TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

Check out the comparison between the Dark Knight and the Original Batman- it's like the new trailer followed the original shot-by-shot.

Here you go.

Check out the comparison between the Dark Knight and the Original Batman- it's like the new trailer followed the original shot-by-shot.

Here you go.

This almost seems purposely done by someone online. The black cut aways are the exact same length and everything

That wasn't a trailer for the Batman (1989) movie. That was a fan made trailer of footage from the movie syncd up with the audio from the Dark Knight trailer.

It was linked (I think in this thread even) around the internet a long time ago.

Why someone would put it side by side with the trailer that they were copying...I know not.

Possible pic of how Two-Face will look, it's concept artwork for the film

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/pre...05/dent_tdk.jpg

Eckhart speaks to the L.A. Times

THE trailers for "The Dark Knight" have shown quite a bit of Heath Ledger's scabbier, surlier reinvention of the Joker (think of Malcolm McDowell's thug from "A Clockwork Orange" but with kelp-colored hair, scars and a hyena laugh), but the producers have been keeping the film's other Batman bad guy, Two-Face, under wraps. ¶ "That's right, people don't really know yet," actor Aaron Eckhart said with grin. "I can tell you that, basically, when you look at Two-Face, you should get sick to your stomach. Being the guy under all that, well, that was a lot of fun for me. It's like you would feel if you met someone whose face had pretty much been ripped off or burned off with acid. I can't talk about it beyond that because I don't want to give away too much of the plans by Chris.

"There are fans on the Internet who have done artist's versions of what they think it will look like, and I can tell you this: They're thinking small; Chris is going way farther than people think."

It really matches up with that one shot in the trailer. I think it's legit. It's legit and it's awesome. I heard they were going to be touching up Two-Face with CGI, so I wonder if we've seen everything there is to see.

Bonus Chud article written by a Nancy-Boy; contains spoileriffic pic: http://chud.com/articles/articles/14617/1/...FACE/Page1.html

Redo of the classic 60's Batman movie. Actually looks like it would be pretty cool.

Rumors are circulating that the next villain in the Batman series will be

The Riddler

Why?

In the viral marketing for The Dark Knight, Edward Nashton, one of the alias of The Riddler, is credited for writing an editorial in The Gotham Times Volume 2 which features an article about a Batman statue being added to the Wax Museum as well. Madame Soleil's Wax Museum was used in a 1966 episode of the Batman TV series, where the Riddler used a Batman statue to smuggle in a 'Universal Wax Solvent' from France, to be used later against Batman. This could possibly hint to an appearance by The Riddler in The Dark Knight.

Thoughts?

Well the Riddler is probably the best known rogue after the Joker and Two-Face. DC probably figures that he would be more of an interesting character then the Penguin or Mr. Freeze. You may say Catwoman, but I think DC and WB still wants us to forget that abortion of a movie they put out with Halle Berry a few years ago.

Personally, I think this is there best option. Unless I am totally blanking on someone.

They can go with Bane who is pretty cool.

Dunno...Bane might be in the same boat as Halle's Catwoman...

That is, they're still trying to get people to forget about the Bane from Batman & Robin...

Hush and Riddler. How about that?

That'd be ok. Riddler usually sucks in my opinion, but that was one of his good story arcs.

I'd actually prefer they scrap this franchise after three. They can make more Bat movies, but get a different team in on it. I believe it was a three picture deal with Nolan and Bale anyway. Keeps it fresh. Like, imagine Danny Boyle directing a No Man's Land series (not likely, but it'd be cool).

Part four is where things usually take a turn for the silly with many franchises. Three usually isn't hot shit either, but I have high hopes for this one.

I have enough confidence in Nolan to not let things get out of hand, but four would be a good cut off for him and Bale. I'm somewhat hesitant, though, because I don't have enough confidence in DC for them to find someone competent again.

Going along with Riddler and Hush, limit Riddler to the third, and let Hush take center stage in the fourth as the cap. I'm very tempted to suggest they plant the seeds for Knightfall in this third movie, so that Azrael and Bane figure into a fourth, since I think it could work with Hush involved and it would be a good workaround to the guest appearances in the original, but you don't want to cram in too much.

I think that this film will do a good enough job of erasing thoughts of this being the same franchise as the previous Batman movies that they will be able to use the same villains from before without worry. I doubt if the Riddler were used by Nolan that he would be as over the top as Jim Carrey was in Forever. Bane, Penguin, Catwoman and Riddler could all be used in realistic tones.

The Two-Face pics have been pulled, confirming them as real. At least, that's what I thought until I read this statement from Batman-on-Film's inside source:

“Thought ol' Slappy should sniff his way in with a little insight into what has found its way onto the Net.

It's real, however it's one of the very early concept designs (remember what I reported to you regarding the look of The Joker before that was public knowledge? This image of Two Face is from around the same period of early design tests). Just like the early concept design of The Joker largely informed the final look, it wasn't dead on (i.e. They decided to retain the purple suit rather than the raggedy, pieced together costume, etc), but certain elements carried through to the final screen version (The “Cut Smile“).

In the case of this particular design, it's closer to what you'll see than that early Joker design was, but it's not a good representation of what it looks like on camera (and, as I alluded to above, it's not *exactly* what the screen look is). It's not really what you'll see in the movie, but the general idea is still very much intact.

I don't mean to be overly cryptic, but I know that a lot of people are trying to retain the surprise of the Two-Face look, and this concept art doesn't properly represent what Aaron looks like onscreen.”

So maybe we ain't seen nothing yet.

Just go ahead and do The Dark Knight Returns already. The Batman movies have been ripping it off for almost 20 years now so might as well. An older Batman story would actually be somewhat fresh in a scene where there is a glut of origin stories.

Well the Riddler is probably the best known rogue after the Joker and Two-Face. DC probably figures that he would be more of an interesting character then the Penguin or Mr. Freeze. You may say Catwoman, but I think DC and WB still wants us to forget that abortion of a movie they put out with Halle Berry a few years ago.

Personally, I think this is there best option. Unless I am totally blanking on someone.

Actually, Riddler would be the most REAL. I think, for this series, that guys like Mr. Freeze or Clayface would be to science-fictiony, and I believe Nolan himself said that he'd never use the Penguin.

I can see them using Riddler, Hush (that would be interesting), MAYBE Poison Ivy if they didn't use the whole plant-controlling aspect of her character). I don't think they'd do Bane or the Knightfall storyline, because this is a 'younger' Batman, and it would be too early in his carrer.

I'm mainly looking at how well Knightfall could work well in a different context with the necessary changes, woven into another story like that of Hush and taking Milky's term limit into account, it would make for a good, triumphant end for Nolan's Batman. It could work, although I'm also very biased in favor of Bane.

Here's a list of everyone they could use. Could Deadshot work in the movies?

Reading the Wiki entry for Harley Quinn points to an actress already been chosen for the role, although it was semi-shot down.

It really matches up with that one shot in the trailer. I think it's legit. It's legit and it's awesome.

Neat, but not like the actual trailer's an homage or nothin'. As said, it's an fan edit to match '89 footage to the Dark Knight.

The original's trailers are no great shakes.

if I am thinking right in the Batman world, doesnt Harvey Dent become Two Face

Yes. I don't want to make fun of you for saying that, but that was a major point of discussion on this page due to the pic of Aaron Eckhart (Harvey Dent) as Two Face.

It really matches up with that one shot in the trailer. I think it's legit. It's legit and it's awesome.

Neat, but not like the actual trailer's an homage or nothin'. As said, it's an fan edit to match '89 footage to the Dark Knight.

The original's trailers are no great shakes.

I was talking about the Two-Face picture.

As for Zsasz, he's in Batman Begins.

As for Deadshot, he's in the Batman anime coming out in the summer.