TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

I like those Gothan Tonight features. What makes them great is that they have put a little bit of new footage of Wayne, Gordon and Dent in them.

My only question is who is the female broadcaster in the videos? She seems better then Anthony Michael Hall in the role of reporter.

That was great, 5 minutes down, just need to see the remaining 146.

Batman star Christian Bale has declared he will quit the comic book movie franchise if producers ever decide to reintroduce the caped crusader's sidekick Robin.

Bale took on the role of the legendary action hero in 2005's Batman Begins and will be seen again in The Dark Knight, which is due for release later this month.

But the actor is hoping that the character of Robin is not brought back into any of future Batman movies - because he will resign in protest.

He says, "If Robin crops up in one of the new Batman films, I'll be chaining myself up somewhere and refusing to go to work."

I was never much of a Robin fan myself. Thank you, Christian Bale!

The wait's been years now but the payoff is going to be so sweet. I really appreciate the fact that they know we're dying on this end waiting for it, so they keep setting us up with great ***** to at least take the edge off.

I wouldn't mind if they brought in Robin, as long as they did it well. Perhaps if they skipped past Dick and went straight to Tim Drake? He's a more realistic character for these films.

I wouldn't mind if they brought in Robin, as long as they did it well. Perhaps if they skipped past Dick and went straight to Tim Drake? He's a more realistic character for these films.

What about Jason Todd?

But I heard the director of these movies wasn't planning to bring in Robin anyway. After all, this is the early career of Batman...Robin, in any form, would still be a kid at this time...if not a baby.

I have to admit that while I am anticipating this a great deal (certainly more than Batman Begins, which comparatively had much less hype), some aspects of the marketing worry me a little. The trailers and ads focus almost entirely on The Joker, which makes me wonder if Nolan is going to end up falling into the Burton trap of giving The Joker all the interesting stuff to do and mostly ignores Batman.

My brother did note that at least there was a previous Batman origin film this time, unlike in 1989 where Batman simply shows up.

Of course they're going to focus more on Joker. Like it or not - and I certainly don't - the death of a star = big bucks. Showing a lot of him is to entice the mainstream audience who likely didn't see the first film and are only interested because of Heath.

The movie is tracking very well so far. I would not be surprised if TDK challenges Spiderman 3 for the record opening weekend.

Are you kidding? It's totally going to be beat out by Hancock. :lol:

I've got my ticket booked for a advanced screening on 23rd July.

GWAN!

Guest !!!

ugh why are there so many pictures of Heath Ledger as the Joker in people's signatures here? Because he's dead?

And it has begun. I knew as soon as he died that it wasn't going to be an overhyping of his work that bothered me...it was going to be the people who claim that anything and everything having to do with interest in the movie is because he died.

So damned predictable.

ugh why are there so many pictures of Heath Ledger as the Joker in people's signatures here? Because he's dead?

Because he's portraying an iconic character in one of the summer's most anticipated movies? What's wrong with that?

Guest !!!

I dunno, I don't come in here much, so I guess I just underestimated the extent to which people still cared about Batman.

I dunno, I don't come in here much, so I guess I just underestimated the extent to which people still cared about Batman.

You can be such a dumbass sometimes.

For some reason when Joker points his gun at someone in that clip I kept thinking to myself "Who the hell does that remind me of?" Then I remembered, it reminds of Sting (crow 96-98 period) pointing his bat at the nWo.