TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in Baseball 4/23 - 4/29

I can't wait until Alexander is all "fuck you" to New York in October, and plays in the Southwest.

Southwest? As much as you may be praying for it I don't see him signing with Arizona and I'm not seeing many other teams that can be considered in the Southwest.

I wouldn't be surprised to see A-Rod in a Dodgers or Angels uniform eventually.

Brewers beat the Cubbies in the 12th inning last night after Prince Fielder's second home run of the night. Brewers are in first place in the NL Central, and leading by 2.5 games, as noted.

At the College Night on the 2nd day of the year against the Atlanta Braves, it was Dollar Dog Night. I was in the 200 level, and above me there were tons of things being thrown into the outfield, and a NY Giants fan who wore an Eli Manning jersey was absolutely brutally beaten up by a group of college kids. Why would you wear such a jersey to Philly if not to look for trouble? The hot dog/pretzel/beer throwing began after Gordon blew the lead in the 9th and they had to keep stopping to clean the field.

Guest Queen Leelee
I can't wait until Alexander is all "fuck you" to New York in October, and plays in the Southwest.

Southwest? As much as you may be praying for it I don't see him signing with Arizona and I'm not seeing many other teams that can be considered in the Southwest.

Arizona isn't likely. I doubt they'd be willing to pay for him, plus we have a decent SS/3B already with Drew and Tracy.

Anaheim is likely. I'd go to games just to see him.

Guest Richard McBeef
a NY Giants fan who wore an Eli Manning jersey was absolutely brutally beaten up by a group of college kids. Why would you wear such a jersey to Philly if not to look for trouble?

Guy's got a point. Bitch had it coming. I'm not being sarcastic, either.

Guest Queen Leelee

And Cubs fans are the epitome of class. They don't want to kill just any fans!

I've seen spies (other teams fans) before in our stadium, but they were probably a little more rowdy than normal. Still, you have to admit that it was funny. Not worth condemning the Philly fan base which has become an easy target nationally. The best is when we're getting blown out and start Eagles chants. I've gotten tons of dirty looks for that shit.

As you should. Football sucks.

It was dollar dog day again at Philly, and those nights tend to attract tons of college kids. They've had problems this year at other games already, for example a previous Phils/Astros game saw that fan run onto the field and make it to second base.

As I am now out of college and officially had to become a respectable human being, I don't do that any more... but it was fun while it lasted. And even though we've had 'problems' at least we're making progress. The St Joes Prep kids didn't do anything stupid on opening day this year! We're evolving, slowly but surely. ;)

Guest Richard McBeef
And Cubs fans are the epitome of class. They don't want to kill just any fans!

Hey, we ain't no white trash.

ligue.jpggamboa_tom0920.jpg

I wore my Braves hat and uniform to Shea on Saturday and no one killed me.

I did get booed a bit and some dirty looks.

I'm going to the Sox-Yanks game on Friday- Dice-K!

Guest Richard McBeef

It's not the Braves they mind; they were booing the curvature of your hat.

I'm going to Miller Park in June. I feel that I should be safe.

Brewers-Cubs last night was the best game I've seen yet this year. Villanueva pitched 4 innings of scoreless relief to get the win, I'm proud.

Guest Richard McBeef

I wish I could say that was the worst game for me, but it's still not. That game with the Reds where Zambrano and Ohman gave up 6 runs with a 5-0 lead is the nadir. This is close, though.

Guest Richard McBeef

I don't know, I'd ask him, but he's a fictitious television character. Besides, everyone likes Al Bundy.

Czech, has a part of you already started to miss Dusty Baker managing the Cubs? I can't even begin to describe the type of entertainment that man brought to Chicago.

Good lord the A's outfield is a mess. Not only is Mark Kotsay and Milton Bradley on the DL, Travis Buck and Bobby Kielty are banged up and have been unavailable the last couple days, now Nick Swisher leaves in the first inning today with an ankle injury. Marco Scutaro is now in right field and they have Danny Putnam in center who had to be called up from Double-A due to all the injuries.

The Chuck Knoblauch incident happened on Dollar Dog Night. Bob Casey even scolded the fans for their rowdy behavior.

Man that was such a fun night, i was actually there and right in the middle of it all, Tom Kelly got on the mic and was yelling at the fans too. 1$ hotdogs+ 6$ lower level GA tickets+ and drunk college kids = a damn funny night

I was starting to get sick of the nonstop media coverage of Alex Rodriguez's historic start, so I switched it to NPR on the way home, hoping to enlighten myself a little bit with All Things Considered. After an interesting story about the rebuilding of Southern Sudan, the show took a quick break before returning with its next story, Alex Rodriguez's historic start.

It's really inescapable at this point. I am happy that the question has finally changed from "What's wrong with Alex Rodriguez?" to "What's wrong with the Yankees?", though.

Guest Richard McBeef
Czech, has a part of you already started to miss Dusty Baker managing the Cubs? I can't even begin to describe the type of entertainment that man brought to Chicago.

Well, we strand runners at second and third and mismanage the bench and bullpen. I'm not sure he's even gone!

EDIT: Where in the world is tonight's White Sox game?

Next Game: Tue., April 24 @ 7:10 p.m. CT

TV: CSN+2 | Radio: WSCR 670

The Cubs are on CSN, the Bulls are evidently on CSN+ (CLTV) in addition to national coverage, so they had to invent another channel? The White Sox need a better broadcasting deal, too. Just put them back on channel 50 all the time and end this Comcast clusterfuck.

Guest Richard McBeef

Cubs load the bases, Izturis grounds into a double play to end the inning. Why is this guy starting over The Riot?

EDIT: Brewers color guy Bill Schroeder, on a hitting drill:

"The loser had to service the entire team. Bring them drinks and food and stuff." Suffice to say my eyebrows went up for a second there.

Guest Queen Leelee

Poor A's. Amazing that Piazza is still healthy. I wish he'd stop sucking though, since I have him in every league.

I can't wait to watch a very special edition of Sportscenter: "NY Yankees: Last Place".

Complete with somber piano music and low-hushed narration

I can't wait to watch a very special edition of Sportscenter: "NY Yankees: Last Place".

Complete with somber piano music and low-hushed narration

Already saw it in Ken Burns' Baseball. Ah for the days when Steinbrenner destroyed the Yankees.