TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

SAW IV

2002221577750136923rsdg7.jpg

Following the events of SAW 3, Jeff is now left puzzled as he struggles to survive.

Locked in the building, Jeff needs to find his daughter and get out of there before they both die.

While searching, he finds a video Jigsaw made after he found out he had cancer.

What's on that video brings up a brand new twist that Jeff must figure out before he becomes a murder mystery.

Angus Macfadyen and Tobin Bell return in the fourth installment of the Saw franchise.

This time, its one man against the clock, as twisted serial killer 'Jigsaw' has one final deadly game to play...

Following on the events of the last film, Jeff is left in a head-spin as the search for his missing daughter under weighs.

With nothing but a single tape from the now deceased Jigsaw to bring him to his dying daughter, Jeff must decide whether to risk his own life for the smallest chance of relocating his daughter, who is slowly perishing in a cell of horror and dread...

SAW 4 opens once again Halloween weekend worldwide Friday October 26, 2007

Edit: This was the synopsis of the film at the time of this posting.

This really HAS to be the end of the line. But what really worries me is they may end up making ANOTHER SAW to answer the questions about Dr. Gordon and the Detective. I really hope they don't but I'm getting a bad feeling we'll be getting a flashback movie with Donnie after this. I'm all for this one since it did have so many questions and it obviously set up the final test at the end of 3.

Just what they do if it's successful worries me cause as much as I love the series, I don't want to see a five.

I hope they figure out some way to answer the Dr. Gordon/Det. Matthews questions in #4. Always interested to see the traps, though.

It's been forever since I have seen 1 and 2. Would you mind giving a brief synopsis of the Gordon/Detective questions? Thanks.

It's been forever since I have seen 1 and 2. Would you mind giving a brief synopsis of the Gordon/Detective questions? Thanks.

Dr. Gordon cuts off his foot and crawls off to get help for Adam. It was just assumed he died but part 2 showed us there was a small flaw there. No corpse of Dr. Gordon in the hallway (there was a corpse of Adam so his question was answered) and no mention of what the hell happened to him by the cops other than he went missing. Even Jigsaw/Amanda don't mention what the hell happened to him, he just kinda up and vanishes without a trace. So the question remains, where is Dr. Gordon? Is he dead? Did he get out of the tunnel and just drop dead on the street? And if he did, how did the cops not find the tunnel after finding his dead body?

Detective Matthews of course gets trapped in the room at the end of Part 2 and in Part 3 it looks like Amanda killed him. However Jigsaw reveals she didn't do it and he "cleaned up her mess" but Jigsaw says he has never murdered anyone. So that leaves the question of what happened to Detective Matthews then? What did Jigsaw mean by he "cleaned up her mess" if it didn't mean he killed him?

That's about the size of it.

Thanks. What are the chances that Gordon survived and will become the new Jigsaw because of him sawing off his own foot?

Thanks. What are the chances that Gordon survived and will become the new Jigsaw because of him sawing off his own foot?

While I think there is a SLIGHT chance, I just don't see it as making much sense. I mean, why would he give up ever seeing his daughter again to work for Jigsaw? Outside of completely losing his mind and assuming his wife and daughter are dead without checking, it just wouldn't work from a logical standpoint.

Good shock value but good ending? No. It would require a LOT of explanation and I doubt I'd be interested in it.

I didn't mean working for Jigsaw, I meant being so obsessed with him that he assumed his role after Jigsaw and Amanda are dead. I understand that their would still be a lot of explanation, but anyone could be sick enough in the head after they had to saw their own foot off due to a "serial trapper."

This really HAS to be the end of the line. But what really worries me is they may end up making ANOTHER SAW to answer the questions about Dr. Gordon and the Detective. I really hope they don't but I'm getting a bad feeling we'll be getting a flashback movie with Donnie after this. I'm all for this one since it did have so many questions and it obviously set up the final test at the end of 3.

Just what they do if it's successful worries me cause as much as I love the series, I don't want to see a five.

Actually, after the first film the series was signed for parts 2-5 so there is most likely going to be the last one coming out next year.

Agreed, the third film was utter garbage.

And what pissed me off the most is that it answered too many questions about the first film. I really liked the ambiguity of the first film and how it ends. But now that i know too much about it, it's lost some of its appeal.

Oh dear :( Saw was awesome, Saw II was ok, Saw III just lost it completely. Each film became less about the storyline, mystery and fight for survival and more about how gory they could make the traps. I'll still end up watching it though, it's one of those 'guilty films' I watch when bored like Resident Evil I & II. I know they're crap, but they pass the time.

It would be hard to do anything with the Dr. Gordon story, because after Saw came out Cary Elwes sued the creators for more money. They had a small legal battle that didn't end well, so it's almost impossible to get him back for another movie. I'm guessing thats mostly why they didn't mention him.

Glad that I'm not the only one that thinks the movies keep getting worse

I loved the first one. For number two it just seemed like they tried to do too much. Three was awful, since the lead guy in the traps was never in any danger at all there were no scares really. Dumb ending as well.

And with all that being said...yeah, I'll see number four when it's out

I have enjoyed all three of the SAW flicks thus far and will see the fourth, but I will admit, nothing is going to beat

the twist in the first one, with jigsaw being in the bathroom the entire time, and then getting up and revealing everything

Dr. Gordon cuts off his foot and crawls off to get help for Adam. It was just assumed he died but part 2 showed us there was a small flaw there. No corpse of Dr. Gordon in the hallway (there was a corpse of Adam so his question was answered) and no mention of what the hell happened to him by the cops other than he went missing. Even Jigsaw/Amanda don't mention what the hell happened to him, he just kinda up and vanishes without a trace. So the question remains, where is Dr. Gordon? Is he dead? Did he get out of the tunnel and just drop dead on the street? And if he did, how did the cops not find the tunnel after finding his dead body?

I forgot who, but either the director and/or the producer(s) of SAW have said that Dr. Gordon is dead, I'm pretty sure its on the SAW I commentary. There's controversy because we didn't actually see him die on screen even he looked PALE AS FUCK before crawling out the door. I'm assuming they killed him off because of Cary bitching about his paycheck. So unless they change their minds and give us a swerve, Dr. Gordon is dead from loss of blood and no its not him putting the key behind the guy's eye in the video at the start of SAW II.

Am I the only one annoyed by the daughter being brought into 3, and possibly 4? Jigsaw's thing wasn't going after people who didn't deserve it. Seems like they're just throwing that out the window...unless it's another swerve

Am I the only one annoyed by the daughter being brought into 3, and possibly 4? Jigsaw's thing wasn't going after people who didn't deserve it. Seems like they're just throwing that out the window...unless it's another swerve

Umm, considering he organizes a man to shoot Dr. Gordon's wife AND daughter in part 1 if Dr. Gordon doesn't kill Adam, I don't think this one is out of his realm.

Umm, considering he organizes a man to shoot Dr. Gordon's wife AND daughter in part 1 if Dr. Gordon doesn't kill Adam, I don't think this one is out of his realm.

And the fact that he kidnapped the detective's son and put him in a small safe in SAW 2.

Jigsaw said he despises murderers, yet he tried to kill Danny Glover.

I don't remember where I read this but right when 3 came out they were already talking about the franchise had been signed on for TWO more sequels.

Jigsaw said he despises murderers, yet he tried to kill Danny Glover.

I know it's a bit of a stretch, but maybe you could call it self defense? In that case he didn't try to murder him.....