TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

oAo ECW thread for May 1st

RVD vs Vince is sorta like punishment for him not resigning I guess.

That should have been given a few more minutes.

plus, I hate it whenever whoever takes the 5 star has to reposition themselves and cant do it subtly.

Vince said 1 fall to a finish before the match.

Also, when is ONS?

I guess it was a GREAT idea to move it from NYC then, since Vince now has the title. There would be riots.

Vince with the title going into Philly or NYC would be sensational. Especially against a real old-school ECW classic guy who would take the title away from him and create a really classic WW/E/CW moment.

Right, which would actually be entertaining instead of watching a show in front of a bunch of zombies.

i have tickets to ONS...It's only a couple thousand seats left...which i expect will be gone once the card is annouced...Plus it's the first WWE PPV outta Jacksonville...it'll be a great crowd....actually..WCW's last PPV was in Jacksonville..Greed or sin or whatever it was

Right, which would actually be entertaining instead of watching a show in front of a bunch of zombies.

i have tickets to ONS...It's only a couple thousand seats left...which i expect will be gone once the card is annouced...Plus it's the first WWE PPV outta Jacksonville...it'll be a great crowd....actually..WCW's last PPV was in Jacksonville..Greed or sin or whatever it was

The mention of a dying WCW PPV with zombies was quite appros. That's the problem. It'll be a pro WWE crowd aside from a small sample of old die-hards. It'll be hot but not the insanity we got last year with Cena. Those people hate McMahon more. Which is funny but it's the case.

The mention of a dying WCW PPV with zombies was quite appros. That's the problem. It'll be a pro WWE crowd aside from a small sample of old die-hards. It'll be hot but not the insanity we got last year with Cena. Those people hate McMahon more. Which is funny but it's the case.

True..but if they put on a great show and everyone goes home happy I'll be content...I'd rather be at an event where the people actually enjoy what they paid for although ONS in NYC woulda been nice...

While the main event was a fun garbage match, can we make note of how the awesome program of the past month is now on its death-bed.

You serious?

ECW tonight was booked extremely well. They continued and developed even more in the on-going feud with the New Breed / Burke / Punk, the main event was enjoyable watching three of the four competitors whose bodies are borken trying to do the gimmick that made them famous and pulling out a few good spots and showing they still have something left in their tanks. Although it was cool to see Sabu take the bumps he did, but he barely avoided serious injury with his triple jump springboard moonsault.

Although they'll more than likely do a bait and switch next week, I'm actually wanting to see RVD vs. Vince McMahon. Granted, RVD will surely be beaten in some fashion or manner, he'll exact some sort of revenge on McMahon, and I'll enjoy that immensely.

Okay would you mind explaining to me how the FUCK RVD is going to revenge himself on Vince? Go ahead, I want to hear this shit. I wanna know how Van Dam is going to one up Vince when his contract is almost up and he's bound to get buried. I'm just hoping next week has Umaga, Shane, Estrada, and the entire Corporate Ministry running in to help Vince win that match.

Honestly if they were going to do an angle of this type why not use Shane in this role instead of Vince? He'd make a lot more sense and would be the annoying rich punk trying to be hardcore (which is what his in ring efforts have always been). Shane vs. RVD might be a compelling match for obvious reasons. RVD vs. Vince? It's going to suck and even worse it'll be offensive on numerous levels.

They almost had something with ECW over the past month. The Originals/New Breed angle was clicking after a rocky initial act of the storyline. CM Punk was heavily involved. Now they have pissed away all that good will in record time, and not only have they got the belt on Vince but the whole Punk/New Breed angle has already lost all its mojo. That angle went from being fascinating and cool to now just having Punk kinda wreck the faction...and that's about it. Nothing interesting like Burke orders the rest of them to attack Punk but then they stop and instead follow Punk and beat Burke's ass. Just Punk kicking Thorn's ass tonight and Thorn quits. Huh?

Oh and one last thing. Who the hell thought it'd be a good idea to play Warrant on an ECW show? I was pissed at that tonight because it reminded me of when I went to a WCW house show in July 2000 and the Nitro Girls did a brief routine to Cherry Pie. Hair band shit like Warrant is the exact stuff ECW would have never, ever played on TV.

Okay would you mind explaining to me how the FUCK RVD is going to revenge himself on Vince? Go ahead, I want to hear this shit. I wanna know how Van Dam is going to one up Vince when his contract is almost up and he's bound to get buried. I'm just hoping next week has Umaga, Shane, Estrada, and the entire Corporate Ministry running in to help Vince win that match.

Honestly if they were going to do an angle of this type why not use Shane in this role instead of Vince? He'd make a lot more sense and would be the annoying rich punk trying to be hardcore (which is what his in ring efforts have always been). Shane vs. RVD might be a compelling match for obvious reasons. RVD vs. Vince? It's going to suck and even worse it'll be offensive on numerous levels.

They almost had something with ECW over the past month. The Originals/New Breed angle was clicking after a rocky initial act of the storyline. CM Punk was heavily involved. Now they have pissed away all that good will in record time, and not only have they got the belt on Vince but the whole Punk/New Breed angle has already lost all its mojo. That angle went from being fascinating and cool to now just having Punk kinda wreck the faction...and that's about it. Nothing interesting like Burke orders the rest of them to attack Punk but then they stop and instead follow Punk and beat Burke's ass. Just Punk kicking Thorn's ass tonight and Thorn quits. Huh?

Oh and one last thing. Who the hell thought it'd be a good idea to play Warrant on an ECW show? I was pissed at that tonight because it reminded me of when I went to a WCW house show in July 2000 and the Nitro Girls did a brief routine to Cherry Pie. Hair band shit like Warrant is the exact stuff ECW would have never, ever played on TV.

Oh boy, here we go.

Like I said in my post, RVD will obviously lose the feud with McMahon because as we know it he did not resign his contract with the WWE. You just have a different opinion and outlook on the wrestling definition of being buried. People were bitching last night about how Van Dam was "buried" by Umaga. I saw things very differently then that. Van Dam pulled out the most competitive match with Umaga since Cena. Just because Van Dam is likely leaving the company doesn't mean Vince is going to totally distroy the man's credibility nor stock. Because in all reality, Van Dam will return to the WWE sometime in the future. The revenge I was speaking of was in a kayfabe sense, meaning Van Dam is going to kick Vince's ass, and show that he has his number in more than one way, and that it'll take all of Vince's stooges to deliver the victory. Why is Vince vs. RVD going to be offensive on many levels? I'm not understanding that part. I think you're totally wrong, and out of the loop if you believe Shane vs. Van Dam would be a better feud. Workrate wise, yes, it would be. But, not everything has to always be about workrate. Shane would do his usually schtick and outwrestle RVD, just like he outwrestled an Olympic Gold Medalist and countless others over the years.

And regarding the New Breed/Punk angle, for fucks sake, give it some time already. The WWE is obviously changing its ways, just look at how much quality wrestling they've showcased lately, and allowed an outsider (Punk) to become a staple in a prime angle. Vince is a good business man, and he knows he's got a golden opportunity with Punk. Tonight was a good advancement of the angle. Burke allowing his fellow stable mates to be embarassed and defeated and not inserting himself in any way, shape, or form. Tonights events planted the seeds that will surely result in Punk becoming the leader of the New Breed and Burke being kicked to the curb. It'll all work out in the end.

Oh boy, here we go.

Like I said in my post, RVD will obviously lose the feud with McMahon because as we know it he did not resign his contract with the WWE. You just have a different opinion and outlook on the wrestling definition of being buried. People were bitching last night about how Van Dam was "buried" by Umaga. I saw things very differently then that. Van Dam pulled out the most competitive match with Umaga since Cena. Just because Van Dam is likely leaving the company doesn't mean Vince is going to totally distroy the man's credibility nor stock. Because in all reality, Van Dam will return to the WWE sometime in the future. The revenge I was speaking of was in a kayfabe sense, meaning Van Dam is going to kick Vince's ass, and show that he has his number in more than one way, and that it'll take all of Vince's stooges to deliver the victory. Why is Vince vs. RVD going to be offensive on many levels? I'm not understanding that part. I think you're totally wrong, and out of the loop if you believe Shane vs. Van Dam would be a better feud. Workrate wise, yes, it would be. But, not everything has to always be about workrate. Shane would do his usually schtick and outwrestle RVD, just like he outwrestled an Olympic Gold Medalist and countless others over the years.

And regarding the New Breed/Punk angle, for fucks sake, give it some time already. The WWE is obviously changing its ways, just look at how much quality wrestling they've showcased lately, and allowed an outsider (Punk) to become a staple in a prime angle. Vince is a good business man, and he knows he's got a golden opportunity with Punk. Tonight was a good advancement of the angle. Burke allowing his fellow stable mates to be embarassed and defeated and not inserting himself in any way, shape, or form. Tonights events planted the seeds that will surely result in Punk becoming the leader of the New Breed and Burke being kicked to the curb. It'll all work out in the end.

I honestly couldn't have said it better myself. Anything you touched on was 100% correct. Just because RVD vs Vince is next week and RVD's contract is running out doesn't mean "oh shit! WWE is going to kill RVD's career!", it honestly means that the WWE and Vince are going to try very hard to keep RVD WWE bound and are giving him that push RVD has been wanting to keep. If WWE really wanted to kill RVD's career, they would have been sitting his ass at home until his contract expired after he and Sabu got busted for pot last year. WWE wants RVD to stay, they understand how over he is, they understand that they need RVD for the ECW show, as they know RVD can draw for that show. If WWE honestly wanted ECW to be dead and RVD to be dead, they would have done it a long time ago, and at the moment, WWE and Vince are putting a lot of work on the ECW show to make sure it works, and they'll need RVD to help make sure ECW does work.

As far as the New Breed thing goes...a lot of people are jumping the gun when it comes to the angle. Give it time to play out to see where it goes, same with the ECW Originals vs McMahon.

Thank you.

Was anyone else hoping to see McMahon get the shit caned out of him by the Sandman?

It's too bad the Main Event only had a 5 minute time slot, I mean it was still a fun match, but you could tell everyone was rushing the shit out of things in order to hit their signature spots. Also, it was more a fatal-fourway as Four-Way Dances were elimination matches.

If Sandman caned Vince...do you know how much more Sandman would have been over with the crowd? It would have been a great finish if Sandman won the match tonight, then took a cane and just went after Vince caning him all the way to the back. You know...I honestly can see a Original becoming Heel next week and helping Vince win. In which case, I do think its time for one of the Originals to become a heel. Sandman or Sabu would be a great choice.

What makes any of you guys think there is some grand scheme with Vince vs. RVD that will last beyond RVD jobbing and being humiliated next week? Of course Van Dam will dominate most of the match...Vince has no real wrestling talent. In other words this angle will go down along with David Flair as US Champ in terms of being embarrassing. The absolute best case scenario for next week is the match not being Extreme Rules and everyone runs in for a DQ.

The real reality here? Vince is likely thinking "Okay, pot head. You don't want to re-sign? Fine. Not only will I job you to guys like the New Breed that have zero credibility, but on the way out you can job to ME in an ECW title match!" The fact that Vince mentioned giving Lashley a rematch last night indicates that next week's RVD match is mainly to embarrass RVD in order to build to the Lashley rematch that few people want to see aside from WWE creative.

I honestly don't think sending RVD home last July would have hurt his career at all. If anything he'd have been ultra fresh for TNA since he last would have been seen as a dual WWE/ECW champion and wouldn't have spent another year jobbing. I've never understood the notion of jobbing constantly while riding out a contract. It doesn't do anyone any good really, since fans know the guy is being jobbed out so the wins over him mean nothing, and it hurts the guy's value elsewhere since he's been jobbing. Taz was never quite the same after he dropped the ECW title and then spent his last few months in ECW jobbing to Sabu and RVD, Awesome, etc.

But really, unless something major changes RVD isn't signing with WWE and from all accounts he turned down their "final offer." So next week I'd fully expect him to job to Vince, the Originals will get destroyed by Umaga, Shane, and Co., and Vince will all but piss on Van Dam in the center of the ring.

What makes any of you guys think there is some grand scheme with Vince vs. RVD that will last beyond RVD jobbing and being humiliated next week? Of course Van Dam will dominate most of the match...Vince has no real wrestling talent. In other words this angle will go down along with David Flair as US Champ in terms of being embarrassing. The absolute best case scenario for next week is the match not being Extreme Rules and everyone runs in for a DQ.

The real reality here? Vince is likely thinking "Okay, pot head. You don't want to re-sign? Fine. Not only will I job you to guys like the New Breed that have zero credibility, but on the way out you can job to ME in an ECW title match!" The fact that Vince mentioned giving Lashley a rematch last night indicates that next week's RVD match is mainly to embarrass RVD in order to build to the Lashley rematch that few people want to see aside from WWE creative.

I honestly don't think sending RVD home last July would have hurt his career at all. If anything he'd have been ultra fresh for TNA since he last would have been seen as a dual WWE/ECW champion and wouldn't have spent another year jobbing. I've never understood the notion of jobbing constantly while riding out a contract. It doesn't do anyone any good really, since fans know the guy is being jobbed out so the wins over him mean nothing, and it hurts the guy's value elsewhere since he's been jobbing. Taz was never quite the same after he dropped the ECW title and then spent his last few months in ECW jobbing to Sabu and RVD, Awesome, etc.

But really, unless something major changes RVD isn't signing with WWE and from all accounts he turned down their "final offer." So next week I'd fully expect him to job to Vince, the Originals will get destroyed by Umaga, Shane, and Co., and Vince will all but piss on Van Dam in the center of the ring.

So RVD loosing to Vince is embrassing and will hurt his career somewhere else how?

[

While the main event was a fun garbage match, can we make note of how the awesome program of the past month is now on its death-bed.

I agree. Aside from the New Breed stuff, the rest of this week's show sucked. Remember when we used to have great matches (like RVD/Test) almost on a weekly basis? I would even go further than you to say that the main event this week was mediocre. Like another poster said, it felt rushed.

Mcmahon is so deluded that he believes he's a draw as champ or otherwise. That's just sad.