TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Toshiaki Koala

Cthulhu is real.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloop

The Bloop is the name given to an ultra-low frequency underwater sound detected by the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration several times during the summer of 1997. The source of the sound remains unknown.

The sound, traced to somewhere around 50° S 100° W (South American southwest coast), was detected repeatedly by the Equatorial Pacific Ocean autonomous hydrophone array, which uses U.S. Navy equipment originally designed to detect Soviet submarines. According to the NOAA description, it "rises rapidly in frequency over about one minute and was of sufficient amplitude to be heard on multiple sensors, at a range of over 5,000 km." Though it matches the audio profile of a living creature, there is no known animal that could have produced the sound. If it is an animal, it would have to be, reportedly, much larger than even a Blue Whale, according to scientists who have studied the phenomenon.

Some postulate that the sound may come from a huge and as-yet-undiscovered species of octopus or squid, or possibly a new species of gigantic whale or fish even larger than the blue whale.

The site of the Bloop is remarkably close to the site of the fictional city of R'lyeh from H. P. Lovecraft's short story The Call of Cthulhu, where an ancient undersea monster (Cthulhu) lies sleeping. Lovecraft said that R'lyeh is located at 47°9?S, 123°43?W in the southern Pacific Ocean, with the bloop also being targeted somewhere in that range.

In other words, we're fucked.

"They were not composed altogether of flesh and blood. They had shape...but that shape was not made of matter. When the stars were right, They could plunge from world to world through the sky; but when the stars were wrong, They could not live. But although They no longer lived, They would never really die. They all lay in stone house in Their great city R'lyeh, preserved by the spells of mighty Cthulhu for a glorious resurrection when the stars and the earth might once be ready for them." -"The Call of Cthulhu", H.P. Lovecraft

I wouldn't unless you want to end up like Ash. Who wants to see their girlfriend get raped by a tree? Sure it would be kinda hot for about 15 seconds but then you'd be pissed you know? No way your cock is that big.

I approve this thread.

Guest Why2J

Think I'll be spared if I buy one of those plush backpacks in His image?

Man, i was in a good mood. Our inevtible deaths have totally bumed me out.

I do believe this is our only hope...

I do believe this is our only hope...

"A hope?"

"A chance."

There is no chance. Ctulhu can't be defeated or destroyed. We're all going to die.

Cthulhu is basically a character from a book called "Call of Cthulhu" by H.P. Lovecraft from the 1920s. For whatever reason, the concept became popular with a lot of fiction writers and such, and is referenced in a lot of popular culture.

Where is the link that lets me hear the regular recording of it?

I wouldn't unless you want to end up like Ash. Who wants to see their girlfriend get raped by a tree? Sure it would be kinda hot for about 15 seconds but then you'd be pissed you know? No way your cock is that big.

Awesome Post.

Cthulhu is basically a character from a book called "Call of Cthulhu" by H.P. Lovecraft from the 1920s. For whatever reason, the concept became popular with a lot of fiction writers and such, and is referenced in a lot of popular culture.

He's not even the most powerful Elder god (Yog Sothoth is), but he's always been a favorite amongst most fans. I always liked Azathoth myself.

We need to get Detective Harry Phillip Lovecraft on this case to fuck with the inevitable human sacrifices and get that douchebag Amos Hackshaw to die, thus stopping the Elder God's return.