TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Annabelle

2007 NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS - ROUND THREE

ottawa vs. buffalo

detroit vs. san jose

the first series is tougher than hell to choose. i still really don't know who i think will win. they're goingf to beat the shit out of each other. i don't like either team but i am more excited for this series than the detroit one.

detroit will destroy the ducks. a sweep? maybe. in 5, yes.

edit: mods, take out packing from the title & add the last few letters of nobody

thanks.

Guest Queen Leelee

Seems pretty easy to me.

4 lines > 1 line.

Men > Cheap Shot Pussies that Whine About Everything.

Miller > The Worst Starting Goalie in the League Other Than Cloutier.

Goals: BUF SH > OTT PP.

im sorry.

alright.

that 1 line gave the devils 4 lines fits.

lindy ruff = bryan murray in a whining match

ray emery out performed one of the best goalies of all-time

ottawa's powerplay was dominant, buffalo looked weak against both ny teams at times

that said, i'm not convinced that ottawa will take this. i can't choose, really.

Sens in 6

Wings in 6

Sens have 4 solid lines, just like the Sabres. Not all have scored but they haven't needed to. All 4 have played solid. And Leena, you forgot:

Ottawa D>>>>Buffalo D

Ottawa playing their best hockey of the season/Buffalo barely beating both New York teams

And Emery has been as good as Miller.

Sens got this one.

Sens in 6

Wings in 6

Just because one line gets all the publicity -- and they should, they're the best line in the league -- doesn't mean this is a one-line team.

And, as mentioned already, Ottawa D >>>>> Buffalo D.

Wings-Ducks should be an interesting series, if extremely low-scoring.

Time to bust out the "We enjoy being the underdog. That's OK, you guys can keep trying to bring us down. You know, none of ya'll thought we could do it. Nobody but the boys in this locker room believed in us."

Detroit has two things that worry me and that's the performance of both the big two and the PP on the road. However, the fact that they took at least one road win in both previous series means that it might not cost them just yet. Lidstrom has once again proven himself to be the best d-man in the world and Hasek has been stellar. Bad memories of 2003 aside, I see the Wings taking it in 6. Anaheim could win it but they would have to step it up quite a bit.

Guest Queen Leelee

Raymond Emery seems focused on repeating last year's stellar performance by blabbing about how he'd rather face the Rangers because they have a better night life. Poor Ray Ray. Well, after Saturday, you won't have to go back to Buffalo, anyway.

And here's the Ottawa Song by Buffalo's horrible sports radio station, this year.

(Ignore the hypocrisy of saying another team chokes and will never a championship. Thank you.

Ray Ray is more likable than anyone on the Sabres.

Anyways, I'd like to see Ottawa and Detroit in the finals as there are a lot of interesting storylines and a couple of pretty controversial players in Heatley and Bertuzzi. That being said, we'll probably see Anaheim and Buffalo.

I have no idea who will be representing the Eastern Conference in the Stanley Cup Finals. None.

Detroit in 6.

I wonder if we'll get to hear more of the complete non-story that Emery's car accident was. Christ on a pony, VS. was ignoring game 5 to discuss a fucking fender bender.

Ottawa in 5 (OMGZ)

Detroit in 6

Guest Queen Leelee

I didn't know he was so nice and friendly. Too bad he sucks at hockey.

I didn't know he was so nice and friendly. Too bad he sucks at hockey.

Yes, I hear that's often how players get to the National Hockey League.

Guest Queen Leelee

With the Ottawa Senatours, who knows what they expect out of their players.

Maybe immature children who fold in any pressure situations.

Guest Queen Leelee

No. We just never bothered getting talent before 2003. The only reason we made the playoffs is because of D. Hasek.

Times have changed.

Except for Buffalo/Ottawa. Sabres with no talent, Sabres win. Sabres with talent, Sabres win easily.

Guest Queen Leelee

Awww, I wanted to put you in my list, too. :(

I forgot iggymcfly. Why won't he post more about Ottawa.

Guest George's Box

Buffalo and Detroit in 7. That'll be a series. Buffalo and Detroit. Old-time hockey. Now when that happens, which city will Canada claim as its own a la Calgary and Edmonton? They're both border towns.

Oh, and the Sabres better ditch Buffaslug for the finals and wear the throwbacks.

Guest Queen Leelee

Buffalo hates Canucks. When they come in there drunk, they rough 'em up a bit, and throw 'em out.

I also want the throwbacks. Especially the white throwbacks. Those were the best sweaters.

here's the east for me

i loathe lindy ruff & bryan murray

i hate daniel alfredsson & daniel briere

i like ryan miller & sugar ray emery

who am i kidding? i hate all of the senators, except emery. i hate all of the sabres except miller & drury. i think buffalo is up a player in my like books. they'll win. lindy ruff is a TOTAL douchebag, though.

Guest Queen Leelee

I won't disagree about Lindy. I think his time ran out a long time ago, to be honest. He's always focused far too much on TEAM CHEMISTRY than what's best for the team. Sitting Afinogenov = Stupid. I don't care what the reasons were.

On the topic, Sabres I don't like:

Kotalik (Should be an absolute stud, but half-asses way too much.)

Spacek (Massive overration. I hate slower defensemen who won't hurt a fly most games, and he's not even good offensively. They're definite liabilities in the current NHL. Reminds me of Mike Wilson. Oh god, how I hate Mike Wilson. If I hear how he's worthwhile because he played for Edmonton last year again, I will puke.)

Numminen (Nothing really against him, but he's being paid far too much for basically being old and experienced.)

Conklin (If Miller ever goes down... :()

Guest Queen Leelee

Indeed. I'm surprised teams haven't tried it.

That was the downfall of trading Biron. Well, besides him being the most charismatic and best interview in sports.