TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

The 2007 Stanley Cup Finals

I had to wait four years for this final, but I finally got it. Sens in 6, Alfredsson wins the Conn Smythe.

Game 1 - Monday, May 28 @ Anaheim

Game 2 - Wednesday, May 30 @ Anaheim

Game 3 - Saturday, June 2 @ Ottawa

Game 4 - Monday, June 4 @ Ottawa

*Game 5 - Wednesday, June 6 @ Anaheim

*Game 6 - Saturday, June 9 @ Ottawa

*Game 7 - Monday, June 11 @ Anaheim

I'll be at Game 3, and most likely Game 6 if it goes that far.

I hope Anaheim wins because they are local. I really couldn't care less about hockey in general. I've tried watching it several times, and it's about as exciting as watching poker or billiards.

Guest George's Box

If hockey is as exciting as poker, then rollercoasters are as exciting as corn dogs.

Why did you even bother posting in this thread?

I think this should be a great final, and of course I want the Ducks to win. Ducks in 6

Guest George's Box

To add to my comment, the exception is when the neutral zone trap is being used to stink up the joint. Then hockey is not very exciting at all. But as exciting as fucking POKER? Get real.

Very disappointed in these two teams making it to the finals. Neither team really impresses me. Skill wise I think the ducks probably have the advantage, however I do think some of the refs and the league in general has hard-ons for Canadian teams. I also heard a statistic that ever since the Stanley cup inception in every year ending in "7" the Cup has been one by either a Canadian team or Detroit. As much as I think they are the inferior team, I will predict Ottawa in 6.

Guest George's Box
I also heard a statistic that ever since the Stanley cup inception in every year ending in "7" the Cup has been one by either a Canadian team or Detroit.

Yeah, and every year ending in 0, a hockey team wins. That's not a statistic, that's a fun fact from a Snapple bottle. Do you honestly think that will have any bearing on the outcome of this series?

In 1917 the Seattle Metropolitians won the Cup. But that wasn't the NHL.

Since then it's been Ottawa-Detroit-Toronto-Montreal-Toronto-Montreal-Edmonton-Detroit

As I said in the other thread, I want to see Giguere hoist the Cup to make up for 2003

That, and fuck the Eastern Canadian teams

To add to my comment, the exception is when the neutral zone trap is being used to stink up the joint. Then hockey is not very exciting at all. But as exciting as fucking POKER? Get real.

Even trap hockey is more exciting than something like baseball IMO. At least there's constant movement.

And ignorant Yankee bastards who only stop by to insult hockey piss me off.

Ottawa in 5.

I think the layoff will kill Anaheim's momentum. Their size could be a problem, since Ottawa hasn't really faced a big team yet, nor a team with two or more defensemen that are capable of playing defense. But even with what will be a 9 day layoff for Ottawa, I think they're a better team.

Guest George's Box

Even trap hockey is more exciting than something like baseball IMO. At least there's constant movement.

Hey now. Baseball is a cerebral sport. Both sports have their positives. I'm much more into baseball than hockey right now, though, but I think a lot of that has to do with how irreparably awful the Hawks have become. It's much harder to follow when you don't have a dog in the fight, as much as I like hockey itself.

Guest George's Box

They're not even the MIGHTY Ducks anymore, Jack! They wear black and beige with orange lines.

I'm much more into baseball than hockey right now...It's much harder to follow when you don't have a dog in the fight

So how about that neutered limping dog on the north side?

Guest George's Box
I'm much more into baseball than hockey right now...It's much harder to follow when you don't have a dog in the fight

So how about that neutered limping dog on the north side?

That's different. The Cubs still aren't as messed up as the Hawks are.

Guest Vitamin X

Definitely true. I sometimes forget the Blackhawks exist.

I've got Ottawa in 6, a really hard-fought and physical series. I've liked the Senators the whole way through the playoffs, the Ducks beating the Red Wings definitely showed they can beat anyone, anytime, but Ottawa has the grit to match em.

Go Sens.

Very disappointed in these two teams making it to the finals. Neither team really impresses me. Skill wise I think the ducks probably have the advantage, however I do think some of the refs and the league in general has hard-ons for Canadian teams. I also heard a statistic that ever since the Stanley cup inception in every year ending in "7" the Cup has been one by either a Canadian team or Detroit. As much as I think they are the inferior team, I will predict Ottawa in 6.

Your kidding me? Right?

I may not be at the games I was intending to go to. The only tickets available online are in the Family Zone, so that's only going to be 200-300 tickets available, max. Damn corporate sponsors eating up all the tickets.

Your kidding me? Right?

We're still waiting for Bush to get shot.

Ottawa has been a damn good team so far and I can see them winning it too, but I'm a Ducks fan and I see them winning in 5 (preferably) or 6 and parading the cup on Main Street.

I wore my Ducks jersey to school yesterday, old logo, of course. I got about 3 more smiles per minute from attractive people, for a net gain of 40 percent.

The magic is here. The Finals shouldn't start until a week from next Monday, just to keep this going.

Guest Vitamin X
Ottawa has been a damn good team so far and I can see them winning it too, but I'm a Ducks fan and I see them winning in 5 (preferably) or 6 and parading the cup on Main Street.

Right behind the electrical parade and in front of the Mexican gang members, right?

/dislikes Anaslime

Right behind the electrical parade and in front of the Mexican gang members, right?

/dislikes Anaslime

Anaheim isn't that bad, and no worse than say, Los Angeles or Oakland or Sacramento.