TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Bring back forums.thesmartmarks.com

Guest Smues

Another thing that happened is the link to TSM blogs many of us have in our sigs is now incorrect. Now I have to fix it. Thanks for making me waste mouse clicks Mike!

Guest Vitamin X
How much more traffic do the wrestling folders really bring in over the rest? I'm curious.

Dude, just look at the main page of the forums.

17,122 threads. 667871 replies. Nothing else on the board even comes close. NHB has like, barely a third of that. Hell, if you add up the entire pop culture folder, you only get about seven hundred something thousand replies, and that's comparing the entire pop culture section to *just* the WWE folder, not counting the other wrestling ones.

That takes into account every thread (and reply to) in the WWE folder ever created, unless I'm mistaken.. there's no doubt that this was heavily a wrestling site when it first began, but most people here have moved away from that. A lot of the posters in those wrestling folders have less than 100 posts. They could all be wildpegasus, for all we know.

But yeah, all I said was to de-emphasize that aspect of the board, and downsize it a bit. I'm sure of those 17,122 threads some could be cleared up since the great board crash of 2002 to reflect the current status of the board a bit better.

Guest George's Box

And lose our history in threads like "SmackDown! Spoilers 5/21/02"? Get the fuck outta town. Oh, and even though the WWE folder has the most threads ever (duh), there are only 11 active threads in the last 10 days. I think the sports folder probably gets the most traffic these days.

Just leave the wrestling folders where they are, since I don't need my pulldown menu fucked with any further. I'm a creature of habit.

Ah, ok that makes alot more sense now. Besides him, does anyone else have that problem? I will look and see what I can do.

Websense blocks me at school, so if you could fix it that'd be great.

Guest Queen Leelee

Change it back to forums.thesmartmarks.com.

Bot won't give a reason why he changed it, so just do it.

And do people even use the SWF and OAOAST anymore?

Well, the last post date is either May 27th or May 28th for both. So, I'll take a WILD guess at yes.

Oh, and even though the WWE folder has the most threads ever (duh), there are only 11 active threads in the last 10 days.

That's because the mods seem to think everything should be condensed into one thread, Comments Which Don't Warrant A Thread, which has ironically lead to about two clean pages of people in "Comments Which Don't Warrant A Thread" debating whether comments in "Comments Which Don't Warrant A Thread" actually warrant a thread, instead of posting actual comments.

hey...after you make this change...STOP DOING STUFF!

the forums are fine just the way they are, stop fucking with them.

What he said. I haven't seen any 'speed up'. Infact, if anything, it's slower than before. Plus I still get logged off every day instead of the board 'remembering me', except now instead of typing 'K' in the Username box and having it pop up for my convenience, I have to type out the whole darn thing. Why not do things when they actually need doing?

And do people even use the SWF and OAOAST anymore?

Well, the last post date is either May 27th or May 28th for both. So, I'll take a WILD guess at yes.

Oh, and even though the WWE folder has the most threads ever (duh), there are only 11 active threads in the last 10 days.

That's because the mods seem to think everything should be condensed into one thread, Comments Which Don't Warrant A Thread, which has ironically lead to about two clean pages of people in "Comments Which Don't Warrant A Thread" debating whether comments in "Comments Which Don't Warrant A Thread" actually warrant a thread, instead of posting actual comments.

hey...after you make this change...STOP DOING STUFF!

the forums are fine just the way they are, stop fucking with them.

What he said. I haven't seen any 'speed up'. Infact, if anything, it's slower than before. Plus I still get logged off every day instead of the board 'remembering me', except now instead of typing 'K' in the Username box and having it pop up for my convenience, I have to type out the whole darn thing. Why not do things when they actually need doing?

It's funny how CTDWAT works out sometimes. Sometimes you start a thread with no a traffic and kinda think "well this probably could have been said in CTDWAT", other times you say something in there that goes on forever (a good example would be in the Video Games area, one day after watching X-Play and AOTS for the first time, I commented I didn't get the whole Morgan Webb thing and lot Olivia Munn was better - a two page conversation about G4 ensued). Though I agree with some of the merging in the wrestling area is good, I can't say the same about the video game area. People are afraid to start folders about games now because it will just end up merged with the OAO Wii/Xbox360/PS3 threads.

I don't understand why people rag on the wrestling folders so much. I don't see what makes them so terrible compared to any other wrestling forum on the 'net. I asked this elsewhere, but where is this totally awesome internet wrestling forum on the 'net that is so much better than TSM? I haven't seen one.

It's not so much that they get ragged on because there are better sites for wrestling debates but because the other folders on this board have better traffic and discussion. There's just not a lot going on in the WWE folder compared to the rest of the board. Most of the posters that have been around a while stay completely away from the wrestling folders and much of the discussion on the top of the board seems lame compared to say, Sports or NHB.