TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Offseason - 2007

Everyone else thanks Columbus, the Blues' scout doesn't mess around when he approaches the microphone.

They thanked them when they made their first pick. Davidson did the talking.

Everyone else thanks Columbus, the Blues' scout doesn't mess around when he approaches the microphone.

Which is good. I don't like the pointless talk, just get with the picks.

I find it funny that according to the talking heads, if Chereponov is good then it's bad news for the Leafs. Nevermind the 18 or whatever teams that picked ahead of the Rangers, if he's as advertised, it's a disaster for the Leafs because they traded their pick.

The talking heads don't know anything about the Leafs. Dregger was the only one who even knew that Raycroft was a huge problem last year. It sucks that they lost out on their pick this year, but they needed a goalie, badly. Next year is a stronger draft anyway, and they'll have their first rounder for that.

Cherepanov is lazy. Just wait until you see him play. He is just like Nik Zherdev, but I don't think that he has as much natural talent as Zherdev. I'm so glad we didn't pick him.

Well, only the Blue Jackets debuted their new jerseys at the draft.

Click

On a cool note, TJ Brennan was drafted 31st overall by the Sabres. He is the first ever St. John's Fog Devil to be drafted to the NHL. Mario Kempe was drafted by the Flyers with the 122nd pick, the Sabres got Jean-Simon Allard with the 147th pick, and Matt Fillier was picked up by the Kings at 188. This is pretty cool considering the Fog Devils are only a second year team.

Thats gotta be their 5th jersey since they've been in the league.

Yeah, its pretty ridiculous. Have they even been in the league 10 years yet?

No, they joined in 2000 with Minnesota.

No, they joined in 2000 with Minnesota.

That makes it even more sad.

All the same, it must sucks for the fans of the Blue Jackets. I can see if they would be a bit gun shy about buying the new jerseys, as they will probably be replaced in a year or 2.

A few years ago, the Jackets modified their jerseys to get rid of that cartoonish bug logo they had on the shoulders (but I'm not sure) and added a third jersey. It's not like they change their look every season.

Yeah, its not like the reinvent their jersey every season, but it seems like they are always making tweaks to their jersey. As a fan, I don't know if I would want to buy a jersey for a team that will probably modify it in a year or 2. Really dates you jersey. "hey wanna see my Blue Jackets jersey, circa 2007-2009?"

And took away the bumble bee graphic that was originally on the sweater and replaced it with their third jersey, which is now their current jersey.

So dumb. Maurice's only mistake last year was playing Raycroft so much, but apparently Aubin did something to get in his doghouse, which kind of explains it. Other than that he did a pretty good job, considering the team played better than the previous year's team (other than in net).

They really stopped playing Aubin after he kind of showed up McCabe after he let in a goal. He threw his stick up in the air, and, whatever you want to think about McCabe, he's more valuable to the team than the back-up goalie.

And I thought the Bowman thing was for a front-office job.

And took away the bumble bee graphic that was originally on the sweater and replaced it with their third jersey, which is now their current jersey.

2000-01 Columbus uniforms:

BlueJackets1.gif

2006-07 Columbus uniforms:

BlueJackets5.gif

They changed the shoulder patch, the colour of the hockey stick, and took the alien bug off of the pants. They're the same basic uniforms, no more changes than most teams have gone through.

Keith Tkachuk seems he does not want to win a Stanley Cup in his career. He went back to the Blues for a first round draft pick