TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion for June 2007

I'm thinking that this whole Vince thing could just be a way to get him off TV. It doesn't have to lead to a match. Next week King and JR could talk about it and put it over. Then that could be that, like any other "death" in wrestling. Vince can stay off TV for as long as he wants. When he finally does come back to TV he can either say it wasn't him, or he can just think that the wrestling fan's memory is so short that he wouldn't have to bring it up.

I'm thinking that this whole Vince thing could just be a way to get him off TV. It doesn't have to lead to a match. Next week King and JR could talk about it and put it over. Then that could be that, like any other "death" in wrestling. Vince can stay off TV for as long as he wants. When he finally does come back to TV he can either say it wasn't him, or he can just think that the wrestling fan's memory is so short that he wouldn't have to bring it up.

I only wish that they would just do that and end it now.

Any way this doesn't end in Cena retaining?

The wildcard is Foley. I'm wondering if there's any further storyline that's going to come out of him being in the match.

He was rumoured to be involved in the main-event in Summerslam a while back. I can udnerstand why people were complaining when he was on RAW last week, because when he doesn't have a match to promote it tends to just rabble on for a bit and do his cheap pop stuff.

But when he's given something he finds interesting, he is still extremly capable of putting on a good match, and is one of the bets guys on the mic. By that I mean most main-eventers draw for their PPV matches with things like TV tag-matches, altercations, beat-downs etcetera. Foley on the other hand is one of very few that can draw purely with a promo (Case in point, ECW Anti-hardcore promos,).

Is this perhaps leading to Foley vs. Cena at SS? I can't imagine anyone caring about that match to be honest (though it might be decent). Given that Cena is Superman and Foley is the old star that jobs to everyone, the conclusion isn't exactly in doubt.

I think we'll get Lashley/Cena at SummerSlam, based on Lashley's "I'm still a champion" comments and the announcers teasing that "John Cena may take exception to those comments". Then they can drop the title to Lashley, continue his God Push, and shift the negative heat from Cena onto Lashley, while repairing Cena's babyface heat even more with a 2nd tier run. If the "WWE doesn't revolve around Cena", fans tend to hate him less. And by 2nd tier, I don't mean mid-card, he can stay near the top, just get screwed out of a rematch. Hell, turn Lashley heel and make him the brickhouse killer. I loved Benoit/Lashley, BTW, because Lashley finally played his character right - juggernaut who can mat wrestle who will eventually knock you down for three.

Likely for the Bash, IMO:

John Cena over King Booker

Bobby Lashley over Randy Orton

Guest aaron24wood

This probably deserves it's own thread, but hey, I'm new, so I'm playing safe...

PWInsider.com is sorry to report the passing of WWE Hall of Famer Sherri Martel Martel, a former WWF and AWA Women's champion, is probably best known in her role of the best female heel managers during her run in the 1990s with the WWF, working with Shawn Michaels, Ted DiBiase, and Randy Savage, among others. Moving to WCW in 1994, she worked on top with Ric Flair and The Harlem Heat tag team.

Martel was inducted into the WWF Hall of Fame in Chicago during Wrestlemania 21 weekend and still made semi-regular appearances at conventions and media events. Jakks Pacific had just released a Classic Superstars action figure in her honor.

Martel was only 49 years old.

On behalf of everyone involved with PWInsider.com, I'd like to share our deepest condolences to the family, friends, and fans of Sherri Martel.

The 5-way at Vengeance; elimination or one-fall? And has there ever been a five-way for the WWE title? (Plenty of 4 and 6 man matches, but 5?)

The other thing to note as of right now is it is still possible someone else may be added. If you look at WWE's website for the Vengeance match listings, it mentions that if someone else is moved over in the Supplemental Draft, they will be added to the match. I really doubt we get someone new, but there is a possibility.

I'd like to see a Cena / Foley fued. That would be fresh and fun I think.

Was Bam Bam Bigelow's death a suicide or accidental overdose?

Lashley looked really solid in that Benoit match so it's a shame we'll not get that rematch on ECW, or at least in theory it shouldn't happen. The aspect of Lashley's ECW tenure that hasn't been mentioned as much as it should is that it stunted his growth as a wrestler and performer. Yes, it got him a big push and a major spot at WM, but it was more condusive to his future success to feud with Finlay, Regal, and Booker on SD.

In all honesty I hope they don't go with Cena vs. Foley for a few reasons. 1. The outcome is obvious with Foley jobbing. 2. Foley has no rub to give Cena at this point. 3. It irks me that Foley can just come back and get Big 4 PPV main event money.

Vengeance is shaping up to be pretty damn good. The WWE Title challenge match, Flair Vs MVP, Wang Vs Guerrero, add in the rumored fatal-four-way for the ECW Title and you have one hell of a card so far. Batista/Edge looks to be the weakest match so far but hopfully they pull out something decent.

heres how I see the rest of the card to look like..

Intercontinental Championship

Santino Marella© Vs Mr. Kennedy

World Tag Team Championship

Cade & Murdock© Vs Cryme Tyme

WWE Tag Team Championship

Texas Tornado Match

Duece & Domino© Vs London & Kendrick

WWE Woman's Championship

Melina© Vs Candice Michelle

World Tag Team Championship

Cade & Murdock© Vs Cryme Tyme

Yeah, like that will ever happen...

I reckon they fucked up with the title change, they could easily have had Cryme Time drafted over to SD, and have them face D&D at Vengeance. Have London and Kendrick come over to RAW, then have a TLC 6-way between Hardys, Londrick and WGTT. Have Hardys retain then have the redneck heel turn and title change the next night.

I reckon they fucked up with the title change, they could easily have had Cryme Time drafted over to SD, and have them face D&D at Vengeance. Have London and Kendrick come over to RAW, then have a TLC 6-way between Hardys, Londrick and WGTT. Have Hardys retain then have the redneck heel turn and title change the next night.

thing is, Matt Hardy would be back competing on Raw as a SmackDown wrestler which I thought was pretty stupid in the first place. And it would now make even less sence now that the draft is just about over.

thing is, Matt Hardy would be back competing on Raw as a SmackDown wrestler which I thought was pretty stupid in the first place. And it would now make even less sence now that the draft is just about over.

Yeah, during the draft, the commentators (JBL in particular, IIRC) talked about how tag teams could be broken up, asking what it would do to their careers if, say, the Hardyz were drafted to different brands.

Anyone know if tomorrow's draft will all be done in once in quick succession, or will it be drawn out?

Edit: Found it.

The Supplemental Draft, a four-hour event beginning at noon ET on Sunday, will take place right here on WWE.com.

Wow. How many more picks are there?