TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion for June 2007

Trips doesn't work Tuesdays...

We'll see.........it seems stupid to me too but at this point I don't put anything past H.

HHH+Batista+Flair = Evolution returns (sans Orton)

It makes sense too, HHH balances back all the talent that went from SD to RAW.

watch the team that challenges Deuce and Domino be the hodge podge team of Eugene and Dave Taylor

watch the team that challenges Deuce and Domino be the hodge podge team of Eugene and Dave Taylor

well it's a challenge and they did have a ongoing feud with a team that just moved over to Raw....

I'm 99% sure they'll find some way to make his last match against H.

If Flair wasn't intending to leave at WM, I'm sure HHH would push for being the last match but I would assume HHH plans to main event WM.

That's true, but HHH is a huge mark for Ric Flair. If he actually thought that the WM match would really be Flair's last major match as an active wrestler, I think HHH would pass up the title match at WM in order to work with Flair in that match. If Flair went to HHH and Vince, and flat out said that he wants to work with HHH in his last match, I think they would go along with it.

The only other guy I'd like to see Flair go out with is Ricky Steamboat.

Either way, I think that we'll see Flair in a lot of high profile matches between now and this WM match.

Wrestling Observer Newsletter via Rajah:

Johnny Knoxville has agreed to appear on SummerSlam as a wrestler. As things stand now, there will only be one match on the card featuring the 'Jackass' crew, not three individuals like some people dreaded. It will likely be a multiple person hardcore match between the 'Jackass' crew and an assortment of WWE wrestlers who aren't doing anything.

Wrestling Observer Newsletter via Rajah:

Johnny Knoxville has agreed to appear on SummerSlam as a wrestler. As things stand now, there will only be one match on the card featuring the 'Jackass' crew, not three individuals like some people dreaded. It will likely be a multiple person hardcore match between the 'Jackass' crew and an assortment of WWE wrestlers who aren't doing anything.

NOT VAL VENIS~!

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Viscera's transfer from Raw to ECW is going to end up being really beneficial for the big man. He is currently in line for a monster push in ECW.

The idea is to make him a version of the 1980's One Man Gang character in World Class and UWF, where he pretty much plows through everyone because of his immense girth. Viscera's going to be repackaged - the comedy overtones and giant pajamas are going to be stripped from his persona. No more Viscagra and no more Rick Rude-like pelvic thrusts. Basically, "The World's Largest Love Machine" gimmick is no more. He's going to go back to being mean and bad, similar to Mark Henry if you will. The idea is to get him over as big and unstoppable in ECW, then bring him back to Raw or SmackDown by the end of the year as a monster heel who can headline. This will be similar to what they perceived they did successfully with Snitsky, who is scheduled to mow down undercarders for the rest of the year and feud with Cena in 2008.

Viscera is getting a renewed pushed because he is big and not a problem backstage. Dave Lagana, the head writer of ECW, didn't want him on the brand unless he was going to be repackaged because he felt his "Love Machine" gimmick would never get over as a headliner. Furthermore, Vince McMahon liked the idea of Viscera being pushed like the One Man Gang in the 80's. Plus, it's easy to convince Vince to push a monster, even it's failed a few times before, as opposed to a smaller person, even if the person has a history of past success.

The idea is to make him a version of the 1980's One Man Gang character in World Class and UWF, where he pretty much plows through everyone because of his immense girth. Viscera's going to be repackaged - the comedy overtones and giant pajamas are going to be stripped from his persona. No more Viscagra and no more Rick Rude-like pelvic thrusts. Basically, "The World's Largest Love Machine" gimmick is no more. He's going to go back to being mean and bad, similar to Mark Henry if you will. The idea is to get him over as big and unstoppable in ECW, then bring him back to Raw or SmackDown by the end of the year as a monster heel who can headline. This will be similar to what they perceived they did successfully with Snitsky, who is scheduled to mow down undercarders for the rest of the year and feud with Cena in 2008.

This part made me chuckle.

I love that Viscera is in line for a repackaging and a big push. However I don't think ECW has enough wrestlers for a "monster squash run". How many times can you see Nunzio, Stevie and Balls destroyed afterall? I assume even the upper card guys will eventually have to put Viscera over - Burke, Cor Von and Punk, and he'll give Benoit a helluva battle on his way out.

I think the Snitzky re-packaging did work in ECW. He was nothing but a foot sucking, receeding hairline midcarder. Now he'll be a flavor of the month Cena opponent. I still think he should have been unmasked as Fake Kane.

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Viscera's transfer from Raw to ECW is going to end up being really beneficial for the big man. He is currently in line for a monster push in ECW.

The idea is to make him a version of the 1980's One Man Gang character in World Class and UWF, where he pretty much plows through everyone because of his immense girth.

Sounds more like he's going back to mid-90's Mable... Which worked out so well back then.

Viscera didn't work as Mabel because:

1. He had just come off a face run as a comedy figure with MOM. (This is akin to a face Bradshaw immediately being repackaged as JBL and being treated like a title contender, which didn't work that well initially either)

2. He was programmed against one of the weaker "big man" champions in Diesel who couldn't conceivably carry Mabel to decent matches.

This time around, I think he could work better as a monster heel. The only concern is if the fans already see him as the Love Machine and isn't ready to receive a change.

This may sound crazy, but in my opinion Viscera is a much better worker these days than he was way back in the mid-90's. Seriously, go check out his work then and compare it to what he can do today. I'm not saying he's a Benoit, but he's most definitely improved over the years.

If The Great Khali can be in the main event, and present a somewhat decent "babyface champ overcomes the monster" match, then I think Viscera could actually work out pretty well in a main event match or two.

The biggest problem against him at this point is that they have booked him so that it looks like just about anyone can beat him right now. They're going to have to do a really good job of building him up over the Summer.

Egad! Are there any current/former "Divas," besides Trish and Molly, that never whored themselves out to one or more male wrestlers?

To be fair, these girls are on the road so much it's difficult to be in a relationship with anyone outside the business and spend time with them. So, you might as well date someone you work with, so at least you can be together on the road. The only one I've heard of full blown whoring themselves out is Michelle McCool.

Also, Molly supposedly dated Daviari for a while.

I think now is a good time to bring up how shitty Raw's booking is about putting Cena over EVERYONE......he's beaten so many people without anyone getting any wins over him that they are going to resort to Snitsky and Viscera.......

I think now is a good time to bring up how shitty Raw's booking is about putting Cena over EVERYONE......he's beaten so many people without anyone getting any wins over him that they are going to resort to Snitsky and Viscera.......

Hey, anything to keep the kids and the girls entertained and buying merchandise.

To be fair, these girls are on the road so much it's difficult to be in a relationship with anyone outside the business and spend time with them. So, you might as well date someone you work with, so at least you can be together on the road. The only one I've heard of full blown whoring themselves out is Michelle McCool.

What's the story here?

What's the story here?

Around the time her marriage ended, Bryan Alvarez reported that she had become a "favourite" of the older men in the company.

What's the story here?

I believe he's talking about a story on her mentioning that she was very popular amongst the veterans backstage. Apparently, if you're a woman and you're popular backstage that means that you're a whore. Melina must not put out then.

Also, I have to say that Snitsky (and soon Viscera) lucked out. Going from foot loving, baby kicker to Cena's Opponent Of The Month is a pretty damn good promotion.

What's the story here?

I believe he's talking about a story on her mentioning that she was very popular amongst the veterans backstage. Apparently, if you're a woman and you're popular backstage that means that you're a whore. Melina must not put out then.

The way it was phrased, Alvarez was certainly not talking about her gaining geniune respect from those she worked with. Otherwise he would have said that. Saying she was a "favourite" of the older men in the company (not just the wrestlers) has other connotations, which I'm sure he was aware of.

Both from Dave.

Eric Bischoff will be one of many people making cameos on Raw on Monday night. I'm told there will be many countless significant players being there for throwaway cameos just like two weeks ago.

I hope he's allowed to shoot a little.

I'm early in the book, but the Chris Jericho autobiography that comes out in the fall is a must-read. I couldn't stop laughing at some of the stories. Very similar to the first Foley book in the descriptions of early life, breaking in, and the strange world of wrestling in remote places before getting the worldwide break.

This report speaks volumes about WWE. They probably wanted Jericho back by the fall so they could edit and make a profit from the book.

Also, who the Hell is Dave to get a copy 4 months early? Is his opinion really that highly regarded?