TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion for June 2007

Why would Edge not be champion going into WM next year? Cause looking at that roster they aren't exactly many good options on it. Would Rey or Matt Hardy be a threat right now? I don't see this whole Kennedy thing though, since he has been moved to Raw and is still apparently a heel. I think Kennedy is likely to end up buried in all of this, especially since UT vs. Edge in a payback feud is easily a bigger draw for WM.

The reason that The Sandman was not included in the WWE Championship Challenge Match, despite being a former multiple-time World Champion, is that, when the match was announced, JR and Ross stated that "Any former world champion who is still remaining on the Raw roster by the end of the night will be eligible". Sandman wasn't on the Raw roster at the end of the night. It sucks. A 5-Way Match? Ugh.

Isn't the PPV in Houston? Just drive there and see it live. I assume tickets are still to be had.

I would, but I've got to be in Austin on that night to do research at the LBJ Library at the University of Texas thru-out the following week, otherwise.. yes, I'd just buy tickets for the event and see it live.

The reason that The Sandman was not included in the WWE Championship Challenge Match, despite being a former multiple-time World Champion, is that, when the match was announced, JR and Ross stated that "Any former world champion who is still remaining on the Raw roster by the end of the night will be eligible". Sandman wasn't on the Raw roster at the end of the night. It sucks. A 5-Way Match? Ugh.

Yeah, that was the discrepancy because the match listing on the Vengeance website said should another champion move over in the Supplemental Draft, they would be added.

Maybe the officially stance is "If you haven't won a World Title in the WWE or on WWE TV, then it doesn't count for purposes of this match"?

I'm pretty sure a recent WO.com update said Vengeance was sold out anyway.

I'll be watching it with friends but this 9 match deal concerns me. You'd think they'd just run until 11 but I still think they'll end at 10:40-45. I just hope Punk/Benoit isn't the match that gets shafted for time. You'd think the short matches would be Melina/Candice, Umaga/Santino, and Yang/Chavo (because live crowds just don't seem to care about these title matches). D&D's match will probably be short too, and I'm fine with that. Hopefully that leaves ample time for MVP vs Flair to be a sleeper hit, Punk and Benoit to have a great one, and the 5-way to be a fun enough mess to challenge the Backlash 4-way for WWE MOTY. Wishful thinking, eh?

I'm pretty sure a recent WO.com update said Vengeance was sold out anyway.

I'll be watching it with friends but this 9 match deal concerns me. You'd think they'd just run until 11 but I still think they'll end at 10:40-45. I just hope Punk/Benoit isn't the match that gets shafted for time. You'd think the short matches would be Melina/Candice, Umaga/Santino, and Yang/Chavo (because live crowds just don't seem to care about these title matches). D&D's match will probably be short too, and I'm fine with that. Hopefully that leaves ample time for MVP vs Flair to be a sleeper hit, Punk and Benoit to have a great one, and the 5-way to be a fun enough mess to challenge the Backlash 4-way for WWE MOTY. Wishful thinking, eh?

i would think the 3 world title matches would get 15-20 minutes, here's how long i think each match will go give or take a few minutes with video packages and what not:

WWE Title: 20 minutes

World Heavyweight: 14 minutes

ECW Title: 15 minutes

Women's Title: 4 minutes

World Tag Team Titles: 10 minutes

WWE Tag Team Title: 8 minutes

IC Title: 7 minutes

US Title: 12 minutes

Cruiserweight Title: 6 minutes

Guest Johnny B Radd

Apparently Deuce and Domino wont be defending their titles at Vengeance

Credit PWI

WWE sent out an e-mail to it's mailing list subscribers that contained this paragraph:

"THIS Sunday for the first time ever, only Champions compete to determine who is the best of the best. Can John Cena survive the challenge of four men and hold on to his gold? Will Randy Orton reach his destiny and win his first WWE Championship? Will Mick Foley's first match in nearly a year net him some gold? Will one of the two newcomers claim the keys to the Raw city right away? One Night - Eight Championships. Don't miss this historic event when all the gold is put on the line. THIS Sunday at VENGEANCE!"

But didn't he

die

in the movie? A SD! appearance should take something of

Vince

proportions for him.

lol..as if a spoiler tag for a word as short as your first blacked out word doesn't give it away just as much as spoiling it would

EDIT: If what I just said doesn't make sense, what I meant was..I knew what word he blacked out without highlighting it first, and I didn't even see the movie.

Apparently Deuce and Domino wont be defending their titles at Vengeance

Credit PWI

WWE sent out an e-mail to it's mailing list subscribers that contained this paragraph:

"THIS Sunday for the first time ever, only Champions compete to determine who is the best of the best. Can John Cena survive the challenge of four men and hold on to his gold? Will Randy Orton reach his destiny and win his first WWE Championship? Will Mick Foley's first match in nearly a year net him some gold? Will one of the two newcomers claim the keys to the Raw city right away? One Night - Eight Championships. Don't miss this historic event when all the gold is put on the line. THIS Sunday at VENGEANCE!"

So when WWE says all titles on the line do you think they forgot about SD's tag titles or they just hope we will?

Direct TV has run a Summerslam ad on their programming........there is no mention of the Jackass crew but it promotes the return of Rey Mysterio and then it goes on to say "Triple H faces the unstoppable world champion Edge"

All I have to say is FUCK Triple H.

Trips doesn't work Tuesdays...

We'll see.........it seems stupid to me too but at this point I don't put anything past H.