TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
St. Gabe

Feta Cheese Pizza?

Unbelievable. Salty, a little bitter, and all around delicious. This is the way to eat pizza.

Guest Vitamin X

What, you've never had this before?

Check this out, try it with spinach, black olives, mushrooms, and feta, and add garlic and bell peppers if available. Oh, and tomatoes.

Pizza is one of my favorite foods (the other being sushi) because it's so amazingly versatile.

Do you mean like, JUST feta cheese?

I've had pizzas that had feta as a topping (like, mozza cheese, then chunks of feta) and I really can't imagine a whole pizza with just that cheese. I dunno, something about it struck me as the kind of thing that's good in small doses, but once you get beyond that...blech.

Guest Vitamin X

You know, I had that same impression about bleu cheese, but yesterday I went to my favorite hot dog place (anyone living in, near, or visiting Portland click on that link and check the place out, it's great), and I had their extremely spicy sausage (the Mt. St. Helens Volcano), and tried it "buffalo style" which had bleu cheese dressing and crumbled bits of cheese itself as well.

It actually turned out really good, and mellowed out the spiciness of the spicy sausage. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who wanted to try it.

And feta is great on such a great variety of things, it's ridiculous. Salads, omelettes, pastas, pizza, etc...

Do you mean like, JUST feta cheese?

I've had pizzas that had feta as a topping (like, mozza cheese, then chunks of feta) and I really can't imagine a whole pizza with just that cheese. I dunno, something about it struck me as the kind of thing that's good in small doses, but once you get beyond that...blech.

I'd also like to know this, as everything said from "I've had pizzas" onward is absolute truth.

Feta as a topping...not just feta Its bubbly and delicious...ahhh, now im hungry

Feta as a topping...not just feta Its bubbly and delicious...ahhh, now im hungry

Then yes, thay does sound fucking stellar.

And while it's hardly revolutionary, I've been using parmesean cheese on an awful lot of foods lately.