TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ROH: 6/8 (Boston) and 6/9 (Philly)

Just curious, what do you guys dislike about where it's going?

Dames

I was hoping for a classically happy ending, where Lacey finally falls for Jimmy and they become an item. Now, it looks like they're going with the idea that now Jimmy has slept with Lacey, he's realized he doesn't want her anymore.

I don't think the Jimmy Loves Lacey storyline is anywhere close to being over. It's moved to the next stage, but it's far from over I'd say. That said, I don't like how they've gone with it, either.

Yeah, that doesn't read very well (EDIT: what I typed, that is). I meant the ending of the 4-part.

The ending's really painted them in a corner. The idea that, as HTQ said, Jimmy's spent a good year or so chasing after Lacey and now doesn't want her now that they've slept together, while I guess it's 'realistic', really seemed like a downer. Watching Part 4, I was sitting there waiting for the punchline before it turned out they really did sleep together. And at the end, it was just a 'wtf' kinda reaction. It just seemed... unfulfilling, I guess.

I'm unsure on Lacey being the sympathetic character all of a sudden. If it turns out that Jimmy was disappointed because he didn't want the relationship to just be about sex, or if he realises Lacey only slept with him to keep him under the thumb, that might work. But if they're going to try and turn them into Ross and Rachel or JD and Elliot, "I want her, I don't want her, oh wait yes I do", I don't know as that's how it should happen.

Maybe plans changed and they tried to find a way to extend the storyline now Jimmy's injured.

Edited by King Cucaracha

I can see how people can interpret that, but it was never outright stated he didn't want her anymore.

If anything, at the Boston show, after Lacey attacked Daizee Haze to save Jimmy (she was beating on him and he's injured), he said that things have changed and he and Lacey are "about love now". She was taking care of him, helped him to the back and so on. It looks like they did become an item...whether or not Jimmy still wants her was never addressed.

Dames

The Danielson/McGuinness match will not be on the DVD of 6/9, which isn't going down too well over in ROH-land.

So, we won't be seeing this match until September/October? That sucks.