TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in Baseball 6/11 - 6/17

The Astros finally gained a game on the Chicago Cubs last nite, beating the Seattle Mariners for their second win in a row. The Cubs last to the San Diego Padres 1-0.

And Morgan Ensberg won me $40 last nite by hitting a homerun when the people I was at the game with doubted The Mo. Today Roy O goes against 'Gerard Washbin' (credit: Milo Hamilton). Roy hasn't gotten a win in the last month, but he's pitched well enough to have at least 9 or 10 wins.

Adam Dunn over the last 4 games: .625, 4 HR, 8 RBI, 5 R, and is also in a 7 game hit streak.

Bad news is the Reds are still sucking it.

Adam Dunn over the last 4 games: .625, 4 HR, 8 RBI, 5 R, and is also in a 7 game hit streak.

Bad news is the Reds are still sucking it.

I bet it's tough being a Reds fan. Then again, it's tougher being an Orioles fan.

The Reds just can't put it all together, and it's mainly because of the atrocious pitching. Even when we have a decent outlook with pitching coming into the year, it all goes to hell. It seems like when there is good pitching for a single game, the offense shuts down. It's hard, but I'll always be a fan.

Thanks for the highly demanded Brewer Report.

It's fun to read the White Sox assclown fans chiming in on yesterday's fight. Lee is a pussy for throwing a punch at a guy who aimed a fastball at his head, but last year, that one reliever was a pussy for declining to throw a fastball at someone. How does that work, exactly? Should you, or should you not engage in this crap? I guess it depends on which side of town you're from. These are the same idiots who think "dose propellerheads are rooning baseball," and think Kyle Orton should be starting for the Bears. Such knuckledraggers.

Come on let's be fair, there's North Siders who thinks the same about Orton.

Nobody here cares about the Pirates, but I just wanted to pass along that Ian Snell is going to miss his next start on Tuesday because he burnt his finger while grilling chicken.

Also, the Astros swept the Mariners. The 'Stros scored a combined 24 runs on 41 hits over the three-game set. If they keep on doing like they're doing, they've got a shot...unless Prince Fielder starts hitting inside-the-park homeruns everyday now...

Whats the rule about a Balk? I mean I know the runner advances when a balk happens, but how do you determine whats a balk?

If there is a runner, or runners, it is a balk when --

(a) The pitcher, while touching his plate, makes any motion naturally associated with his pitch and fails to make such delivery;

(b) The pitcher, while touching his plate, feints a throw to first base and fails to complete the throw;

© The pitcher, while touching his plate, fails to step directly toward a base before throwing to that base;

(d) The pitcher, while touching his plate, throws, or feints a throw to an unoccupied base, except for the purpose of making a play;

(e) The pitcher makes an illegal pitch;

(f) The pitcher delivers the ball to the batter while he is not facing the batter;

(g) The pitcher makes any motion naturally associated with his pitch while he is not touching the pitcher’s plate;

(h) The pitcher unnecessarily delays the game;

i) The pitcher, without having the ball, stands on or astride the pitcher’s plate or while off the plate, he feints a pitch;

(j) The pitcher, after coming to a legal pitching position, removes one hand from the ball other than in an actual pitch, or in throwing to a base;

(k) The pitcher, while touching his plate, accidentally or intentionally drops the ball;

(l) The pitcher, while giving an intentional base on balls, pitches when the catcher is not in the catcher’s box;

(m)The pitcher delivers the pitch from Set Position without coming to a stop.

Edited by KingPK

Thanks for the highly demanded Brewer Report.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

No kidding. I didn't know we could only post results for the three or four ESPN-approved teams in MLB.

Prince Fielder getting an inside the park home run is laughable.

I've got to give Prince credit for hustling around the bases. Even though he ran around the bases like a goof, he moved pretty well for someone 260 pounds.

Everyone tries to make Prince out to be a beer league softball player type of oaf, but if you've seen pictures of him sleeveless, he's ripped. That doesn't necessarily translate into the speed, but the guy is an athlete.

Yahoo Sports.

Bombers ponder deal for Hillenbrand Monday, Jun 18, 2007 2:53 pm EDT

The New York Yankees have talked to the Los Angeles Angels about Shea Hillenbrand, a right-handed hitting first baseman they were interested in this past offseason when he was a free agent.

Hillenbrand has seen his role reduced as Casey Kotchman emerged as a legitimate corner-infield power threat.

The Yankees will eventually get Doug Mientkiewicz back from wrist surgery.

Source: New York Post

And this accomplishes what, exactly?

That the Yankees get another unlikeable asshole on the roster? He was having a decent year in Toronto last year before that blowup that got his ass thrown off the roster.

Edited by KingPK