TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JustJoe2k5

Supplemental Draft

I hope they don't do a pick every half hour. This thing is going to drag if they do.

They've already stated it will last four hours, the only question is how many picks they make in that span.

I'd like to see a trade or two today for the novelty of it...but since only 1 brand has an official GM (And I guess Coach is running RAW now that Vince is gone) I guess that option is out the window.

I wish they would try to explain the rules of this. I know, I know...but if it is random, surely it couldn't be a tag team instead of individuals. But if it is "draft whoever that brand wants," why wouldn't they draft the main eventers?

I'm beginning to think this is rigged.

As quickly as Raw gains an exciting tag team from SmackDown, Theodore Long’s brand strikes back by selecting one of Raw’s brightest young stars.

At only 21 years of age, Dykstra is already a former World Tag Team Champion, and has been quite impressive since branching out on his own months ago. While he has been teaming with Johnny Nitro in recent weeks, Dykstra heads to SmackDown solo, where he will look to make his mark just as quickly as he did on Raw.

Dykstra also becomes the fifth Superstar to switch from Monday to Friday nights, following the selections of The Great Khali, Chris Masters, Torrie Wilson and former rival Ric Flair.

---

When they say "Brand Selects...", does this mean "randomly selects" or is the Supplemental Draft not a lottery?

When they say "Brand Selects...", does this mean "randomly selects" or is the Supplemental Draft not a lottery?

I honestly wish I had an answer. I guess this is a lottery again, but if it is, how did Raw essentially get 2 superstars with one pick??

It's best not to put too much thought into it.

Off topic, Canadian Brandon needs a name change. Yeah I love Canada and all but the "Canadian X" gimmick is well past played. "Brandon" is also too close to "Dragon" and I get confused easily.

Tag Teams are considered one entity. Teams can't be split up - I guess Nitro and Dykstra were not considered an established team. First thing I hope SD! does is change Kenny's ring name.

If thats the case, then why were they hyping the fact that tag teams can be broken apart via the draft?

I assume ECW will get a Raw wrestler as well. And then SD! will take an ECW wrestler. If each brand is going to gain and lose four wrestlers, I hope they leave Punk, Cor Von and Burke on ECW (assuming Benoit is exempt from moving). Maybe lose Kelly Kelly, Thorn, Holly and Striker or something...

Off topic, Canadian Brandon needs a name change. Yeah I love Canada and all but the "Canadian X" gimmick is well past played. "Brandon" is also too close to "Dragon" and I get confused easily.

I'll gladly change mine, I've hated it since I initially registered with it...

The more I look at the rosters, the more it becomes obvious that without a second hour, ECW is simply the bastard child brand of the WWE.

Tag Teams are considered one entity. Teams can't be split up - I guess Nitro and Dykstra were not considered an established team. First thing I hope SD! does is change Kenny's ring name.

If thats the case, then why were they hyping the fact that tag teams can be broken apart via the draft?

Well, they could have been on Monday. I didn't see SD! to know if they were hyping the Suplaft as a team breaker. And if they were... it was because they were mistaken.

Whenever something like this happens, a wizard did it. Or, the McMahon incident has put things into chaos and no one knew what the rules were going to be.

I just think the wrestlers didn't know and assumed they could be broken up. Of course they probably changed their mind, but it's a decent enough cover.

The more I look at the rosters, the more it becomes obvious that without a second hour, ECW is simply the bastard child brand of the WWE.

That and no secondary titles really hurts the brand. I'd rather watch OVW programming in ECW's spot actually...

That and no secondary titles really hurts the brand. I'd rather watch OVW programming in ECW's spot actually...

As would I. Just sprinkle in a few recognizable names to get the casual fan to watch it.