TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JustJoe2k5

Supplemental Draft

With Sandman heading to the A-Show I wonder if Vince would splurge for Enter Sandman now...

Yeah, a pipe dream, especially now. I expect Sandman to be fired sooner than later. He'll play JTTS until that time comes...

Al must be writing the fuck out of that analysis.

;)

Takes me some time to catch up.

And now your TSM EXCLUSIVE draft analysis!

1. Raw drafts Brian Kendrick and Paul London

This draft harkens back to the memorable NFL draft of 1976 when the Minnesota Vikings drafted the entire offensive line of the University of Oklahoma with their first pick. It was a brilliant move then and a brilliant move now.

2. Smackdown drafts Kenny Dykstra

Good move drafted a pick here with a lot of upside. Kenny's name has a 2:0 K/BB ratio, a great sign for an up and coming young prospect. However, Dykstra leaves trails of tobacco juice in the outfield and some of his ideas come well out of left field. Injuries are a concern.

3. ECW drafts Viscera

Poor pick here from the ECW brand. Just like Big Val E. Puccio and Sal E. Graziano, Viscera will show ECW why big fat f*cks in wrestling don't age well, if at all.

4. Raw drafts The Sandman

The Sandman's 4-9 record looks unimpressive but his caliber of competition has been strong and he did win at Wrestlemania. If the Sandman can kick his smoking and drinking habits, he might finally realize the potential we all saw back in Joel Goodhart's Tri-State promotion years ago.

I wonder why WWE doesn't try and get OVW a national television deal. If they think we would be interested in Vince McMahon's version of ECW, I would have to believe they would think we would be interested in the potential future of WWE. That way, when the draft occurs it can be an actual entry draft for OVW wrestlers.

As cool as it would be to see OVW broadcasted to a larger audience, it does its job with the current deal they have. OVW is supposed to be a developmental territory where guys can refine their craft, and big cameras and a national TV deal would only add farther distrations where there really doesn't need to be. Let the guys worry about being on national TV when they "make it" to the main roster, not before.

Sandman should go corporate for Coach. Sandman looks at this like switching jobs to a higher position, so he makes himself look more professional, changes his attitude, etc. It would be like one of your partying friends getting a management postion and all of a sudden acting like a total ass. He would drop the cane, the beer, and everything but his 1,000 yard stare that he has when he is looking intense. Have him go by "Mr. Sandman," and perhaps splurge for the song. I'd dig it.

Al must be writing the fuck out of that analysis.

;)

Takes me some time to catch up.

And now your TSM EXCLUSIVE draft analysis!

1. Raw drafts Brian Kendrick and Paul London

This draft harkens back to the memorable NFL draft of 1976 when the Minnesota Vikings drafted the entire offensive line of the University of Oklahoma with their first pick. It was a brilliant move then and a brilliant move now.

2. Smackdown drafts Kenny Dykstra

Good move drafted a pick here with a lot of upside. Kenny's name has a 2:0 K/BB ratio, a great sign for an up and coming young prospect. However, Dykstra leaves trails of tobacco juice in the outfield and some of his ideas come well out of left field. Injuries are a concern.

3. ECW drafts Viscera

Poor pick here from the ECW brand. Just like Big Val E. Puccio and Sal E. Graziano, Viscera will show ECW why big fat f*cks in wrestling don't age well, if at all.

4. Raw drafts The Sandman

The Sandman's 4-9 record looks unimpressive but his caliber of competition has been strong and he did win at Wrestlemania. If the Sandman can kick his smoking and drinking habits, he might finally realize the potential we all saw back in Joel Goodhart's Tri-State promotion years ago.

THAT is the exact level of awesomeness that I expected!

Sandman should go corporate for Coach. Sandman looks at this like switching jobs to a higher position, so he makes himself look more professional, changes his attitude, etc. It would be like one of your partying friends getting a management postion and all of a sudden acting like a total ass. He would drop the cane, the beer, and everything but his 1,000 yard stare that he has when he is looking intense. Have him go by "Mr. Sandman," and perhaps splurge for the song. I'd dig it.

Keep the beer, but give him a glass.

I actually don't mind the first four picks - Kendrick and London were out of tag teams to face on SD! and now have WGTT, Cryme Tyme, Cade and Murdoch and The Highlanders to have fresh matches with.

Kenny Dykstra had something going with Nitro, but I think the kid has "it" and under SD! booking, could be a US Title player in no time.

As I mentioned previously I like Vis and hope he can become more than Raw used him as. He's better than Snitsky at least, though it's up to the bookers how this works out.

Sandman getting a chance on the big show is good for him as well. He's busted his ass to get in shape, however he's a poor wrestler and even worse interview. His gimmick could get over though, if he's not seen as a Steve Austin rip-off that is...

And instead of smashing the glass on his head....

HE RECYCLES!

Another thing I would have done with this draft: a brand trades a certain number of it's picks for the one wrestler they actually want. For example, let's say that ECW really wanted Rey Mysterio. Before 12:00, or ECW's first pick, they announce that ECW has traded their number of picks to Smackdown for Rey Mysterio. This way, they are taking the uncertainty out of who they might get for the one guy they covet.

With Sandman heading to the A-Show I wonder if Vince would splurge for Enter Sandman now...Yeah, a pipe dream, especially now. I expect Sandman to be fired sooner than later. He'll play JTTS until that time comes...

Vince is dead...........................

Since when was James White (DT) the entire offensive line of Oklahoma State? He must have had a hell of an upside that I was unaware of.

You know when I wrote that, I had no idea the Vikings actually selected an Oklahoma product.

How about a rocks glass of Glenlivet or Johnny Walker?

With Sandman heading to the A-Show I wonder if Vince would splurge for Enter Sandman now...Yeah, a pipe dream, especially now. I expect Sandman to be fired sooner than later. He'll play JTTS until that time comes...

The new Vince will be played by indy wrestler Billy Shears.

Since when was James White (DT) the entire offensive line of Oklahoma State? He must have had a hell of an upside that I was unaware of.

You know when I wrote that, I had no idea the Vikings actually selected an Oklahoma product.

It was just the autism acting up again, tis all. Sabermetric Rain Man Keiper.

Umm, no he's not. "Mr. McMahon" the character is, and

he will re-appear in the future.

Also,

the sun is hot...film at 11.

You some how get the picks a minute or so before my page is updated.

Anyways Holly to SD! Is A-OK in my opinion. ECW roster is too small for Holly to be effective. I think SD! will utilize Holly really well as an upper mid-carder type. I bet they lose Regal to Raw though.

Come on Noble to ECW!! Make it happen!!!

I think Holly vs MVP could be a pretty good feud right off the bat.

His entrance music is "Enter Sandman" by Richard Cheese.

5. Smackdown selects Ryan Leaf

Awful. Awful pick. What the hell are they thinking?

I like Leaf here, Al. Smackdown has been looking to feel the void of Nathan Jones for years now, and they are finally going to get the guy that is supposed to have huge potential only to flake out and go home.

Solid pick.

His entrance music is "Enter Sandman" by Richard Cheese.

And?

If they did do this the song I would like to see them splurge on is "Mr. Sandman" by Pat Ballard, you know that old school one that goes "Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream, make him the cutest that I've ever seen" and so on. Actually I would pay hard earned money to see The Sandman come out to that song.

Umm, no he's not. "Mr. McMahon" the character is, and

he will re-appear in the future.

Also,

the sun is hot...film at 11.

UMMMMM NO SHIT -- IT WAS YA KNOW--A JOKE!