TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Is your dislike for a artist due to them or their fans?

Given the hatred and bile some people have towards artists, I wonder if it can be the fans of an artist that drives you to hate them rather than the artist themselves? RATM for example I tolerate and like a few of their songs but seeing fans of them around me wearing their Che Guevara t-shirts just raises the bile.

Oh, and fans of the current "punk" scene. There could be a possiblity that there is a decent band in there but the fans wandering around being "punk" and wearing a Misfits shirt while not being able to name 2 songs from "Walk Among Us" for example is intolerable.

I hate most industrial music fans, or at least these days. Granted, a lot of what passes as industrial these days is shit, but the obnoxius goth fag fans don't help matters any.

I always hated RATM, though not because of their fans.

RATM fans are the only people that wear Che shirts?

They have been the largest group of people in one place that I have seen.

I usually dislike an artist if they have no talent. There is one group of fans that I don't like however. I don't like Metalheads. Yes, I listen to heavy metal, but I also enjoy Euro-pop, electronic, 80's New Wave and other genres. A straight forward metal will not give anything else a chance. You mention something else to them and they bash it. Open your minds to something different!

I would mention Black Metal band fans, but I don't want to get into an argument with Tack.

Guest Vitamin X

I love System of a Down, but I hate being associated with their fans because they tend to like other music which doesn't fall into being any sort of good. SoaD is fairly decent on their own, despite what the elitists on here will tell you.

I hate most industrial music fans, or at least these days.

A friend dragged me along to see Throbbing Gristle do a recording session of Nico covers recently, it was terrible. More electronic than instrumental and the vocalist was a transexual with the last name of Porridge.

Wow, no ICP bashing as of yet. Shocking.

That being said I must bash the Juggalos, or Slipknot fans, or any other group who has fans that need to dress up in some sort of costume. Yeah, I like much of that music but I just can't bring myself to be one of them.

I should also add that I HATE standing outside an arena waiting to go into a WWE show. Those people make me feel bad about being a wrestling fan. They always want to talk to me and who I am with about some angle or whatever. Ugh. At least it wasn't so bad waiting outside for an ROH show. So I guess I have that.

I hate most industrial music fans, or at least these days.

A friend dragged me along to see Throbbing Gristle do a recording session of Nico covers recently, it was terrible. More electronic than instrumental and the vocalist was a transexual with the last name of Porridge.

Genesis P. Orridge. He/She is a really creepy motherfucker. Their old albums are great, though an acquired taste. They really shouldn't have reunited, since they don't have any of the spark they once had.

Also, when they were around back in the day, they were considered something of a threatening band. One paper even called them "Wreckers of Civilization." As far as old industrial goes, they were good, but not as great as Cabaret Voltaire.

Guest shoryuken007

U2. I like the band okay, they're not my favorite but most of their stuff is listenable, to me. But, and maybe it's just me, I dunno, but I've run into a lot of very "rabid" U2 fans. I wouldn't say they're rude or condescending, but definitely elitist. Anyone else run into that? Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm curious if I've just been unlucky. I always just assumed most of their fans were that way.

Oh, and fans of the current "punk" scene. There could be a possiblity that there is a decent band in there but the fans wandering around being "punk" and wearing a Misfits shirt while not being able to name 2 songs from "Walk Among Us" for example is intolerable.

Big-time for me here. There was actually a kid a class below mine in high school that had the generic Misfits shirt (black, white Crimson Ghost on the front, "MISFITS" on back), and when I asked him if he preferred Graves or Danzig (I never got how most Fiends could say that the Graves-era was entirely bad, considering how awesome tunes like "The Crimson Ghost" and "Dig Up Her Bones" are), he just looked at me blankly (well, he had a minor form of Tourette's [sic] Syndrome that caused his eyes to blink several times every few seconds, so it's more like he looked at me blinkly) and asked what I mean. He bought the shirt because he wanted to look cool in front of the metalheads and the punks in our high school.

Back on topic...

"Metalheads" that like nothing but Lamb of God, Devildriver, and other nu-metal acts that learned how to play guitar leads.

Also, hardcore kids suck balls, for the most part. Especially die-hard Hatebreed fans. I like a few Hatebreed tunes, which surprises most people given how often I bash them in most instances (not to the degree that I bash Tool, but not too far off either), but I don't understand at all how somebody can base their lifestyle off of a style of music that has been bastardized like hardcore has. Fuck, what passes off as hardcore these days isn't even fucking PUNK, which is what hardcore is meant to be, but rather a watered-down version of metal. At least fucking call it crossover, which is what it is, if you're going to love it so much.

Big-time for me here. There was actually a kid a class below mine in high school that had the generic Misfits shirt (black, white Crimson Ghost on the front, "MISFITS" on back), and when I asked him if he preferred Graves or Danzig (I never got how most Fiends could say that the Graves-era was entirely bad, considering how awesome tunes like "The Crimson Ghost" and "Dig Up Her Bones" are), he just looked at me blankly (well, he had a minor form of Tourette's [sic] Syndrome that caused his eyes to blink several times every few seconds, so it's more like he looked at me blinkly) and asked what I mean. He bought the shirt because he wanted to look cool in front of the metalheads and the punks in our high school.

Back on topic...

"Metalheads" that like nothing but Lamb of God, Devildriver, and other nu-metal acts that learned how to play guitar leads.

Also, hardcore kids suck balls, for the most part. Especially die-hard Hatebreed fans. I like a few Hatebreed tunes, which surprises most people given how often I bash them in most instances (not to the degree that I bash Tool, but not too far off either), but I don't understand at all how somebody can base their lifestyle off of a style of music that has been bastardized like hardcore has. Fuck, what passes off as hardcore these days isn't even fucking PUNK, which is what hardcore is meant to be, but rather a watered-down version of metal. At least fucking call it crossover, which is what it is, if you're going to love it so much.

Kids these days. They have no respect. They have no idea what REAL music is.

I can't stand all the little scenester girls pushing Damien Rice. Never listened to his music personally, but just how much I've heard of the guy makes me want to hate him.

I honestly don't know anybody who likes Damien Rice.

I know it's a little past it's hot prime, but I hated Blink 182 and other such new punk bands. A girl did a report on "punk" talking only about Blink, Good Charlotte, and whatever other band was the shit at the time, and stated to the effect that Green Day started punk. The teacher asked for comments at the end and I lit her up asking how she could get the start of punk wrong by 20 years and not mention, The Ramones, Sex Pistols, or Black Flag.

I have a few friends who listen to shit like Bubba Sparxx for the irony of them because they're white and shit. One of the girls is just this fat annoying coke head who thinks that swinging her arms and shit to Miss New Booty is all funny when it's actually really annoying. Pretty much anything that's "ironic" bugs the shit out of me.

I know it's a little past it's hot prime, but I hated Blink 182 and other such new punk bands. A girl did a report on "punk" talking only about Blink, Good Charlotte, and whatever other band was the shit at the time, and stated to the effect that Green Day started punk. The teacher asked for comments at the end and I lit her up asking how she could get the start of punk wrong by 20 years and not mention, The Ramones, Sex Pistols, or Black Flag.

what was her response? I used to love asking questions of that sort in school.

I usually prefer not to get all preachy with people who don't know what punk is. I mean, it's not hurting anybody, what do you care if they're wrong? Like this one girl I know who will bash bands like Good Charlotte and Simple plan and talk about how nobody knows true punk like Green Day and Offspring. I think it's adorable. Punk, as a whole, as a musical style, lifestyle, and as a concept, is stupid and gay. Let it be.

Genesis P-Orridge is a genius. I don't see how being a transexual adversely affects one's musical output. Ever listen to Wayne/Jayne County? Good stuff.

Throbbing Gristle were the only true industrial band.

Genesis P-Orridge is a genius. I don't see how being a transexual adversely affects one's musical output. Ever listen to Wayne/Jayne County? Good stuff.

Throbbing Gristle were the only true industrial band.

Listen to Milky, he knows his stuff.

I'm a closet Hip Hop fan but I can't stand Rap fans. Especially White hip hop fans that try to be black. That and Pretty Ricky. Someone needs to slap those guys for looking so gay.