TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
USC Wuz Robbed!

SD Spoilers 6/22/07

Credit: Billy Krotchsen and PWInsider.com

Dark Match:

*The Major Brothers defeated WWE Tag Team champions Deuce & Domino in a non-title bout.

Smackdown:

*A Cutting Edge segment opens Smackdown. WWE World champion Edge brings out Torrie Wilson, then promptly accuses her of blowing up Mr. McMahon. MVP comes out and acts as if he's going to defend Wilson, then demands that she take a lie detector test. Ric Flair hits the ring and they beat him down. Batista makes the save.

*Backstage, Teddy Long and Vicky Guerrero discuss what just went on, but the audio was hard to understand live.

*WWE Cruiserweight champion Chavo Guerrero & Jamie Noble defeated Jimmy Wang Yang & Shannon Moore.

*Mark Henry defeated Funaki.

*The main event for Smackdown is Batista & Flair vs. Edge & MVP.

*Backstage, Vicky Guerrero tells Teddy Long she's finished booking all the travel arrangements for Mr. McMahon's memorial service on Monday. Long tells her he has something special for tonight. Kristal Marshall enters and Long tells Kristal he has something special to ask her tonight inside the ring.

*Matt Hardy defeated Finlay in what was described as a good, long match.

*Teddy Long asks Kristal Marshall to marry him. She starts crying and leaves, leaving Long in the ring alone on his knee.

*Chris Masters defeated Danny Shinley (last name may be incorrect).

*Backstage, the federal investigator reveals they have found DNA for Mr. McMahon and the limo driver in the limo and the investigation is continuing.

*Ric Flair & Batista defeated WWE World champion Edge & MVP when Batista pinned Edge with a Batista Bomb.

*Backstage, the federal investigator reveals they have found DNA for Mr. McMahon and the limo driver in the limo and the investigation is continuing.

So, Vince was fucking Bizarro Limo-Drivin' Bischoff?

I wonder if the reporter got mixed up and though the DD-Majors match was a dark match because it would seem that would set up the SD tag title defense on sunday...

Jamie Noble on TV for the 2nd week in a row!

He stole Kash's entrance theme,which in turn is a ripoff of Kid Rock's theme :unsure:

He went from Hank Williams Jr. to a knock off of the wannabe Hank.

and Shannon Moore dropped that fucking stupid "Prince of Punk" bullshit gimmick.

Is Moore bringing sexy back to Smackdown?

I have to admit the whole Torrie part of this was bizarre and made zero sense. But then I still have a feeling of cognitive dissonance when she's hanging around Flair, considering she was the evil whore that tempted foolish David Flair to turn on his dad and join the NWO.

At least this looks a bit less Vince oriented. I'd rather hear about Teddy Long's love life than the Vince crap.

How do they get around the Do or Die aspect of the Edge/Batista match?

It's now a Last Chance match,because we all need to be sensitive to the McMahon family in their time of grief

I wonder if the reporter got mixed up and though the DD-Majors match was a dark match because it would seem that would set up the SD tag title defense on sunday...

Having been there myself, it had all the signs of being a dark match. But it very well could end up on TV by Friday.

A little more detailed report:

Dark match: Brett & Brian Majors defeated WWE Smackdown! Tag Team Champions Deuce & Domino (w/ Cherry) in a non-title match at 4:44 when Deuce was pinned with a roll up after the other Major brother pulled Domino off the ring apron as he attempted to interfere. Fine match but all the heat came from the champions. At one point, Domino turned to the crowd and yelled "Deuce and Domino!" and was booed out of the building. After the match, the champions held their belts in the air to the same reaction.

Smackdown!

The show opens with The Cutting Edge. The topic of discussion - who killed Vince McMahon? Edge mentions it's often the person you least suspect, with him then calling for Torrie Wilson to come out. Edge mentions the past between Vince and Torrie and the recent altercation on Raw a few weeks back with her, Flair, and Vince. As Torrie stands there not sure what to say, MVP appears, wearing a suit, and begins to sympathize with Torrie before calling her a liar. This leads to Ric Flair appearing, who received the pop of the night. Flair gets in the ring and comes face-to-face with MVP before decking him but is eventually double teamed by MVP and Edge, leading to Batista running out to make the save. And you have the buildup for the night's main event tag team match - Flair & Batista vs. MVP & Edge

Teddy Long is shown backstage speaking with Vickie Guerrero. The audio went out but it appeared as though he was praising her idea for the night's main event tag team match.

WWE Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero Jr. & Jamie Noble defeated Jimmy Wang Yang & Shannon Moore at 6:13 when Chavo pinned Moore with a Gory Bomb. Good match. Moore got the hot tag and cleaned house, with Yang eventually hitting a somersault splash to the floor on Noble immediately before the finish. After the match, Yang motioned to Chavo he was coming for the belt.

Mark Henry defeated Sho Funaki via TKO with the bearhug at 2:14

We got a recap of the Vince McMahon car explosion. The first of many recaps throughout the night. This was followed by the WWE 24/7 Van Halen "Right Now" music video, done just for the live crowd.

Long was again speaking with Vickie backstage in which he mentioned Vince's "death" and said life's too short and he would make an announcement later in the show regarding that. Kristal then appeared and Long said he wanted her to come out to the ring with him. If you're jumping to conclusions right now ... yeah, it's that.

Matt Hardy pinned Finlay at 17:08 with the Twist of Fate, moments after being hit in the leg with the shillelagh. Really solid match. Finlay worked Hardy's leg the entire time and ripped off his knee brace. It appeared at many times throughout the match that Matt was too hurt to continue but he hit a surprise Twist of Fate as the referee tried to get Hornswaggle out of the ring. I think the story told here really built Matt up as a singles player.

Long and Kristal come out to the ring and Long talks about how life is precious and too short and he doesn't want to continue his without Kristal. He gets down on his knee and pops the question but Kristal bursts out crying and after several awkward moments runs backstage. Long, confused, soon follows.

Chris Masters defeated Danny Shanley via submission with the Masterlock at 3:44

The Sensational Sherri still image was again shown. Apparently she couldn't get a memorial video package shown on Smackdown either.

Long is backstage knocking on Kristal's door. She eventually answers and is still crying. After several moments of Long apologizing for asking in front of the audience, Kristal agrees to marry Long and they hug. I call shenanigans.

The federal investigator updates us on the exploding limo. He won't go into specifics but says the DNA of three people was found inside the car - Vince, his driver, and "one other well known personality." Well that narrows it down...

Batista & Ric Flair defeated World Heavyweight Champion Edge & WWE US Champion MVP at 13:49 when Batista pinned Edge with the sit-down powerbomb after reversing Edge's spear into a spinebuster

Dark match after ECW: Batista defeated World Heavyweight Champion Edge via disqualification at 5:47 when the champion hit a low blow as Batista attempted the sit-down powerbomb. For a 5-minute match, it was pretty good. Edge brought the belt in, the referee takes it away, which was followed by near falls by both men. After the match, Edge attempts to hit Batista with the belt but is speared to send the fans home happy.

Hot crowd, as they usually are in the Carolinas, but it didn't appear to be sold out. Very close though. Flair and Batista were easily the top two babyfaces, and it was a close call as to who was more over. MVP had quite a few fans as well, at least in my section (and they were all kids).

Graham's set of spoilers, which I read on Wrestling Observer this morning, are how they should always be done.

Seriously, reading Graham's write-up of the Hardy/Finlay match makes me invision greatness, Hardy playing the old mid-card Bret Hart role of fighting back despite an injured limb, and somehow getting the win even over a more experienced wrestler. Plus, 17 minutes!

And then other spoilers say "Matt Hardy defeated Finlay."

So The Majors will probably challenge Duece N" Domino for the Tag Titles at Vengeance beside the fact that the Majors didn't even appear on SmackDown and gets a title shot anyway for no reason.

as for the Teddy Long/ Kristal thing. shit I'd rather watch this storyline take over SmackDown than the McMahon/death bullshit. leave that shit on Raw.

Is it just me or does SmackDown need a new top face. I mean Batista has been jobbing left and right these last couple of PPVs. thats why they shouldn't have drafted Kennedy. overtime he could of been the brand's top face that the show centers around. I mean they really fucked themselves there.

Is it just me or does SmackDown need a new top face. I mean Batista has been jobbing left and right these last couple of PPVs. thats why they shouldn't have drafted Kennedy. overtime he could of been the brand's top face that the show centers around. I mean they really fucked themselves there.

Can anyone say "Face Khali"? :D

EDIT: Interestingly enough...looking at your sig...all of Smackdown's champs are heels.

Reminds me of how, for a while, all of Raw's champs were faces.

I'm assuming Rey will be the top face on SD once he gets back. Surely they won't send him to Raw too. Matt Hardy might be worth a shot too.

Let's be real though, once UT gets back he is the top guy that will face Edge.

I think with a little bit of building MVP could be a top face.

MVP is no where near that level yet. They cannot rush things with MVP because he has the potential to be on the level of a Rock, Austin, Hogan etc.

MVP is no where near that level yet. They cannot rush things with MVP because he has the potential to be on the level of a Rock, Austin, Hogan etc.

No he doesn't. Don't get me wrong..I love MVP and I know he has the potential to be a champion someday. But there is nobody in the company today who could ever be on the level of Rock, Austin, or Hogan except for Cena and maybe Kennedy.

I figure Kane either quietly left for that knee problem that was brought about around Mania, or creative had big plans for the Kane/Boogeyman team and now has nothing for him at the moment.

Finlay/Hardy was awesome. A clean finish would have been nice though. I liked the knee brace thing, nice touch. Good psychology from Finlay as always.