TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Oldschool

OAO Vengeance PPV Thread

Guest Wrestling Icon

I only saw the main event for this PPV and must say it was one of the worse main events I had ever saw. I am pissed off that Foley would return only to put over Cena who was already way over.

I think that main event was the direct result of "oh shit, we have a PPV coming up and we need somebody to feed to Cena." Now that the PPV's are back to being all-branded, they need to clip them back to 12 per year, or reduce the price when there are two in one month. They had J-Day, then two weeks later was ONS:ER , and within the same month/3 weeks later, you had Vengeance:NoC. All for $39.95, with nothing really of note or overly memorable for your dollar.

Top to bottom I thought Judgment Day has been the best PPV of the summer so far, but J-Day/ONS/Vengeance have been the first time in 5 years that I've watched three back to back pay-per-views.

I stopped watching week-to-week, hardcore before Unforgiven in 2002. (The night HHH was awarded the WHC, matter of fact) The ones I've seen since then have been Survivor Series 2002, Judgment Day 2003, Vengeance 2003, SummerSlam 2003, WrestleMania XX, No Way Out 2005, Judgment Day 2005, and SummerSlam 2005.

Will this event suffer the same fate as Over the Edge 99? Because I quite enjoyed it and was thinking about getting it on DVD.

I was wondering the same thing. Do the DVDs come out before or after they get posted on WWE 24/7?

A month or so before, depending. Mania 23 just came out a month ago and was SUPPOSED to be on 24/7 yesterday, but allegedly the Benoit thing is keeping that from happening (I say allegeldy because some people say they received it, 24/7 and cable companies have a well documented content distribution issue, and I still have the "missing" ECW and Monday Night War shows on my system).

Anyway, my assumption on the DVD release of Vengeance would be Justin Roberts announcement of "Chris Benoit's replacement...", any video or announcer references to Benoit, and the crowd's "We Want Benoit" chant would be dubbed out of the DVD release.

Well the Vengence on Demand webcast is still on the web site. It doesn't mention what the card for the PPV is, but thats pretty normal though