TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Did SOH actually lose his eye though? I'd heard he had a really bad break in his orbital bone and has bad vision out of that eye now. That's as far as I've heard, so maybe he did eventually lose it to surgery or something.

More info on this please !

From his Wiki page...

On April 6, 2007, O'Haire suffered serious injuries in a fight that took place outside a bar in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. O'Haire suffered a fractured orbital bone (in three places) as well as other fractures to his face and skull. Vision in his left eye is impaired, possibly permanently, and he may require extensive plastic surgery.

Conflicting versions of the incident were reported with O'Haire claiming he was coming to the aid of a friend but other witnesses saying O'Haire tried to start a fight with his alleged assailant, Juan Brantley. Previously, on March 17, Brantley had filed a complaint with the sheriff's office stating that O'Haire had attempted to start a fight with him at another bar. [1]

O'Haire is scheduled to fight Mark Kerr on August 17, 2007 at the Mohegan Sun Arena for the Global Fighting Championships promotion.[2]

Hogan on the case... http://usmagazine.com/hulk_hogan_talks_to_...killer_wrestler

Dunno if it's been posted, but he talks about how Nancy was into devil worship and how she got too close to her character from the Sullivan days... *sigh*

Wrestling superstar Hulk Hogan was shocked when the WWE’s Chris Benoit, 40, murdered his wife, Nancy, and son, Daniel, 7, then committed suicide the weekend of June 23.

“He was peaceful and kept to himself,” he tells Us.

Hogan, who last saw Benoit in March, says he wonders what pushed the wrestler over the edge. "I think it had to be something personal, a domestic problem between him and his wife."

And Hogan tells US the wrestler’s wife (and WWE costar) had a dark side.

“She was into devil-worship stuff. It was part of her [wrestling] character, but [she was] somebody who gets so close to their character, someone who gets into their character too much. Sometimes these people believe their own publicity.”

Hey Hulkster, remind you of anyone in particular? I don't know, someone still trying to live off the Hogan name and living the "Hollywood" gimmick?

Not saying Hogan isn't comfortable being an aging biker and that its not a reflection of his real life persona but I hope he realizes this is a pot calling the kettle black moment!

Hogan on the case... http://usmagazine.com/hulk_hogan_talks_to_...killer_wrestler

Dunno if it's been posted, but he talks about how Nancy was into devil worship and how she got too close to her character from the Sullivan days... *sigh*

Wrestling superstar Hulk Hogan was shocked when the WWE’s Chris Benoit, 40, murdered his wife, Nancy, and son, Daniel, 7, then committed suicide the weekend of June 23.

“He was peaceful and kept to himself,” he tells Us.

Hogan, who last saw Benoit in March, says he wonders what pushed the wrestler over the edge. "I think it had to be something personal, a domestic problem between him and his wife."

And Hogan tells US the wrestler’s wife (and WWE costar) had a dark side.

“She was into devil-worship stuff. It was part of her [wrestling] character, but [she was] somebody who gets so close to their character, someone who gets into their character too much. Sometimes these people believe their own publicity.”

Hey Hulkster, remind you of anyone in particular? I don't know, someone still trying to live off the Hogan name and living the "Hollywood" gimmick?

Not saying Hogan isn't comfortable being an aging biker and that its not a reflection of his real life persona but I hope he realizes this is a pot calling the kettle black moment!

lol well said. He sure has no room to talk

A loyal TMZ reader has informed us that all merchandise related to the dead wrestler has been pulled from the WWE website, you can still find Chris Benoit (or at least his action figure) at your local Target store.

Even more unbelievable, we found this little gem on the toy aisle at a Target in Atlanta, which is less than fifty miles from where the murders/suicide took place. Note the toy's now-prophetic title: "Micro Aggression." Eek.

The toy set comes complete with the evil Kane, the Undertaker (insert bad taste joke here), and alleged double murderer Benoit. Steroids not included.

Calls to Target reps have not been returned.

As we mentioned, this story came from an anonymous source. If you are inside the wresting community with a real story to tell, email us. All information will be completely confidential.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/07/03/chris-benoit...arget/#comments

Gotta love how all the packages say "Caution: Choking Hazard" too.

Dr. Phil Astin was released on a $125,000 secured bond today, and will be electronically monitored as a condition of his bond.

Doug Evans, a reporter for Atlanta’s Fox affiliate, is reporting that federal investigators have seized medical records of professional wrestlers that were under the care of Dr. Astin. Evans said that investigators seized records after they noticed autographed photographs of wrestlers on Astin’s office walls. Evans also reports that the toxicology reports are key if Astin is be charged in the federal investigation. Astin has been a doctor to pro wrestlers and other pro and college athletes for years, dating back to the WCW days.

Chris Benoit took out a new life insurance policy, which listed his ex-wife and oldest child David, 14, and Megan, 10, as the beneficiaries. Nancy apparently confronted Chris about it and he refused to change it. Nancy also found out that Chris Benoit set up a new bank account in the name of his ex-wife in Edmonton.

We can all rest easy now, since we all know that Jerry Lawler would never lie to us:

Video

Lawler: Steroid Use Not Rampant in Wrestling

Last Edited: Tuesday, 03 Jul 2007, 4:59 PM CDT

By April Norris

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WHBQ FOX13 myfoxmemphis.com) --

Police are wondering if drugs played a role in professional wrestler Chris Benoit's apparent suicide and murders of his family. The news shocked the World Wrestling Entertainment organization and wrestling fans.

Wrestling pro Jerry "The King" Lawler, who lives in Memphis, wrestled with Benoit for years.

Lawler's saddened by what happened and said regardless if toxicology reports show Benoit had been using drugs or not, we shouldn't be quick to judge or presume all wrestlers use steroids to bulk up and pump up their image.

"Are there wrestlers out there who have been involved or do drugs? Of course, but that's in every segment of society," he said.

The WWE Hall of Famer, who's been throwing guys around in the ring for about 30 years, said he's living proof they don't all do drugs.

"I have never touched a steroid," he said. "I know this sounds funny, but I have never seen steroids in my entire career, but it's the absolute truth."

Lawler wrestled with Chris Benoit.

He doesn't want to jump to conclusions about what caused Benoit to strangle his wife and seven-year-old son to death inside their Atlanta home before hanging himself.

Police are now waiting on toxicology reports to find out if steroids and other drugs had anything to do with the killings, because several drugs were found inside Benoit's home.

Lawler said what his buddy did was out of character. Among wrestlers he said Benoit seemed to be a model family man.

"When he would win a big match, he would have them come in the ring, his wife and son and celebrate the victory with them," he said. "The only three people that knew what happened are all gone."

Because of this tragedy, the WWE is vowing to make any necessary changes to their drug testing policy.

Lawler said right now, the organization does random testing. He said if a wrestler tests positive once they're suspended and are fired if there are any subsequent positive test results.

And then there's this:

http://www.georgiawrestlinghistory.com/new...7/07/03-10.html

July 3, 2007

Astin Linked to Athletes Other Than Benoit; Wrestlers Included

Names have not been released yet, but a source told us on Sunday that investigators expected to find links to more professional athletes, including wrestlers.

It is now being reported that they believe they have a strong case to be able to confidently produce such evidence.

Even anonymous sources are being tight-lipped, as they are concerned of the explosiveness of the situation, and want to maintain a solid case until it is certain.

"WWE spokesperson Gary Davis backed off the company's claim that Daniel Benoit had Fragile X syndrome today.

"A lot of people got caught up in the idea Daniel had Fragile X syndrome," said Davis in an AP article. "We were just as caught up as everyone else."

Davis said the company has no information to contradict the claims of Nancy Benoit's parents that Daniel had no such disease.

"I think we have to go with what the district attorney has said as being the best, up-to-date information available right now," Davis said.

Davis said McDevitt was confident from speaking to WWE employees who knew Daniel Benoit."

(WON.com)

the wwe is really fucked if this whole case truly goes the way it should. The wwe deserve a royal bashing not only for their handling to preserve their public image, but for their way of running their company.

We can all rest easy now, since we all know that Jerry Lawler would never lie to us:

"I have never touched a steroid," he said. "I know this sounds funny, but I have never seen steroids in my entire career, but it's the absolute truth."

Lawler went on to say that he prefers cougars over kittens.

You can say Vince this and Vince that and blame him for roids and all that.......it's every bit as much fans aswell.

Examples, Triple H is off roids and damn near everyone made fun of him for being fat. Rey Mysterio even while being alot bigger than he was once, likely taking something......is still thought of as to small to mainevent by most fans.

Fans absolutely play a role in this "how wrestlers look" thing it's not just Vince McMahon.

You can say Vince this and Vince that and blame him for roids and all that.......it's every bit as much fans aswell.

Examples, Triple H is off roids and damn near everyone made fun of him for being fat. Rey Mysterio even while being alot bigger than he was once, likely taking something......is still thought of as to small to mainevent by most fans.

Fans absolutely play a role in this "how wrestlers look" thing it's not just Vince McMahon.

I'd aim that stereotype at casual fans - as I myself would rather watch a Steve Corino or a CW Anderson anyday over Bobby Lashley or Batista.

While I'm positive that the casual fans and their money influence what Vince pushes in some effect.. we all know that what Vince wants to get pushed, gets pushed, even if the fans DON'T like it.

I thought he handled himself well except his obvious tendency to rant on occasion. He said what needed to be said. I disagree with his stance on steroids, but it's funny the so-called self-destructive superstar is living his life happily with a family. While the greats are dying and murdering.

The Roids just made him hilarious they didn't kill him..........he's just a lucky guy basically stuff doesn't affect everyone the same.

Guest Smues

Mother fucker my tv listings said it was on at 6, so I got home by 6, to find Warrior was on at 5. Fuck.

Mother fucker my tv listings said it was on at 6, so I got home by 6, to find Warrior was on at 5. Fuck.

There will be a replay later. I think it comes on again at 12am (eastern), so I suppose it will be 8 where you are at.

Wow, Warrior isn't doing anything close to a good job on the show.

"The druge test is a ruse." - Warrior

Well to be honest, isn't it? If the test is not, the enforcement/punishment of using drugs is.

Basically what i gathered from his ramblings is that its OK to take steroids and what caused benoit to do this was really non steroid related. Its not so much what he said that was bad, it was just warrior being warrior...rambling and coming across as a nut.

Because of this tragedy, the WWE is vowing to make any necessary changes to their drug testing policy.

Lawler said right now, the organization does random testing. He said if a wrestler tests positive once they're suspended and are fired if there are any subsequent positive test results.

Here's one change they could make...

Make "testing negative" actually mean "no steroids" instead of their ridiculously high steroid tolerance, which is much higher than others who test for roids.

I mentioned this earlier, but you can actually fail MLB's steroid test and pass WWE's Wellness Policy.

Did SOH actually lose his eye though? I'd heard he had a really bad break in his orbital bone and has bad vision out of that eye now. That's as far as I've heard, so maybe he did eventually lose it to surgery or something.

More info on this please !

From his Wiki page...

On April 6, 2007, O'Haire suffered serious injuries in a fight that took place outside a bar in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. O'Haire suffered a fractured orbital bone (in three places) as well as other fractures to his face and skull. Vision in his left eye is impaired, possibly permanently, and he may require extensive plastic surgery.

Conflicting versions of the incident were reported with O'Haire claiming he was coming to the aid of a friend but other witnesses saying O'Haire tried to start a fight with his alleged assailant, Juan Brantley. Previously, on March 17, Brantley had filed a complaint with the sheriff's office stating that O'Haire had attempted to start a fight with him at another bar. [1]

O'Haire is scheduled to fight Mark Kerr on August 17, 2007 at the Mohegan Sun Arena for the Global Fighting Championships promotion.[2]

I thought he was an MMA badass. How did he get so fucked up that bad?

Here's one change they could make...

Make "testing negative" actually mean "no steroids" instead of their ridiculously high steroid tolerance, which is much higher than others who test for roids.

I mentioned this earlier, but you can actually fail MLB's steroid test and pass WWE's Wellness Policy.

MLB is a sport and wrestling isn't.............I think that is a key difference when people are expecting these massive changes. Unless of course you'd like congress to come down on Hollywood and Stallone or all those actors in 300 that took things to get those roles....Wrestling is looked at more in the lines of Hollywood/music industry than a sport industry.

Rockstars OD and die, kill themselves all that no one has done a damn thing.......same for Hollywood wrestling is a lot closer to that than it is a real sport.

BTW, the other day I walked into a local Kay-Bee toy store (Westchester County, New York) and saw the latest Benoit figures at the normal price as the others on the shelf for about $5 (Backlash figures from the Aggression line I believe) the employee I talked to knew about what had happened, but said they weren't given any notice to remove it from the shelves.

Just odd, but then again toy shop employees (and retail in general) are generally the last to know about a lot of things, it could be that the missive was sent and they never got around to reading the letter or getting the message yet!