TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

Cloverfield

After seeing the trailer I half think it might be an alien invasion movie.

Did anyone notice about half way through that trailer, just before the characters run down into the subway and the army is running with guns, you see a shot of something huge walking between the buildings. Looked green and slimey.. if you go frame by frame you should be able to catch it. There're only about two frames that are in focus though.

7xczexc.jpg

Mutant whale with lice larger than people living on it. Not quite what I was expecting, but I guess the lice lay eggs in that woman and that's why she expands and explodes.

I think that was debunked on the IMDB boards a couple weeks ago. Thought that particular design does have a strong reseblence to Sin from Final Fantasy X.

Elaborate and well done hoax if that is the case but with the Slusho.jp site mentioning turning into whales in the "customer comments" and the whole "Yoshida dedicated her life to refreshment! Her classmates called her the Smallest Whale" thing I think this may have some merit, even if it's an early concept drawing and not the finished article we'll see on screen.

Seriously.

I think it looks nicely gross.

Maybe they'll incorporate The Bloop into the sound effect.

In which case I'll sue for putting my soul at risk :(

Guest Vitamin X

I actually wouldn't be surprised if that's what it looked like. I think it's going to look like that, but with more of a forest green/crimson color.

And it can't be a shitty American remake of The Host because The Host was a much smaller, quicker mutant, and he didn't have little mini monsters leaping off its back.

This is actually a bit more like Godzilla 2000, what with the raptor babies and all that.

The hole that's knocked out of the city in the promotional poster doesn't appear to big large enough for something that big to pass through. That's one HUGE monster though, and the movie should be a fun popcorn flick.

*edit* On closer inspection, it actually does seem to be WIDE enough for something that large to fit through.

cloverfield-poster-thumb.jpg

I biggest problem with THAT moster is the huge ass tale. If he is supposed to be walking around the city, I can really see that making it look a lot more awkword then it has to be

Anyone know Japanese?

cloverfielddn4.jpg

Apparently its just the general description of the movie with the release date. Nothing new that we don't already know.

FYI: I don't know Japanese but one of my classmates lived in Japan for a few years and he did a brief translation