TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
At Home

Shitty Scenes in Great Movies

Yeah but is there really a bad scene that Brick Top is involved in? I sorta wish we could have seen his pigs in action a bit, like we did get in Hannibal.

I'll have to agree with the shit ending to the Blair Witch Project. Thankfully I was watching it on VHS so I could rewind it to try and figure out what the hell happened. The ending makes sense, I mean if the guy is dead its not like your going to see that much more, but it would have been nice to have some better build up, and then the end.

In fact, that reminds me of something on-topic. I didn't particularly like Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows, but every single scene with that dumbass redneck sherriff just killed the movie past the point of no return for me.

That movie featured goth Kim Director and her goth clevage in a orgy. I will watch that shit TODAY and nothing will take it down a notch for me.

Yes, there is something: the director's commentary. He says that there WAS NO WITCH, EVER and that the entire movie and all the weird stuff was just a mass hallucination on the part of the characters.

Never listened to the commentary. Never will.

If it wasn't named Blair Witch 2 and it was about any other thing, that movie would have been okay with the twist ending and all. Its just the fact that Blair Witch was attached to it that people were really disappointed.

But I still didn't care because of Kim Director and her enourmous boobs.

Kim Director

That girl's been in more Spike Lee movies than Spike Lee himself.

Yep. And is mind numbingly hot in all of them.

I liked both Blair Witch movies actually.

Everyone seemed to love the first one when it was this big internet buzz, but after it went huge it seemed like all those same people got on the hater train. And by the time the second one came out Blair Witch simply wasn't cool.

I loved the first movie and hated the sequel. I guess I understand that they had to make a normal fictional narrative film for the second one, since they'd pretty run the 1st-person mockumentary approach into the ground with the first one (especially with all the supplemental stuff like the Sci-Fi channel special, the book tie-in, etc). But I just hated the approach they eventually took, with a boring story, generic characters, bad dialogue, bad acting, and a director who was firmly convinced that It Was All A Dream.

Hell, at the time the first Blair Witch came out, I wasnt even on the net or reading much about it, in terms of that it was a "mockumentary" - actually thought it was legit, so when I saw it in the theater, did I ever freak the fuck out.

I was working in a movie theater when it first came out. There were a LOT of people who were convinced that it was real. I heard the whole range of different opinions on that flick, from people who stormed out halfway through swearing loudly to others who went back and saw it twenty times.

In fact, the first time I ever saw it was at 2 in the morning in a mostly deserted theater the Thursday night before it came out (the managers always screen all the movies they get just to make sure nothing is wrong with the print and to have at least some knowledge about the movies they're showing). And it was right after I watched The Sixth Sense in a similar screening in the theater next door. And I went into both movies knowing almost nothing about them. Yep, that was an unsettling night.

I guess scenes in extended edition DVDs also count.

Elwood quiting his job in Blues Brothers seems uneccessary, as it was clunky and kind of annoying that it takes away from Jake being the only one to take off the glasses during the scene with Carrie Fisher later on.

The first hour of King Kong

All of John Turturro's scenes in Transformers

Yes, there is something: the director's commentary. He says that there WAS NO WITCH, EVER and that the entire movie and all the weird stuff was just a mass hallucination on the part of the characters.

This is why the guys behind Blair Witch HATED the sequel and wanted no association with it. Interesting enough, the original Blair Witch Project was 10 HOURS long. If you watch all the footage they shot, it's 10 hours worth total. Artisan is the one who eliminated the fact that it's a ghost/evil combo pack at the end with the kids dying exactly how the witch killed the little kids. Artisan was also the ones who told the actors they had to pretend like they were dead as the directors desperately tried in interviews to explain it wasn't real. This is why the career of Heather Donahue (who is actually smoking hot in person) never got off the ground for awhile; most people thought she was DEAD.

It would have worked a lot better had they included the stuff from the documentary (which actually has the rest of the plot, stupid enough) into the film. Without it, you really have no idea what the fuck is going on at the end.

As for really shitty scenes, Hicks is DEAD at the start of Aliens 3. What the FUCK was the genius thinking by killing one of the coolest characters in sci-fi/action history in a barely mentioned moment? That whole damn scene was stupid. Newt dies killing the Ripley motherly connection, Hicks dies by getting crushed while sleeping, and Ripley gets infected with an alien. Now the reason I mention this is cause the special edition cut is a pretty great film. But that opening is a shit scene and it is a miracle anything can recover from that.