TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
St. Gabe

Orlando Theme Parks

So, do I buy a park hopper for the Universal Parks or for the Disney Parks? Money is no object.

Guest Vitamin X

Neither. Just go to Islands of Adventure. Disneyworld is more fun if you have a lot of time, and the Universal main theme park is a waste of time in Orlando.

Yeah, park hopping Disneyworld is way too time consuming because of how far apart they are. I'd go to the Universal parks. Better rides and the parks are literally right next to eachother. You could ride everything in a day with those express passes.

I hate theme parks with two exceptions: Disney and Six Flags Magic Mountain. Magic Mountain largely because I spent an obscene amount of time there in my youth, so it's nostalgic for me. So I always go with Disney.

Actually, if you shave your head and ride in a wheelchair, theme parks aren't so bad. People assume you're dying, so you get all kinds of perks. When I did this, I just wore a shaved head for style and had a blown out knee, I wasn't trying to scam. But it works.

Disney is worth it if you're spending a week there and have plenty of time to check everything out, because there is there is just an endless amount of things to see and do there. If you get in right as the park opens, you should be able to hit most of the major rides with minimal wait, but definitely use the fast pass because by mid-afternoon the lines just aren't worth the wait in the brutal heat. Disney also gets kind of a bad rep for being mostly for kids, but that couldn't be further from the truth. there's plenty there for everyone.

I've never personally been to Universal, but I've heard that it's rides top Disney's, even though they've replaced a lot of the old classics over the years like Back to the Future and Alfred Hitchcock. In the end though, Disney is still Disney, but if you have the money it might be worth it to spend at least one day at Universal.

Either way, bring lots of Credit Cards because you will probably end up blowing close to a grand between the parks no matter which one you go to.

Guest Vitamin X
Six Flags Magic Mountain. Magic Mountain largely because I spent an obscene amount of time there in my youth, so it's nostalgic for me.

Hey, something else Milky and I share in common. I spent my adolescence in the same town as where Magic Mountain is. When I had first moved there, it was just a tiny suburb on the outskirts of L.A. with MM as its main attraction, so most of the town's youth always had season passes and hung out there because the local mall kind of sucked at the time. Times have changed and the city is one of the fastest growing in California now and the largest L.A. suburb except for the San Fernando Valley (where I grew up before then), and last I heard, the city had considered tearing down MM and putting fucking condominiums in its place. As if Santa Clarita needed any more residential areas! Yikes.

But yeah, I met a good portion of my ex's during high school there, and numerous one night stands. Magic Mountain was the fuckin' spot. I worked there over the summers there, so I got in for free a lot and didn't need a season pass so often. I was a ride operator. My buddy Greg was another ride op, but he insisted on working over on the water rides so he could see chicks in wet shirts.

What?!? I've never spent near that much. I do have connections which let me get in for free, but admission can't be that much.

Depends on what you wanna see and how long you plan to be there. A 3 day park hopper pass with admission to the water park is going to run you 309 dollars per person, and the prices go up from there.

Go to Islands of Adventure. Disney sucks a big one and the main Universal is not much better.

And just for giggles, go to Holy land.

for one day only the best choice is Island of Adventure/Universal, they're right next to each other so you can switch parks in 10mins. Also you can go to a TNA show

for one day only the best choice is Island of Adventure/Universal, they're right next to each other so you can switch parks in 10mins.

Agreed. I love the Disney parks, but you need more than one day to make it to all the great rides, specially Magic Kingdom and MGM. Epcot I haven't been in ages, and the Animal Kingdom is pretty decent but you have to get up awfully early if you ever hope to see some of those animals when they're awake.

Magic Mountain is the best. I don't think they'll tear it down after all the money they've spent on the rides over the past few years.

Guest Vitamin X

I hope not, it's the defining characteristic of my hometown. I'd always say, "yeah I went to high school in Valencia.." ".. where?" "You know where Magic Mountain is?" "Ohhhh yeah."

Haha, Vitamin X is from Valencia? Haha small world I guess. What high school did you go to? Did you play a sport? I played football for the beloved Saugus Centurions. Anyways Magic Mountain is fun but they raised general admission to 60 dollars and parking is 15 dollars. I mean Disneyland is cheaper than SFMM now for the most part. Of course I worked there for the better part of 4 years so Im biased.

Guest Vitamin X

I played football and track for Valencia. I was behind Manuel White on the depth chart, so my playing time on the varsity team wasn't exactly great.

I spent most of my adolescence there though yeah, but I lived in Burbank before that. My brother graduated from Burbank High, and I was at John Muir.

Definitely Universal. Even if they got rid of the AWESOME Ghostbusters show, and apparently did away with Back to the Future (which the wait always sucked for, but the ride was always worth it). I hear good things about the Spider-Man ride, the Jaws ride is fun, and the Men in Black ride (if still there, haven't been there since I was 12 or 13) is fucking BOSS. Islands of Adventure I remember for two things: the Hulk coaster (which is probably the best steel coaster I've ever been on), and the Dudley Do-Right flume. I don't even remember why I like the Dudley Do-Right flume, I just remember it being a lot more fun than any flume ride should be.

Well, I figured I'd follow up here. We went last saturday and I splurged and paid the 150.00 for a VIP express pass. BEST money I've EVER spent. The longest I waited was about 10 minutes all day long. We rode every single ride that we were allowed to except the pteronadon flyers which were they only ride not included in the express pass ticket. It took about 10 hours to riude everything, and both of the parks were just incredible. I'll post some pictures if anyone is interested, but if you ever go and it looks like it might be crowded or hot, do yourself a favor and buy the express pass. Amazing day, awesome time.