TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact spoilers

If Joe went to WWE I'd have a (small) hope that they'd treat him ok. If they have any brains they'll sign him up for ECW and let him and Punk go at it.

Would never happen. Unless they stand to profit from it, like Hulk Hogan vs. The Rock, WWE doesn't care about fan's "dream matches." When they had Jerry Lynn and Rob Van Dam on the roster in mid-'01, they only met once on an edition of Sunday Night Heat. For the most part WWE fans hadn't been exposed to their work together in ECW, so WWE could've easily had a feud between the two and put on some fantastic matches. Didn't happen.

I would like to repeat, recant, restate that I am hating the sports entertainment crap that is the whole Kurt Angle story that is taking 75% of Impact. Is that Matt Morgan playing the part of Big Bubba the bodyguard for Cornette?

So I'm guessing it's going to be Christian vs Joe at the next PPV and the winner gets Angle at Bound for Glory, which is where I think Joe will win the title. Everyone knew Joe vs Angle was going to happen at BFG, now it has just been set up from the promo between Christian and Joe.

Lynn and RVD only had one match that could be considered "Fantastic"...And that was barely above average.

RVD was better in the E, then he ever was in ECW.

From an entertainment perspective, Jerry Lynn and Rob Van Dam were fantastic any time they worked together whether it was Living Dangerously '99, Hardcore Heaven '99, the various Hardcore television matches, or Guilty As Charged '01. Even the Sunday Night Heat match was solid for what it was.

Well, the Living Dangerously bout was tremendous stuff aside from the utterly idiotic booking where the ref actually tried to give Lynn the TV title on a time limit draw. I remember watching the PPV live and being confused and stunned that the ref thought he could possibly do something like that.

The Hardcore Heaven match was really awesome too. But to me the best RVD/Lynn match was one on TNN circa Sept. 1999, the one where Lynn had the broken ribs. In fact they probably should have just put the TV belt on Lynn there, since the crowd would have gone nuts for his win.

Gotta put those matches into perspective. The WWF in 1999 had evolved into this goofy ultra sports entertainment style product without much solid wrestling. WCW had become a complete hellhole of awful matches, awful booking, and the quality performers were buried or misused. Stuff like the RVD/Lynn series and Tajiri/Super Crazy (not to mention Tanaka/Awesome) made ECW the best actual wrestling product of that era. Heyman's booking however was going south by that time.

Good show again tonight. It wasn't flawless, but TNA continues to entertain me more in 1 hour than The WWE does in 4-5 hours most weeks.

I just love that John Cena's cousin is in one of the main storylines. You think if they TNApes new that, that they would go crazy.

I can't stand the Truth's retard dancing.

I just love that John Cena's cousin is in one of the main storylines. You think if they TNApes new that, that they would go crazy.

Who would that be?

Who would that be?

"Trademarc" aka the bald guy that played Karen Angle's date during the PPV.

Who would that be?

Trademarc, the guy that was "with" Karen Angle on Sunday at the PPV.

Did they explain why the Steiners would even want five minutes with Karen Angle to begin with? Has she had any interaction with them at all and screwed them over some way so they would want to get their hands on her?

We'll ignore the fact that man-on-woman violence is not allowed anymore.

But if the Steiners win they can make her into their personal maid making her clean up dog shit. Nothing says ratings like a nice 10 minute clip of Mrs. Angle scrubbing toilets. :lol:

Did they explain why

TNA? Explain something? That's crazy talk. I still don't understand why Robert Roode was so desperate to own Eric Young's contract, or exactly how Sting beating Abyss about the head helped him get over having shot his dad.

That whole "OMG Joe will get burried if he goes to the E" reaction is funny to me. I remember everyone reacted that way about Punk too and guess what, he's the lead face on one of the brands and practically never loses....

Even if they misused Joe he'd be better off in the E, he'd make more money, be better taken care of and if they did get rid of him he'd be able to charge more for bookings just for the sake of working for the national company and really getting his name out there.

Did they explain why

TNA? Explain something? That's crazy talk. I still don't understand why Robert Roode was so desperate to own Eric Young's contract, or exactly how Sting beating Abyss about the head helped him get over having shot his dad.

Actually they did explain that. Roode wasn't getting over, but Young was and he wanted to be over so he had his COO Ms. Brooks sign him to Robert Roode Inc. Instead Young didn't want to do that but he was suckered into it.

We'll ignore the fact that man-on-woman violence is not allowed anymore.

They abolished that policy at the last ppv so it must just be an Impact thing. So they will just tease.

I'll be damned but I enjoyed the show last night quite a bit. I'd much rather have the way Impact has been than have shit on there that is just so tediously boring its hard to sit through. At least it feels like stuff that is leading places is happening, and you somewhat don't know what to expect next with the shows.

you somewhat don't know what to expect next with the shows.

Crazy hijinks from the 2 wild & crazy guys in Angle & Nash! More WWE has beens joining the main event?

Crazy hijinks from the 2 wild & crazy guys in Angle & Nash! More WWE has beens joining the main event?

Whatever the case, both Angle and Nash, to me, are entertaining as hell right now, characteristically speaking.

I don't forsee Andrew Martin, for example, main eventing an upcoming ppv, so I am not tripping out about that.

What Nash is doing is entertaining but how exactly is it making the company any money? When the best character/role on the show is a midcard comedy one that won't lead to any matches or any money that speaks volumes.

That whole "OMG Joe will get burried if he goes to the E" reaction is funny to me. I remember everyone reacted that way about Punk too and guess what, he's the lead face on one of the brands and practically never loses....

Punk is an exception to so many rules, it makes me speculate on who he's orally pleasuring in the back. The WWE never, never, NEVER lets an independent wrestler keep their old gimmick from the indies... but they did with Punk.

Whatever the case, both Angle and Nash, to me, are entertaining as hell right now, characteristically speaking.

I don't forsee Andrew Martin, for example, main eventing an upcoming ppv, so I am not tripping out about that.

Eventually everyone is going to have a tall roided up bodyguard.

What Nash is doing is entertaining but how exactly is it making the company any money? When the best character/role on the show is a midcard comedy one that won't lead to any matches or any money that speaks volumes.

DAMN!

Will you just enjoy the shows for what they are and stop worrying about a company making money or not? TNA sure doesnt care....why should we? If something in entertaining, it is what it is. Stop trying to find a negative in a positive....its ok to give some credit to TNA for things they do that work. This board seems to just harbor on the bad. I'm not saying some shit is bad, but not EVERYTHING is. Who gives a flying fuck if, say, the AJ Styles character (which is IMO their best guy right now from an entertaining standpoint) can make them any money or not as long as you enjoy what the fuck he is doing? Newsflash - NOBODY can make this company money, so what is your point exactly? I still believe the PR/marketing department of this company needs to be amped up substantially, and then maybe people will at least tune in to see whats going on. They havent even reached that step yet where more than the normal base, give and take a rating point above or below that, actually knows or cares to tune in to Impact intiially.