TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brett Favre

NBA 2K8

Hey Ripper, have you found any good sliders for the game? Anything to at least curb the missing easy lay-ups in the paint?

Hey Ripper, have you found any good sliders for the game? Anything to at least curb the missing easy lay-ups in the paint?

I moved the layup slider to 60.

Plus I figured out the real secret to why people are blowing layups. It all comes down to the foot planting. If you start your layup further away from the basket, your player has a chance to get down his feet twice, jump and still have room to make a easy layup. You wait too late to try a layup and you are too close to the basket and will blow it.

Plus, pointing the shotstick towards the basket will increase your layup success rate too. But mostly its the starting the motion far enough from the basket.

This game is such bullshit. I have been playing the 2K basketball games for years, and I won most of my games on 2K6 and 2K7. This game, while fun, has way too many problems in single player. I am 2-4 on Pro. I should not have any problems with teams like the Hawks and Knicks on Pro (I play as the Bulls). I never had problems in years past when the Bulls were ranked much lower.

Whenever I take a lead, the other team magically goes on a run making every shot and I can't make single one. Results aren't determined by skill. The CPU, when down, just gets cheap.

This game had/has so much potential, but the cheap AI is ruining it.

Yeah I just played my first game Warriors vs Knicks and I could't hit any threes and the Knicks shot like 70% and only missed shots when they were up double digits. I don't mind the cpu making you pay for defensive mistakes, but the fucking Knicks shouldn't make every shot.

I know people hate to hear it, but you guys just suck at the game right now.

If you leave people open, they will hit shots. Simple as that. Years before you could roam on D and have one player try to disrupt stuff. Now, they will find the guy you left open and if he has any jumpshooting ability he is going to make you pay. Over and over and over again.

I am playing a season on Hall of fame with the Hawks and I am 14-6. The 6 came when I was still learning the game.

It might be annoying to some but you are going to have to play some ball to actually get wins. No more just running around and shooting. If you are missing all your shots, then maybe you are taking crappy shots. If you guy is cold, then call a timeout to get his confidence back up.

And when the computer is making a run, you are going to HAVE to call a time out or they won't stop the run. If you let them get hot and never stop them, what do you think will happen.

Another tip, those bars next to you aren't there for decoration. Shoot in your hot spots and close in on offensive players when they are near theirs.

In the real NBA teams will always make a run. ALWAYS. You have to fight them off. If you don't, you lose. Simple as that.

Yeah, one game for some reason I went back to my "roam with Josh Smith" thing I did in years before and Matt Barnes scored 48 points on me because he kept getting WIDE open 3's. I didn't call a timeout and his bars got red and blinking, but thanks to years before where I hated calling timeouts and probably never did, this year they made me pay for it. I won the game though because I went to a 2-3 zone to keep him from being so open.

Try out these sliders, they made the game feel much more realistic. I didn't even think about calling time outs to stop runs though. In other basketball games Ive never really had to. There were some shots by the Knicks that were just plain BS though like turn around fade away shots near 3 point range.

Not mine got them from a google search and they aren't too bad.

LEVEL SUPER STAR

8 Minutes for me

Sub Method-Fatigue

Player Clutch Factor ON

Speed-42

Player Speed-60 (I like this better to match the slower game play speed)

FT Difficult-50

Real FT%-I like having the players actual ratings be more involved

NBA RULES

Charging–87

Blocking–80

Reaching-80 ( i found myself getting way too many ticky tack fouls with what you had.

Shooting-82

Loose Ball-100.......

I went to the line 24 times in the game I played with these fouls. The CPU went 18

USER/CPU

GAME SLIDERS

SHOOTING

Close Shot Success–50/44

Mid Range Success–48/46

3PT Success–52/48

Dunk Success–46/46.......(I like to see a few missed dunks)

Layup Success–50/44

Dunks in Traffic–12/10.....

DEFENSE

Steal Success–75/75........(Makes guy's like Chris Paul stand out better)

Collision Sensitivity–80/80

Pick Success–73/71.........

Pick strength–56/55......... (defenders seemed to fall down too much with it it above 60.)

ATTRIBUTES

Stealing–67/60............

Blocking–32/20

Ball Handling–35/33....

Dunk Ability–37/26........(This combined with Dunk Success works for me)

Off. Awareness–50/50...(I let the ratings dictate this setting)

Def. Awareness–50/50...(Same as Offensive)

Off. Rebounding–50/50

Def. Rebounding–60/45

Chance of Injury-53/52...[/b]

Injury Effects–55/55

Clutch Factor–35/35.......(Default was too much but this seems equal on both sides)

Fatigue Rate–52/52

TENDENCIES

Shoots Inside–50/50

Shoots Mid-Range–50/70

Shoots 3pt–50/50

Attacks the Basket–50/41

Attempts Dunks–55/55

Back to the Basket–50/41.........

Uses Triple Threat–50/50

Shoots Hook Shots–40/40.........(This is a lost art in the NBA today)

Attempts Putbacks–50/50

Throws Flashy Passes–25/25.....(This might go lower but I haven't played every team yet)

Commits Fouls–80/80...............(I might jack this up some more because I'm not seeing enough called)

Plays Passing Lanes–50/50

Atts on Ball Steals–65/65........(I like to see guy's like Bruce Bowen & Raja Bell more aggressive)

Contest Shots–75/50..............(This helps my guy's function better on their own)

Uses Sizeup Moves–50/50

Try out these sliders, they made the game feel much more realistic. I didn't even think about calling time outs to stop runs though. In other basketball games Ive never really had to. There were some shots by the Knicks that were just plain BS though like turn around fade away shots near 3 point range.

Jamal Crawford?