TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

2007 NFL Survivor Pool

Guest Vitamin X
I'm going with the Saints this week. Last week they just fell apart in the 2nd half (maybe Indy borrowed Matt Estrella for the game) and Tampa is still just terrible.

Losing Jeff Garcia as well as Cadillac Williams didn't/won't help matters much, either.

Pittsburgh is the most logical choice this week. I thought about picking Chicago, but I'll pick them when Sexy Rexy isn't going against Ty Law. Besides, as bad as the Chiefs offense is, it's been established that you don't need to get a good offensive performance to outscore the Bears. As long as you have Larry Johnson, you have a chance to win. And from now on, I'm not picking against teams with a chance to win.

Pittsburgh is the most logical choice this week. I thought about picking Chicago, but I'll pick them when Sexy Rexy isn't going against Ty Law. Besides, as bad as the Chiefs offense is, it's been established that you don't need to get a good offensive performance to outscore the Bears. As long as you have Larry Johnson, you have a chance to win. And from now on, I'm not picking against teams with a chance to win.

Plus this game has "upset" written all over it. I'd stay away from the Bears this week.

I like Denver over Oakland, or maybe Philly over Washington.

Guest Vitamin X

Philly and Washington will be a close game, and Denver over Oakland..... eh. I know the Broncos won last week, but they've got easier teams coming up.

I'm sorry, but KC is an awful team. Mediocre coach, terrible defense, no passing game- their entire team consists of Larry Johnson, who is coming off a 400+ carry season and is clearly in rebuilding mode. If the Chiefs could only muster 3 points, with LJ going 10 for 43 yards, imagine what the Bears defense will do, considering they held arguably the best player in the league, on the road to 17 rushes for 25 yards. Sure he scored the two touchdowns, but the Chiefs won't have anyone good enough to block against the Bears' rush, or to throw to if they decide to do any trickery. And this is Chicago's home opener, in a division that is getting better.

Like someone else mentioned, this is the kind of game the Bears last season would've won 41-3 or something ridiculous like that. I hope to be wrong as leaving the Bears last in the division for another week would make me happy, but I really think KC is going to get annihilated.

Im going with the Bengals.

Bad move. While a defeat of Cleveland might seem automatic, you shouldn't waste that team when they'll have an incredibly soft schedule.

Im going with the Bengals.

Bad move. While a defeat of Cleveland might seem automatic, you shouldn't waste that team when they'll have an incredibly soft schedule.

It isnt like this is going to last the entire NFL Season and I still have every team but the Steelers to pick from. I'll take the all but guaranteed win vs the Browns and move on to week 3 and go from there..if you try and play this from a "Id pick this team this week but they play a crappier team in a couple weeks so I dont wanna pick them this week now" standpoint, you'll get screwed and not even make it to a couple weeks later.

I'm with Marvin; I'd rather just take the game I'm most comfortable with rather than worrying about future schedules/matchups and such. The only teams I may hold on to until later are the Colts and Pats.

I hold games off. Why pick a team to win on the road when they play a much weaker team at home later on? I only pick home teams unless a matchup is so badly in favor of a road team.

I can't ever see taking a team against a divisional opponent on the road when they'll play that same team at home later and there's another good game to pick.

The Bengals play the browns again week 16.

They play @Seahawks, Patriots, @Chiefs, Jets and Steelers through October (which is as long as I give this). Im not gonna wait til week 5 or 6 to take their next possible guaranteed victory (and who knows, the Jets and Chiefs could be better by then) to take them when they play a piss poor Browns team this week and its a lock for a victory.

And the "pick the team playing the Browns" strategy might not work next week. They play Oakland, and Id be tempted to think they could possibly win that game..

This week's picks:

Chicago - 8

Cincinnati - 8

New Orleans - 4

Jacksonville - 3

Pittsburgh - 3

Indianapolis - 2

Carolina - 1

Dallas - 1

Denver - 1

Green Bay - 1

St. Louis - 1

Seattle - 1

One person missed the deadline and is eliminated.

"Bad move. While a defeat of Cleveland might seem automatic, you shouldn't waste that team when they'll have an incredibly soft schedule."

Key to Survivor is often picking not who you think is going to win, but rather selecting must-lose teams. I don't think Cincy's a terrible wasted pick, especially since they're a VERY shaky team (look at their finish last year) and if you can find a Cincy game where they're almost definitely not gonna lose, you should pick 'em.

Go Bengals!