TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

2007 NFL Survivor Pool

Guest Vitamin X

Crap, I completely forgot about the "if you pick this team you can't use them again" rule. I think I still feel pretty confident with who I've got, though.

This week's pick breakdown:

Seattle - 12

Pittsburgh - 7

Denver - 5

New England - 3

Detroit - 2

Jacksonville - 2

Minnesota - 2

Arizona - 1

Dallas - 1

Houston - 1

Indianapolis - 1

Oakland - 1

San Francisco - 1

St. Louis - 1

At least two people will be eliminated this week.

Who else picked Detroit?

That would be me. I figured it's not like I would have many other chances to pick the Lions in this thing, as it's not like this thing will go to Week 17 which is the one week the Lions are an absolute lock to win every year, thus fucking up their draft position. I hate the Lions.

Guest Vitamin X

Razazteca is surely a smart guy, picking Arizona to beat SF on the road. Only game in which two people picked two different outcomes.

The 49ers are going to abuse Arizona. And this is coming from one of the biggest Matt Leinart apologists in the history of the earth.

It was tough going, but I made it through without wasting one of the best picks on Opening Week. Thanks Eric Green.

The 49ers are going to abuse Arizona. And this is coming from one of the biggest Matt Leinart apologists in the history of the earth.

If I may speak on this, Ken Whisenhunt was probably one of the worst candidates to become Matt Leinart's head coach. Sure he was the coordinator for a Super Bowl squad. Sure he knows how to manage a young quarterback. Arizona however, totally not the right personnel for Whisenhunt's style. They were probably better off hiring someone like Mike Martz or something like that.

I noticed. Whisenhunt loves to use the power backs and 10-15 yard passing to speedy, slot receivers. Lots of short outs and slants.

Arizona is a team that should be spread out, but Whisenhunt loves to keep formations tight and use the tight end and 3rd down back to minimize blitzing. Unfortunately, their offensive line is junk. Teams can blitz straight down the middle and not have to pay for it. So many of their passing sets are quick timing routes for smaller receivers. Arizona does not have those players, they're a big team that needs to get down the field.

If anything, Whisenhunt should have stayed in Steeltown and Tomlin takes the job in Arizona. Tomlin's cover 2 philosophy doesn't really work the the Lebeau 3-4 defense, but could work pretty well with the personnel they have in Arizona (sick safety in Adrian Wilson, penetrating d-line with Dockett).

Week 2 games:

Buffalo Bills @ Pittsburgh Steelers

Cincinnati Bengals @ Cleveland Browns

Indianapolis Colts @ Tennessee Titans

Houston Texans @ Carolina Panthers

San Francisco 49ers @ St. Louis Rams

Green Bay Packers @ New York Giants

Atlanta Falcons @ Jacksonville Jaguars

New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions

Dallas Cowboys @ Miami Dolphins

Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals

New York Jets @ Baltimore Ravens

Oakland Raiders @ Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs @ Chicago Bears

San Diego Chargers @ New England Patriots

Washington Redskins @ Philadelphia Eagles

I'm thinking Jacksonville is the best bet this week. They're not a particularly powerful team, but they'll beat the Falcons.

Guest Vitamin X

Chicago and Green Bay both look like excellent picks this week. With half the Giants injured and starting an inexperienced, 300 pound quarterback, and a terrible defense, Green Bay should be able to win their game comfortably, even with the offensive struggles.

And Kansas City might just be one of the worst teams in the league this year, I do believe. Chicago should annihilate them for their home opener.

I'm going with the Saints this week. Last week they just fell apart in the 2nd half (maybe Indy borrowed Matt Estrella for the game) and Tampa is still just terrible.