TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Soriano's Torn Quad

NFL Week 1 Paneled Basement Party & Chat

Because people hate their owners. The Pats having a likeable guy as the owner is helping here.

But I do agree that there would be less coverage, but comeon, one of the best teams in the league got caught blatantly cheating. If it was the Colts it would be the same.

Because people hate their owners. The Pats having a likeable guy as the owner is helping here.

This has been the top news story on pretty much every major sports news outlet for a few days, and Belichick, normally considered a deity around these parts, is being crucified by his own fanbase. Where exactly is Kraft helping?

Guest Gym Class Fallout
Everyone is looking for a reason to hate the Patriots and discredit their championship run.

I've never seen a fanbase that has an inferiority complex and a superiority complex at the same time.

This has been the top news story on pretty much every major sports news outlet for a few days, and Belichick, normally considered a deity around these parts, is being crucified by his own fanbase. Where exactly is Kraft helping?

He is helping because the franchise is gets their loveable mystic from him, because it damn sure isn't coming from their coaches or players.

That is why there are so many "it's bad, but its no big deal!!!" Type of thing.

If this was a Jerry Jones team people outside of Dallas would be advocating folding the franchise and drafting its players to other teams.

And yes, I have never in my life seen a fan base with more of a inferiority complex as the Patriots fan base. And ESPN fed into it.

:The Patriots, although they have won 3 super bowls still don't get respect. Lets go to our NFL panel of experts where all of them will felate the patriots for 5 minutes each, not one of them having a bad thing to say about them and all of them universally hailing them as the team to beat for the Superbowl, yet they still get no respect from....somebody..."

Everyone is looking for a reason to hate the Patriots and discredit their championship run.

I've never seen a fanbase that has an inferiority complex and a superiority complex at the same time.

I'm not part of the Patriots fanbase and I truly believe this. I get together with a group of people to watch football every week and I'd say the only team that is hated more than the Patriots is the Colts. I think a lot of people respect what they've done as an organization, but just don't care to see them in the spotlight anymore. That's just my take on it.

No one cares about discrediting their championship run.

I think the constant blowjob they got(deserved...they were making a dynasty there) with the added "they still get no respect" bullshit(completely untrue and got laughable after their 2nd Super Bowl, and was murder inducing after their third)

Every single year, every single playoff game, people would universally pick the Pats to win. They would do the panel on ESPN, talk about how the patriots get no respect and all 10 of their experts pick them to win every playoff game and the superbowl. That shit got annoying.

And add on to the fact that Tom Brady was the most overrated player in the league after their first superbowl(yes, overrated to Vick-ian levels), and 6 thousand "Aww shucks" video pieces on him made him as annoying as Peyton "I will sell anything" Manning is now.

Trust me i'm sick of the media too, for those and many other reasons. I'm just a fan of the team I don't give two shits about what the media thinks about the team.

And add on to the fact that Tom Brady was the most overrated player in the league after their first superbowl(yes, overrated to Vick-ian levels)

Now you're grasping at straws. The man has turned chicken shit into chicken salad on numerous occasions.

Thats not a straw. After their first super bowl he was indeed overrated. Now he has proven his ratedness since then, especially in the last two years, but the media and fans in general just pissed me off when they were pretending that the Pats won that championship because of brady and his quarterbacking and not because they had an incredible defense.

Have you seen his numbers from last season when he had a junkyard recieving corp to work with? The guy is arguably the second coming of Joe Montana, and I don't just say that as a Pats fan but an NFL fan.

He's arguing that Brady was overrated right after the 1st Super Bowl win, but ever since then he has grown into being one of the best QBs in the NFL.

Yeah, what he is saying.

The thing that annoyed me the most, was that they were one year removed form saying that the Ravens won the Super Bowl in spite of their offense and QB(s) but then the next year pretended they won because of Brady when his numbers were no better than Banks/Dilfer and the Ravens offense gained more yards.

Now since then, he has been pretty damn impressive and honestly I would take him before I would take Manning as the best QB in the league.