TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Soriano's Torn Quad

NFL Week 1 Paneled Basement Party & Chat

I just remembered what I hated about NFL... neverending commercials.

We need some more Peyton Manning Commercials..

"Laser rocket cannon arm.."

"D-CAFF!"

I thought for sure they'd be shoving him down our throats at a doubled rate this year..

Keith Olbermann is going to talk about "the worst person in the NFL"?

What idiot thought that stuff belongs on NFL TV? I hope the NFL has him removed from future broadcasts.

If I'm watching football, I don't want to know who the "worst person in the NFL is." Get that shit out of here.

I kind of like the premise of not just entirely coddling sports stars.

I like it too, I just don't want it on my screen during a game. That's what shows like NFL Live are for. I expect better from NBC anything not affiliated with the "Worldwide Leader."

Vikings v. Falcons

Dud its the Love Boat vs the Replacements if anything Norwood will be the star of the game.

Norwood will be the star? And that made sense in your head huh?

Guest Soriano's Torn Quad
Christ, do we HAVE to keep equating last year's Super Bowl with Martin Luther King and civil rights? It was a fucking football game!

As a Bears fan, I'll take the blame for this, as it was our fault that New Orleans couldn't be rebuilt. It could have, and then they'd talk about that, but the Saints lost a football game, so now New Orleans will never be rebuilt. Sorry. Probably for the better in the long run, because if Virginia Tech were to beat LSU in order to bring mass-murder victims back to life, all the progress would've been lost anyway.

Man that was an ugly beatdown the 2nd half. Consider that the only TD the Saints scored was due to Reggie Wayne's brainfart where he basically handed them the ball.

Fox, once again ramming Philadelphia down everyone's throat.

Carolina/St. Louis is the more interesting game, by far, but bah gawd Donovan McNabb! Knees! Momma! Opinions! TO? Andy Reid? Kevin Kolb? Paul Pasqualoni? Tim Couch? Sternum? NFC Championship? IF IT'S REMOTELY RELATED IT'S A REASON TO AIR THE GAME.

Not trying to be reactionary after just one game, but that should be a wake up call to all those in the media that thought New Orleans was going to steamroll through the NFC right to the Super Bowl this year. Good coach. Good offense. Lousy, lousy defense. The team was okay last year in a weak conference, but they aren't a powerhouse and they probably aren't even a guaranteed playoff team (altough they should be the best team in the weak NFC South).

Guest Vitamin X

Man, how about Indianapolis' defense proving itself tonight.

Maybe New Orleans is just not that good, or Indy really is going to have another great year.

Considering that the NFC's hype is behind the Bears, Saints, Seahawks, Cowboys, I think that the Saints is still the team to actually live up to the hype now if only they can fix the secondary.

Man, how about Indianapolis' defense proving itself tonight.

I'm not so much surprised about that, what I'm surprised with is that people thought the Colts defensive play in the playoffs was a fluke.

Once teams figure out a defensive formula and put together a couple great games with it, they usually maintain their defensive play for a long extent of time. Sure they don't have the flashier players in their linebacking corps and secondary, but they get the job done.