TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dobbs 3K

2007: Most disastrous year in WWE history?

2007 (I have not watched much but it does not take a genius to work out that John Cena is THE ONLY GOOD THING that WWE and the whole of wrestling has to offer right now)

I guess you watch absolutely nothing from Japan then.

Shit, I'm not even one of those indy fanboys, but there's still plenty of good stuff going on there, too.

2007 (I have not watched much but it does not take a genius to work out that John Cena is THE ONLY GOOD THING that WWE and the whole of wrestling has to offer right now)

I guess you watch absolutely nothing from Japan then.

Shit, I'm not even one of those indy fanboys, but there's still plenty of good stuff going on there, too.

I'd rather watch SHIMMER than John Cena, personally. Not only are a fair few of them good-looking, but the wrestling's better than most WWE these days.

Plus you get Amazing Kong. When you have someone weighing in at 'none of your damn business', that's a sense of humour I like.

I haven't been keeping up with ROH, but a friend of mine is intent on showing me more SHIMMER. Which I can't complain about, except that it's made me start up a women-only fed in EWR when I thought I'd rehabbed myself of that bloody game.

SHIMMER is cool, however, I would be cautious, as the pay sites like Clickwrestle and Slam can clean a guy's pocketbook out pretty fast. (Seriously, Slam, 25 dollars for a 30 minute match is BS, you can get two two-hour Shimmer DVDs with that money)

As far as the WWE having a disaster year, it probably was, but WWE is going to do everything to make you forget about it. You know, like they did with Benoit, and the part of the roster that was on roids, and the people fired this year who pissed off Vince at the wrong time.

Well, the pay sites are designed for people with women's wrestling fetishes, who do pay that much, as opposed to people who happen to like women's wrestling.

Seriously.

Yeah, I've announced a bunch of women's matches for one big site that caters towards that market. Besides just being creepy, it's expensive as hell. They charge like $40 for one tape with only three or four matches on it.

ROH hasn't been interesting me as much lately. It's still good, but I just don't like their new crop of talent as much as the old crop (Erick Stevens, Davey Richards, Morishima, Rocky Romero). The Briscoe, Danielson, and Nigel are still keeping me watching though.

I will say Cena is neck and neck with Matt Hardy as best wrestler in the WWE to me. You could put him in a match with Rory McAlister and it would get people paying attention to the match.

See my only problem with Matt Hardy is, and I will admit he's been interesting with the MVP rivalry, that after he lost the Mattitude gimmick he became very boring to watch. I'm glad he's finally found something to spark that little extra something in him again. I think he's very capable, but he seems to need the right thing to get going.