TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball 9/16-9/23

Guest Gym Class Fallout
Oh man, I can't believe Marquis is the guy we have to rely on if Game 163 is necessary.

Anyone was gonna get knocked around today, given the conditions.

I think he'll go to Oakland.

I don't think that Oakland would be able to afford him. The Angels are the best fit, but I don't think the owner would entertain the idea of bringing him on board. After that, it's hard to imagine where he'll end up. Like last year, no one will want to be the first to start negotiations,but by the end of offseason someone will get desperate for his bat.

Bonds has done a decent job of improving his image in the past 12 months. Now that the home run chase is over, I think most of the heat is off of him. He's dealt postively with the media, made the right remarks and been clean, at least by MLB standards. Someone will take a chance, and they should.

I'm not as down on Bonds as most; I wouldn't mind seeing him in Detroit. They did bring in Sheff this year to fill the DH role but he got banged up and overall there was still a lack of power on the team this year despite the number of runs scored.

I'm not as down on Bonds as most; I wouldn't mind seeing him in Detroit. They did bring in Sheff this year to fill the DH role but he got banged up and overall there was still a lack of power on the team this year despite the number of runs scored.

2nd in the AL in slugging this year

2nd in the AL in slugging this year

You're right about that; I've just been listening to too many Detroit fans complain about the reduced number of HR's from LF, 3B, and 1B compared to last year. Still, I wouldn't have a problem with Bonds on the team if he's a good fit baseball-wise.

Oh man, I can't believe Marquis is the guy we have to rely on if Game 163 is necessary.

Anyone was gonna get knocked around today, given the conditions.

That'd be true if Marquis had been giving up flyballs that landed in the basket. I watched key parts via MLB TV later on and he was just getting lit up. Lots of frozen ropes and nothing really aided by the wind. He's certainly been better than what we could have expected, but I still don't like the prospect of their playoff hopes hinging on his arm.

I don't think I've ever seen a pitcher swear as much as Roy Halladay coming out of tonight's game against the Yankees. Had the complete game win in the bag and had an error behind him put the tying run on base. He was beyond pissed.

Guest NYankees

HOLY SHIT!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!1 HOLY SHIT!!!!!. Yankees come back from being down 4 runs in the bottom of the ninth to tie the game.

Halladay hasn't won on the road since the end of JUNE. And it's not liked he's pitched poorly, either. Shitty, shitty luck, and the Jays are so giving the Yankees the division.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Horrible loss by the Braves to keep the Brewers 1.5 back, magic number at 8. That was a real slam-shit-in-frustration game, as they kept Hudson in too long (that web gem from Diaz was the clear sign that Tim's day was done) and let that Arch Hall Jr.-lookin' motherfucker beat them.

Oh how I wish they didn't restart the Mets/Marlins game tonight forcing me to watch Mota attempting to preserve a four run lead.

They better not call the mets game with the way they are playing they still could easily loose it.

I was looking at the standings the Braves are not doomed to finish third in the division. They ain't dead yet. They are 4.5 out of the division, the Mets are imploding, and the Braves play the Phillies three times. If they can keep winning, it's not impossible that they make the playoffs. It's by no means probable, but it certainly can happen.

Guest Smues
Horrible loss by the Braves to keep the Brewers 1.5 back, magic number at 8. That was a real slam-shit-in-frustration game, as they kept Hudson in too long (that web gem from Diaz was the clear sign that Tim's day was done) and let that Arch Hall Jr.-lookin' motherfucker beat them.

Yeah that sucked. There was a guy sitting behind me yelling "Don't take him out this is his game to finish!" after I think ever batter he faced starting in the 6th inning, and even in the 8th after he'd lost the lead and was clearly done for the night he was yelling "No no nooo you keep him in nooooooo"