TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 9/20 - 9/22

Florida will drop a few spots for not winning by blowout, right?

It's possible with Oklahoma's win last night and West Virginia smashing East Carolina today. However, I'd only expect them to switch with Oklahoma if they did drop at all.

While U of L did lose Akoye on the D line, there's something else going on here. Petrino basically took all the coaching staff with him to ATL, and I heard something like we've now got former special teams coaches running the defensive line. Stuff like that.

The past 4 games have essentially erased 5 years worth of building.

Wofford is leading Appalachian State 28-24 to start the 4th quarter and North Dakota State is beating up on Central Michigan 30-14 with 5:00 left in the 3rd quarter.

A lowly MAC team damn near beats Nebraska, while the defending conference champs are getting whacked by an FCS team. And it finally looks like CSU will win a damn game.

#5 North Dakota State has a chance to move up to as high as #3 thanks to the 44-14 thrashing of Central Michigan.

There's game number 7 (with apologies to Western Kentucky fans for my early screwup).

Well if he kicks another field goal here they beat the spread...

Is it safe to say Michigan just owns Penn State? Even if Michigan isn't quite as bad as they looked the first two weeks this still seemed like the perfect opportunity for Nittany Lions to end the losing streak but they still can't get it done.

Is it safe to say Michigan just owns Penn State? Even if Michigan isn't quite as bad as they looked the first two weeks this still seemed like the perfect opportunity for Nittany Lions to end the losing streak but they still can't get it done.

I think that is a fair statement considering that Michigan has won the last nine games the teams have played. I don't know why Joe Paterno can't seem to overcome the Michigan demon but he just hasn't been able to shake it. Big win by Michigan, though, because it keeps alive their chances of having a shot at the Big Ten championship.

Notre Dame looks to be headed to 0-4 which makes me laugh.

Wake scores on the first possession in OT and now leads 31-24 keeping my hopes alive in the Bored Pick'em!

Sick run by McFadden through the horrid Kentucky run defense to score and put Arkansas up 20-7 after the extra point.

Nice come from behind win also today by Wake Forest 31-24 over Maryland in OT. Wake trailed 24-10 heading into the final quarter and had to score with seconds to play to force the OT period.

A few half time scores...

San Diego State is beating Jerry Glanville's Portland State 35-14.

Grambling State is also beating up #23 Alabama A&M 17-6.

#19 Western Illinois is tied with Stephen F. Austin 13-13.

The stars of North Dakota State offensively were QB Steven Walker: 25/30 for 261 yards and 1 TD and RB Tyler Roehl: 30 carries for 143 yards and 3 TD (5, 33, and 4. All came in the 2nd half). The defense had 2 interceptions off Dan LeFevour.

LOL @ Casey Dick. Arkansas has the best rushing attack in the world and Houston Nutt can’t even find a halfway decent QB (then again when has Arkie EVER had a good QB under Nutt?)

Actually, Nutt ran off Guz Malzahn (offensive coordinator who runs the no huddle spread offense that Nutt said "won't work" in the SEC), Mitch Mustain and Damian Williams (who are now at USC) because he's an egotistical douche.

Wow, congrats to UK tonight. It's obvious at this point that last week's game is going to send U of L and UK in separate directions this year. UK now should be about 8-4 on the year, and that's if they lose all the tough games they have left (SC, LSU, FL, UGA). And really the SC and UGA games are at least sorta winnable, though on the road.

I'm seriously worried U of L is headed towards 2-10 this year. If we can lose to the Cuse, who on the schedule can we possibly beat? Maybe NC St. but that's about it.

Louisville can still beat some teams if they play decent defense OR their offense blows the doors off the opposition.

That being said, they aren't beating the couch-burners from Morgantown or Rutgers barring a miracle.

They can still beat:

NC State (poor team this year)

Utah (Outside of the UCLA game, they've disappointed.)

U-Conn (Their record is bolstered by wins over poor teams like Duke, I-AA Maine, Pitt, and Temple.)

Pitt (They look poor when playing BCS league competition like Michigan State and U-Conn.)

Why does two winning seasons mean Rich Brooks turned around the Kentucky program? That's assuming they have a winning season this year.

Taking Kentucky from SEC cellar-dweller to a likely 2nd consecutive bowl bid is fairly impressive considering these guys were on probation in the last decade thanks to Hal Mumme.

It's not a miracle-worker job like making Duke or Baylor competitive, but it's fairly good for an SEC team.