TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

WWE Folder sucks dick

It appears more busier now that threads are basically individualized rather than clustered into one mega thread. That must be the grand improvement. It's like Russo getting excited about 1.2 ratings.

So since I'm actually reading this thread for ideas and such, let me see if I understand your point. The thread is busier and has more active topics than before. That's the complaint?

No. I'm making a good natured joke. I'm saying the difference is noticeable because you're separating what would be a tidbit in General Discussion last month into individual threads, but when you put it all together, nothing seems to change.

I don't exactly have a good track record with starting threads no matter what the folder, but I appreciate the compliment.

I should also point out that since it's Dandy and you making threads, it invites more smarter posters to get involved rather than seeing some schmuck making a thread titled "TNA INVASION?!"

That's not the case at all at least for me personally. I don't care who starts a thread, if the topic interests me, or I see something worth debating I'll post in it.

While getting rid of general discussion was a good idea, I really don't think suddenly making cheech and dandy mods did that much. They took over right around Wrestlemania and when Flair retired, where discussion would be at its peak anyway. Let's see what happens in the dog days of summer.

I do think cheech has done a good job though. Anyone's better than HTQ though

Bob, I'm not sure if this will make a difference to your thinking I am so unqualified or not, but I have been sending ideas to Cheech and he to me since before I was made a Custodian. I have very limited powers and so does he. We are not running around trying to flex our mod powers or anything, and we are trying to facilitate better discussion in an easier format. I will continue to do that, and if that keeps you up at night, perhaps you could stalk a cast member of SNL and then whine about everything at two separate forums. Thanks.

Bob, I'm not sure if this will make a difference to your thinking I am so unqualified or not, but I have been sending ideas to Cheech and he to me since before I was made a Custodian.

It really doesn't, no. I don't think the wrestling folder needs more than one mod and I don't really agree with the way the mods were chosen. Simple as that.

We are not running around trying to flex our mod powers or anything, and we are trying to facilitate better discussion in an easier format.

Good for you!

perhaps you could stalk a cast member of SNL and then whine about everything at two separate forums. Thanks.

Oh tag!

So one thing that worries about the changes is people (Engima, Mecca, maybe others) making a thread over one piece of wrestling news, over and over again. I have a bad feeling that Engima and Mecca will be normal thread starters, and what I mean, is that someone will take some type of small rumor, then start a thread, then will find another piece of news, and start another thread over that, then so on and so on.

So one thing that worries about the changes is people (Engima, Mecca, maybe others) making a thread over one piece of wrestling news, over and over again. I have a bad feeling that Engima and Mecca will be normal thread starters, and what I mean, is that someone will take some type of small rumor, then start a thread, then will find another piece of news, and start another thread over that, then so on and so on.

It hasn't happened yet, and I have no intention of letting it happen. I've already deleted one Enigma thread and I have no qualms about doing it again.

The folder didn't need multiple mods, it just needed a mod who was HERE on a more consistent basis. Not a slight to either Cheech or Dandy, by the way, I just don't see what was so out of control prior to the current regime. It's not the folder that sucks, it's certain posters that suck.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Everyone can only change their names once in a certain time frame.

So, everyone seems to be up in arms about this whole Scott Keith thing. Let me explain a bit. We wanted to try adding a Q&A session to the board to liven things up a bit. The goal is give posters a chance to interact with wrestlers or insiders.

The reality is Dave Meltzer is not doing it. Neither is Paul Heyman. In fact it's difficult to get anyone. Scott may have a questionable background in some ways, but I was under the impression that would make for an interesting chat. The guy has written close to a half-dozen wrestling books and his newest one is on Benoit (a hot topic around here).

It's going to be difficult to get anyone else to do this now. I'm sorry that I tried to offer something new.

But isn't this the forum where a bunch of yall went to war with Scott Keith... Even putting his head on hitlers body?

I thought people would be over that after 6 or 7 years. Guess I was wrong.

And, yes, Scott Keith started this site. He also went to war with it. Is that not interesting? Wouldn't those issues make for a lively chat?

Not that I have a problem with the idea, but did you guys expect posters here to be all excited about a Q&A session with a man who is ridiculed here?

I appericate the effort you guys are putting in, but Scott Keith isn't excatly the best choice for a 1st person to start a Q&A session here, especially considering his history with the forum.

Wouldn't those issues make for a lively chat?

Yes it does, which is why I support the Q&A session... But I'm just saying, others might not be all that excited for it. You can't expect people to, considering Scott Keith has been away from the internet scene for many years, and isn't well liked here.