TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NYU

24 -- Season 7

In honor of TMC - I finally feel like 24 has jumped the Shark. I can't take it even remotely serious anymore, they may as well insert a 80's Sitcom Laughter track to the fucker.

The amnesia in the first season is the only downside to an otherwise fantastic season.

I still like the show but to be honest, it jumped the shark years ago. I stick around for the action and Jack Bauer one-liners. The stories are so far out there it's impossible to take seriously. I'm disappointed in this season though. I was really hoping for Jack/Tony for longer. Evil Tony looked great.

I agree. Tonight was a fun, action-packed episode. It's always cool seeing Bill Buchanan in the field, and alongside Jack and Tony made it ten times cooler.

And awwwwww, the terrorist is fitting in by dating the waitress at the local coffee shop. My real reaction, however, is, what the hell?

That waitress is sure in for a surprise. Either Dubaku kills her or she gets tortured for information by a desparate Jack or Tony (or Renee?).

Shooting supplementary material after episodes have already been filmed and finished yields some interesting results, such as Jack neglecting to mention at any point in 7 hours that he was previously in Sangala and actually saved a bunch of kids from these warlord d-bags. You'd think they could have afforded one day of reshoots.

I noticed those too.

So, the more I think on it the more I hate the whole "Dubaku is posing as a regular joe" twist.

1) The way they revealed it made it seem like it was meant to be a huge revelation and it fell flat

2) Does that idiotic waitress not watch the fucking news?

Maybe they're going for the "most American's don't know or care what's going on in Darfur MAAAAAAAN!" angle and don't feel that an african warlord would be easily recognized by most of the idiots on the street.

Although I was bothered by him telling Funny Looking Secret Agent "Do not kill him, bring him to me" on a train with people sitting right behind him. Little things like that bother me.

The episode last night was pretty awesome. I definitely wasn't expecting Henry Taylor to get shot. You just had to laugh at the awesomeness of Jack's response to the President's initial unwillingness to trust Jack: "With all due respect, ASK AROUND."

According to next week's preview, the FBI mole will be revealed. I thought it was just going to end up being that SWAT agent from the first few episodes, but I guess not. Considering we only know five FBI agents at this point, I'm assuming the reveal is supposed to be someone "big" so we can all say, "OMG ___ was the mole all this time!" I'll predict the girl Sean is sleeping with if only because anyone else would be really dumb. That said, I wouldn't be completely shocked if it's Moss.

There's a lot of dark comedy in the whole 'Dubaku is evil, but posing as a nice guy for girlfriend' storyline.

Next week: Dabaku attempts to set off a nuclear bomb, threaten the president of the united states AND go on a romantic dinner with his girlfriend! Dabaku might be able to get away with killing millions of people, but can he get away with forgetting he and his girlfriend's six month anniversary? Stay tuned for an all new 24!

I absolutely hate this Dubaku subplot.

I'm supposed to believe that this crazy genocidal maniac is going to take time out of his busy day conquering America to deal with the crippled sister of some girl he occasionally fucks when he comes to America? Give me a fucking break.

I absolutely hate this Dubaku subplot.

I'm supposed to believe that this crazy genocidal maniac is going to take time out of his busy day conquering America to deal with the crippled sister of some girl he occasionally fucks when he comes to America? Give me a fucking break.

Hey, genocidal maniacs are regular people too. I'm sure even Hitler got distracted from trying to take over the world sometimes by Eva Braun's tantrums and girly shit.

The Dubaku/girlfriend stuff is very dumb, but I'm willing to look past it if it ends next week, which it looks like it might. I've been really enjoying this season, otherwise. Besides, it seems that almost every season of 24 must have its own small, dumb sub-plot: Season 1 had amnesia, Season 2 had Kim Bauer vs. the Couger/secluded Johnny Drama, Season 3 had Chloe bringing the baby into CTU: BUT WHOSE BABY IS IT REALLY!?, Season 4 had Driscoll's crazy daughter, and Season 6 had CTU setting up a sting operation via help from a retard. I am drawing a blank on Season 5's, if it exists.

Maybe I was just really tired...but i really enjoyed last nights episode. It's the first one that's really clicked for me in some time. I actually got into some of the tension they were trying for. hopefully we get some more of that.

Yeah, same here. I really liked the first two hours of the season, but since then it seemed to slip a bit for the most part. But last night's episode really worked.....Keifer was ripping up all kinds of shit last night. Classic Bauer!

Billy Walsh is the mole after all.

That look at the end. Fuck. The butcher of Sengala, indeed.

And I hope they make a detour and cut the fucking crippled sister's head off. "Hey you, FBI, take care of her." Fuck you, bitch.

Was this the first 'new' episode (shot after the writer's strike)? Jack mentioned being in Sengala, plus there was a bunch of stuff introduced (Chloe at the FBI, the President's daughter, Bill in change of the President's security, Aaron and Morris being there).

Billy Walsh being a mole seemed so obvious at the start of the season, that I figured he wouldn't be. Pretty meh episode, especially after last week's action.

But hey, the streak lives! Aaron Pierce, seven seasons in a row!