TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyBlaze

Big Bang Theory (CBS)

At the end of July I went to Vegas with a group of friends and a couple of us were walking through the MGM. We were able to be part of a focus group that saw a preview of the pilot and give our opinions. It was very very funny and well done. From what I understand some of the things have changed, but it was a great show.

Yeah, I'm definitely giving this a shot. Premiere is at 830 tonight for all interested. At worst it will be better than listening to tony k drone on and on about new orleans.

I remember going to a focus group for Everybody Hates Chris in July 2005 at MGM. Someone wrote "it should be funnier".

I had never heard of this show but I see it's on between Met Your Mother and 2.5 Men, so why not.

Guest Smues

When my friend was in Vegas a long time ago his focus group viewing wasn't so fun, he got stuck watching Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.

Second episode was a lot better.

I have a friend i've made watch the show (Mainly because we will never miss an episode of HIMYM!) and although he didn't really enjoy the first one, this one got quite a few laughs.

(And me being the comic book geek I am, enjoyed the Superman convo and Green Lantern reference)

Second episode was a lot better.

I have a friend i've made watch the show (Mainly because we will never miss an episode of HIMYM!) and although he didn't really enjoy the first one, this one got quite a few laughs.

(And me being the comic book geek I am, enjoyed the Superman convo and Green Lantern reference)

The superman bit was gold...i really enjoyed the second episode. A definite improvement over the pilot.

"That scene was full of scientific inaccuracy"

"Yes... I know men can't really fly"

"No, let's assume that they can.... (followed by metal arm + velocity of fall rant)".

Pure gold.

I think this is a fantastic show. I usually hate shows with a laugh track, other than Seinfeld, but I think this show is awesome. Sometimes a regular ol' sitcom cracks me up.

CBS has finally done it...making me like a show with laugh track...how dare them. 3rd ep pretty funny as well.

It's apparently only perceived as a laugh track (they are offering tickets for studio audience tapings). Maybe the early episodes had a track, though.

Anyway, last night's episode seemed to be the weakest of the season, but Sheldon's mom was a good character.

I expect the full cast of Roseanne to guest star on an upcoming episode of this show.

Well, the guy who played Mark died a couple years back. Goodman will do anything, so that could be interesting.

I thought The Cheesecake Factory was a fast food place at malls? Maybe Penny got a new job or I'm mistaken.

I could be wrong but it looks like the "3rd floor" was given a new "Out of Order" sign on the elevator to set it apart from the caution tape on 4th and 2nd. Adds some realism, I like it. Anyhow, this show continues to be my favourite new series.

Well according to wikipedia I am confusing The Cheesecake Factory with something else. I've never been to one but I thought there was one in a mall when I was on vacation somewhere. Maybe not.

"The Cheesecake Factory offers an upscale casual dining experience, complete with a full bar, whose lavish decor includes limestone floors, decorative columns, hand-painted fabrics, contemporary lighting, and cherry wood trimmings.

Its extensive menu includes over 200 selections, including appetizers, pizza, pasta, seafood, steaks, salads, sandwiches, etc. Its featured dishes include Chicken Madeira, Miso Salmon, Cajun Jambalaya Pasta, and The Factory Burger."

So perhaps Leonard and Sheldon were enjoying BBQ Factory Burgers.