TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball 9/24-10/1

Sure is cool how I can't watch any of this game. Not Maine's terrific performance, not the Mets' offensive explosion, not the brawl between the two teams. Thanks FOX!

Marlins color guy is a total douche fuck. For whatever reason, the fact that Jose Reyes is laughing makes him an idiot. He went on a total tirade. He sounded like Reyes had personally offended him or something, he was screaming and shit.

What a gem Maine pitched. I do hope it's not too little, too late.

The Mets are determined to make this dramatic up until the absolute last day of the season.

Shit, Rollins got picked off on Chico's 50th attempt.

I will be bringing this sign for the season finale tomorrow, dunno if I'll take it in or not:

My

Entire

Team

Sucks

Damn, if this was football this game would most definitely fall under the "trap game" category.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

With the Cubs having improved from 66 wins to 84+, having been drastically retooled from Hendry's initial vision of the team in April to what you see now, and accountability replacing "i dunno, dude," is Lou Piniella the NL Manager of the Year? I can't really attribute the same success to the other managers that are in consideration.

No way, managers in the NL have more wins with far younger staffs and far less money thrown around than the Cubs. They have under-achieved, IMO, and Pinella, despite bringing them back from the graveyard in the middle of the year, should be held responsible for their lack of success early on. D-Backs manager, whose name is escaping me, is the NL MOTY, followed by Charlie Manuel, who could also win.

Manuel is similar to Pinella in that his team underachieved with a high payroll, but he dealt with far more injuries.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

That doesn't make them more effective managers. Piniella should be held accountable for the team after he retooled it, because the Cubs with DeRosa at second full-time, Izturis, Soriano in center, and Wade Miller was Hendry's vision of the team, and what we see now is Lou's. It's been such a drastic change.

I can't give it to Manuel. I thought everyone wanted him fired for the last three years.

Is Manager of the Year "manager of the overachieving team of the year" or is it "manager to whom we can attribute the best contributions to his team's success"? Strictly rhetorical Q, obv.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

I think he will, but he shouldn't. The Diamondbacks won more games than they should have. To what extent is Bob Melvin visibly responsible for this?

Even though Lou's temper tantrum had nothing to do with the turnaround in and of itself (rather, the suspension allowed him to observe the team from a distance and make the necessary changes), most sportswriters are the kind of drooling idiots that think he "inspired the troops" by kicking dirt, so that'll be good for a few votes.

ROWAND says "RE-SIGN ME!" but the damage may be done.

This Philly crowd blows, BTW. Glad I didn't stand in line to be there. Last year was the hot crowd game of the year, edging out the insane 11-10 comeback Mets win from a month ago ('til tomorrow).

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Strange turn of events in Milwaukee, as the Padres blow a save to

Tony Gwynn

Yeah, they never bother sticking the "Jr." on the end of that.

That game's goin' to extras. I'm watching it very closely, since a Padres loss means there's still a possible Wild Card safety net for the Mets and Phillies.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

From the perspective of a douchebag Cub fan, who should win this game? Brewers?

I'm actually pulling for the Brewers, since I'd rather have to face the Phillies or Mets over the D-Backs. It sounds crazy, but for whatever reason, the Cubs are just horrible against Arizona.