TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
In Credible

LIFE

Basically if you don't know the show is about a cop who was framed for murder and sentenced to life. 12 years into his sentence evidence if found that exonerates him. He gets a large settlement from the city as well as a job as a detective. While he was in prison he basically had every bone in his body broken at some point and once was cut so badly he needed over 200 stitches. He got through the 12 years by studying the art of Zen and is now using it to be a good detective.

Pretty interesting show, a different take on cop dramas for sure and I like that he is also working on a larger case (his own) while solving others. I get the feeling they pitched it as HOUSE in a cop show.

I enjoyed it...I basically explained it to someone else as House meets a cop drama. Which is pretty much what it is.

The only issue I had, is I think him being a genius for this stuff and his weird comments might get old...But it was a good pilot. The end was very good with him studying his self-created evidence/whodunit wall.

I'm enjoying it a lot, too. I didn't see the 1st two episodes, but I remember in one when his partner was shown just in a bar and let her hair down and asked a guy to buy her a drink. Then in this last episode, she just has a pint of something in her pocket for the drunk before he goes into the grandy jury. Think there's something there with her being an alcoholic? Also, she is REALLY great looking.

A friend of mine works on this show. It's a good one for sure. He's like a House type character with his idiosynchrosies, but not so much bitter, as positive. It's a good twist. I like it.

I'm enjoying it a lot, too. I didn't see the 1st two episodes, but I remember in one when his partner was shown just in a bar and let her hair down and asked a guy to buy her a drink. Then in this last episode, she just has a pint of something in her pocket for the drunk before he goes into the grandy jury. Think there's something there with her being an alcoholic? Also, she is REALLY great looking.

She's supposed to be a recovering addict / alcoholic. That was why she got paired with Damian Lewis, because she was in the doghouse and nobody at the department likes him.

She is really pretty. I think the actress who plays her used to be a NFL cheerleader.

Is anybody still watching this show?

Sarah Shahi was fantastic in the final scenes, both with her assailant and leaning on Crews. the girl is not only gorgeous but she can act.

I'm curious about where Reese fits into Crews' conspiracy web.

I guess I'll be the first one to comment that I thought this was a thread about The Eddie Murphy/Martin Lawrence movie of the late 90s.

I thought this was a thread about that Martin Lawrence film.

How ironic

I guess I'll be the first one to comment that I thought this was a thread about The Eddie Murphy/Martin Lawrence movie of the late 90s.

I thought this was a thread about that Martin Lawrence film.

How ironic

Damn, I thought this thread was about the board game and was unintentionally put in the wrong forum.

Let's get back on track, here. I thought the last episode had some great moments, but the Larson character busting out a mask whenh he got into the apartment and the fact that he was "so smart" but didn't think to bring up the fact that he had a gun pointed at him followed by a psycho rant from the girl to try and derail her testimony.

And I REALLY don't like the cheif "Cruz, not another word..." during his interruption of the wacky webcam show had me boiling. shut up, bitch, he was saving your ass.

Looking forward to next week.

I thought this last episode, although well put together and well acted, was a little weak in its reveals. I understand that they didn't want to jump in deep to why Reese is on "The Wall" (i.e. save it to build to a conflict later), but it almost seemed like it was unnecessary at this point. Also, the final scene in the bank was a little bit too much cheese for me.

Otherwise, a solid episode. Any series that can throw an Xbox into the mix (a modded one at that), make it relevant, and not crap all over it gets a plus from me.

Another thing, and I think about this each week when I see it, this cast is perfect with their extra little pauses, and smirks and facials. Damian Lewis' extra beats, or little extra look at someone while they are talking are examples of the perfect subtleties that make this show awesome.

Show was decent save some campy moments like Olivia busting out a song and those 2 just camping out all night just because he ran out of gas. Agreed with BOOBSHAW(!!!) that the bank scene was pretty over the top. Speaking of boobs, holy hell the chick who lays Olivia is STACKED. It seems unreal and is quite the distraction during any scene she's in.

Show was decent save some campy moments like Olivia busting out a song and those 2 just camping out all night just because he ran out of gas. Agreed with BOOBSHAW(!!!) that the bank scene was pretty over the top. Speaking of boobs, holy hell the chick who lays Olivia is STACKED. It seems unreal and is quite the distraction during any scene she's in.

I think she made a couple of appearances in Firefly. I'm glad she found another gig. Hopefully her role stays for a while. She needs to be on my TV (among other things...) every week.

Agreed it was a good episode. I really think they could stretch some of these stories out to 2 weeks, though. They pretty much have nothing and then it all comes together in the last ten minutes. I thought it was cool that Ted ditched the wall when he heard the warrant had been issued. I wonder if Charlie will reconstruct it. Get ready for some heavy tension between Dani and Charlie now...

I have no words for how good this episode was. It's all related

Life will be airing on Monday after Heroes in December

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- NBC's "Life" is getting a special post-"Heroes" showcase next month.

A two-part episode of the series will kick off on Monday, December 3 at 10:00/9:00c before concluding in its regular time period on Wednesday, December 5 at 10:00/9:00c.

The former installment will have the "Heroes" "fall finale" as its lead-in.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7501

I hope this is because NBC finally realizes they have a winner on their hands and wants to get as broad a viewing audience as possible. In other words, they're rewarding Life for doing a good job in the ratings.

Yeah another really good show here, definitely went away from the normal abc cop show story on this one.

I'm looking forward to Charlie having to fight the case against him. Also the show has used pretty solid music to build on scenes so far.