TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Divisional Series Thread

What the hell is wrong with you! So you scratched and clawed your way to the top of the NL Central only to see your team blow everything in a matter of three games. So what if your major three hitters on the team ended up with a whopping zero RBIs! Who cares that your team has now become the joke of the Windy City again...and the other city team didn't even make the postseason! GET OVER IT! The only thing worse for a Chicago fan than putting ketchup on his hotdog would be to stop watching the 2007 Playoffs just when it's getting good! There's only one October! TO THE TV!

Guest Gym Class Fallout

New York has prodced a lot of great comedians, but none of them are posting in this thread.

Guest Smues
6 outs away.

To be fair, the Phillies should NOT be the ones counting the outs.

9, but thanks for playing.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
You're distraught so I'll give you a free pass on this one, Czech.

Hey, my grandparents have waited this long, what's another year.

I'm more frustrated that someone is banning me on Soulseek for trying to download the new Nellie McKay album. What a stupid thing to be a dickhole about, right?

Guest Gym Class Fallout

And another thing! I was down in Libertyville today because I heard there was a used record store going out of business, and everything was $2 for 5, $5 for 10. Turns out only the punk and metal was! This Comic Book Guy motherfucker says "everything else is as priced because I haven't priced the other stuff yet."

"But the sign says Used CDs (prices as I just said up there)"

"Well they probably will be, but I won't get to that for at least a few more weeks."

"Well if they're used CDs, why do they need to be priced if you already said (prices)?"

"There's some stuff I can get rid of here, and other stuff I can get rid of elsewhere and make more."

Maybe this is why his store is going out of business. Also, I overheard that he's moving to Cincinnati to start a film festival there. I guess the Lake County Film Festival didn't turn out well for him. Good luck. So I paid 12 fucking dollars for some bootlegged mixdown CD-R of Zaireeka, and then some stupid-ass New Age thing I found lying on the floor called "Reinhard Flatischler's MEGADRUMS: Layers of Time." I wouldn't have bought this shit if I had to pay more than 5 dollars, but I did buy said shit, and did pay more than five dollars (21! the fuck!) because I figured that since I drove all the way out to fucking Libertyville, I might as well come home with something. So ehre I am, back 20 bucks + gas, with a CD I'll never listen to and another one I won't even hear as intended. Then I come home and watch the Cubs fail to show up to another game and get bounced in the shittiest trio of games I've witnessed since...well, the Marlins sweep, I guess. So that's six months well spent. I guess it was a fun ride and all, but for there to be such little payoff is dismaying. I mean, there's not even anything to add to Cubs lore here. They just got in as the worst team of the eight and played like it; that was it. Now the Cubs have to figure out some way to keep pace with the Brewers so that it's not six years with no hope of ever contending.

Guest Smues

Did the Frank TV ad just make fun of the Dane Cook ads? While I fully endorse that, that's probably not the best move for TBS.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
Did the Frank TV ad just make fun of the Dane Cook ads? While I fully endorse that, that's probably not the best move for TBS.

Did it? I'm done watching baseball for the year. I think this is a great move. We should have dueling overexposed spots.

"OH MY GOD! I CAN DO LOTS OF IMPRESSIONS AND STUFF! I'M A BAMF! THERE'S ONLY ONE COMMERCIAL YOU'RE SICK OF! THERE'S ONLY ONE OCTOBER!"

Guest Smues

Did it? I'm done watching baseball for the year. I think this is a great move. We should have dueling overexposed spots.

"OH MY GOD! I CAN DO LOTS OF IMPRESSIONS AND STUFF! I'M A BAMF! THERE'S ONLY ONE COMMERCIAL YOU'RE SICK OF! THERE'S ONLY ONE OCTOBER!"

I don't know who Frank was impersonating (Al Pachino?) but he was goofing about "Wait, are there two Octobers?"

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Mik is reading this thread. Do you, Mik, like Dane Cook? Honest Q. Answer honestly.

I bet if the Mets had somebody like Kaz Matsui playing second for them down the stretch then they wouldn't have just floundered offensively. If only they could get players like that...

Guest Smues

Oh Jesus Christ. They just had a Frank TV ad where he sings take me out to the ballgame, the whole thing, rotating through his different impressions. Yes it was just as bad as you imagine. Yeah that'll sell the show. HAHA GEORGE BUSH FORGOT LYRICS HAHA DR PHIL IS BALD HAHA.

Oh and this is game is quite enjoyable. 1-1 in Colorado of all places, with the leagues highest scoring offenses, go figure.

Guest NYankees

Other than the Yankees winning the World Series and Joe Carters walkoff homerun, this is my favorite memory in Baseball History. I can picture Al in a fetal posistion crying.

Guest Smues

When I saw Resident Evil 3 on Thursday night before the movie they showed the full length of that song I love this town, and while it played they hyped the playoffs on TBS with lots of baseball clips. I mention this because the Dodgers and Mets got a lot of the screen time. Oops.

Oh Jesus Christ. They just had a Frank TV ad where he sings take me out to the ballgame, the whole thing, rotating through his different impressions. Yes it was just as bad as you imagine. Yeah that'll sell the show. HAHA GEORGE BUSH FORGOT LYRICS HAHA DR PHIL IS BALD HAHA.

I much prefer Frank's standup routine to Dane, but I'd rather watch a series of Dane's "quick turn to other camera" than another one of those Frank commercials

Other than the Yankees winning the World Series and Joe Carters walkoff homerun, this is my favorite memory in Baseball History. I can picture Al in a fetal posistion crying.

Tough luck. I'm perfectly calm and composed right now.

I'm tired of hearing Dane Cook talk about the drama of the Red Sox and how Vladdy doesn't have a ring yet. I'd rather have that than the Frank commercials though.

Disappointing that after all the worry about the pitching, it was the Phillies' hitting that failed in this series. Still, congratulations to the Phillies on a wonderful 2007 season. The Rockies are on a HELL of a run right now. If they played in Boston there would be books written about it. They're a fine team and I look forward to watching them in the NLCS.

Guest Smues

Rockies win 2-1. I always like when a series is won at home. More excitement from the crowd. What an amazing job this Rockies team has done. A huge late surge to get into the playoffs capped off by a 1 game playoff, and now a first round sweep.