TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Divisional Series Thread

Referring to Cheech, one of the problems was that the Twins did NOT trust their young starters, instead wasting starts on re-treads like Sidney Ponson. The alternative is instead giving that rotation spot to Kei Igawa or Mike Mussina. Is that really any kind of good solution? I say if three of the five best starters are Kennedy, Hughes and Chamberlain, let them pitch.

Listening to XM Radio, again the usual bullshit thrown around is that they're not a TEAM. No, the big problem was that they had a three-man rotation and one of those guys was too injured to pitch. No team is going to win a championship that way.

Here's my handy Why This A-Rod Home Run Doesn't Count Chart:

Innings 1-3: Too early, no pressure

Innings 4-6: Meaningless middle innings, no pressure

Innings 7-9, team behind: Too little too late, no pressure

Innings 7-9, team ahead: Piling it on, no pressure

Yanks today have a bunch of pitchers that are both inconsistent and injury prone, at least young guys have a chance to improve. That's been their MO for years, old guys past their prime and constantly breaking down, or else injury-rehab projects who are a total roll of the dice.

The strange thing about these Yankee teams is they are always scrambling for parts. Always finding some stop-gap reliever or starter or first baseman.

Compare that to the Red Sox, who are remarkably consistent. They have their front-line guys and then a handful of steady backups who can step in when needed. With the Yankees it's "ZOMG who is going to pitch, catch, play first and right field today? Quick find somebody!!"

Yanks have way too much money tied up in guys who can't stay on the field. One fragile vet is fine but a whole team of them is not.

I would imagine that they probably priced themselves too high. It's a high-capacity stadium, and Arizona is the one place where you can go elsewhere this time of year for your baseball fix.

Guest huss
I would imagine that they probably priced themselves too high. It's a high-capacity stadium, and Arizona is the one place where you can go elsewhere this time of year for your baseball fix.

I've checked both teams sites, similar prices for seats not close to the action. Arizona is charging out the ass for good seats compared to the Rockies.

If Arizona can't even give a shit about their own team, how am I supposed to be expected to?

Perfect example: For most other teams, heck especially even 8 years after the fact, Todd Pratt would be forever known as Todd F'N Pratt for his homer to win the 1999 NLDS for the Mets over the Arizona Diamondbacks. In fact, there haven't been too many other villains in DBack history on that level.

Anyway, in August of 2000 Todd Pratt is starting a game for the Mets, filling in on a Mike Piazza day off, and when he gets announced he got essentially no reaction! And this was before the 2001 World Championship year! That was still the only postseason series in Diamondback history at that point and the guy who should have been lustily booed for ending their season ended up getting a "Uh, okay, guess Piazza isn't playing today." reaction.

Guest Fat Spic
Are there ANY Rockies/Backs/Indians fans around these parts? It'll be a quiet post season from here on out. Although the Mets fans will probably make irrational and poorly executed shots at the Red Sox for no discernible reason.

Leena was harassing me on AIM about "Douglas Davis" and "Christopher Young," but I think she's pretending to be a Dbags fan just as much as everyone out there. Geedorah said he likes the Rockies when they're good. I think one person here likes the Indians; I forgot whom. I suggest that we treat this NLCS like homosexuality in Victorian England: just pretend it's not there and don't talk about it.

Fuck you. I'm a real fan.

Lolz, you blocked me after that. I love the Cubbies.