TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Divisional Series Thread

After the press conferences, it's Wang/Byrd tomorrow, and Joba is available tomorrow. I'm confident for tomorrows game, but then again I thought Pettite/Burkett game 6 at the Stadium in 03 was a lock too, so who knows.

Fuck those fucking bugs. I don't care what anyone says the Yankees win game two without those motherfucking bugs.

The bugs were attacking Carmona, too. But he still pitched through it.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Fausto must've made a deal with the devil to pitch through those bugs!

Here's something. The Rockies/D'backs NLCS will be only the third league championship series contested between two expansion clubs. The others were the 1982 ALCS (Angels/Brewers) and the 1986 NLCS (Mets/Astros).

Here's something. The Rockies/D'backs NLCS will be only the third league championship series contested between two expansion clubs. The others were the 1982 ALCS (Angels/Brewers) and the 1986 NLCS (Mets/Astros).

I actually was going to look that up. Is this the one with the youngest teams in terms of years in the league (Colorado's been in for something like 12 years and the D'Backs have only been around about 10, I think)?

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Everyone except the following are expansion teams:

Cubs, Cardinals, Braves, Dodgers, Reds, Giants, Pirates, Phillies

Yankees, Red Sox, Orioles, White Sox, Twins, Tigers, Indians, Athletics

82 ALCS (Brewers/Angels), 85 ALCS (Royals/Blue Jays)

82 ALCS (Brewers/Angels), 85 ALCS (Royals/Blue Jays)

1982 ALCS (Milwaukee/California)

Everyone except the following are expansion teams:

Cubs, Cardinals, Braves, Dodgers, Reds, Giants, Pirates, Phillies

Yankees, Red Sox, Orioles, White Sox, Twins, Tigers, Indians, Athletics

Clearly the AL teams are expansion teams since they came ~20 years after the NL teams.

Everything post-1960 is expansion. To simplify for the mentally retarded.

The AL teams were part of what I call, "the growth period." Then we had a period in which no new teams came about, then expansion. There's a difference.

17 years is a period? Then wouldn't it have been a "period" between the M's and Blue Jays and the Rockies/Marlins?

If we want to get technical, every current team is an expansion team besides the Braves since the next current MLB team's first year was 1874 since anything added after the original teams at the start of the league would be considered expanding the league from a technical standpoint.

I just happen to disagree with stating a team like say the M's or Jays who have been in the league for 30 years is an expansion team if and would be referred to as such if they played in the WS at this time.

17 years is a period? Then wouldn't it have been a "period" between the M's and Blue Jays and the Rockies/Marlins?

If we want to get technical, every current team is an expansion team besides the Braves since the next current MLB team's first year was 1874 since anything added after the original teams at the start of the league would be considered expanding the league from a technical standpoint.

I just happen to disagree with stating a team like say the M's or Jays who have been in the league for 30 years is an expansion team if and would be referred to as such if they played in the WS at this time.

I did not intend for it to be an insult. The 1986 NLCS featured without question the greatest clinching game of all time. The 1982 ALCS was very good, decided by one run in the deciding game. I missed the 1985 ALCS, that again was a very good series.

"Expansion" to me quite simply describes teams added after MLB elected to add more than the 16 original franchises that carried the leagues for sixty years. One way to change the definition is to say teams after the latest expansion cycle, which would include no such series.

Oddly, there has never been a World Series between two expansion franchises.

Guest Smues

If the Yankess make the ALCS Roger Clemens will have to stay in George's box I guess. He's off their roster and ineligible for the ALCS.

I still think its gonna be Cleveland losing to another 93 expansion team in the WS.

How great would a Cleveland/Colorado WS be?

*crickets chirping*

I think it would be fantastic.

I still think its gonna be Cleveland losing to another 93 expansion team in the WS.

*crickets chirping*

Im sure there would be good games, but from a National standpoint, any WS not featuring the Red Sox (or yankees) is going to be a ratings disaster for FOX.

*crickets chirping*

Im sure there would be good games, but from a National standpoint, any WS not featuring the Red Sox (or yankees) is going to be a ratings disaster for FOX.

Fortunately, I don't own stock in Fox. And the success of Survivor, Fear Factor, well just about anything on television indicates that the average viewer is a fucking idiot.

Guest Smues

*crickets chirping*

Fortunately, I don't own stock in Fox. And the success of Survivor, Fear Factor, well just about anything on television indicates that the average viewer is a fucking idiot.

Amen