TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Divisional Series Thread

Guest Smues
Well the racial slur gives me a reason to toss NYankees for 24 hours.

Chien-Ming Wang sucked. That is an indictment of his ability, not himself.

Damn just as I warned him but with no suspension, I wanted to see him blow up if they lost. Oh well, it's like booting Dama before an OU loss, for the better.

"Expansion" to me quite simply describes teams added after MLB elected to add more than the 16 original franchises that carried the leagues for sixty years. One way to change the definition is to say teams after the latest expansion cycle, which would include no such series.

That's what I always interpreted it as.

Oddly, there has never been a World Series between two expansion franchises.

Not too suprising given the lack of success the expansion teams have had. The most successful are probably New York in the NL and Toronto in the AL. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single expansion team that has more than two World Titles.

Meanwhile, I believe each of the original 16 have at least one, with the Phillies being the last to win.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
GREAT JOB CHIEN MING WANG SUCK DICK CHINC GOOK.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOA

you all might get a kick out of this:

By Ben Grossman Broadcasting & Cable, 10/8/2007

Could Joe Buck be the next name to enter the late-night world?

Fox is considering a weekly, half-hour late-night show hosted by its lead sports personality. The network's entertainment division just quietly completed a pilot for the show in New York.

The format currently under consideration would include both interviews and comedy and be set in front of a small studio audience.

A network spokesperson declined to comment.

Indians, 4.

Yankees, doesn't matter 'cause they're not tappin' the Beeze.

Edited by NYU

GREAT JOB CHIEN MING WANG SUCK DICK CHINC GOOK.

To think a bunch of computer geek white boys are using the term CHINC GOOK Please.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

thank you al what a lot of trolling going on. How dare you, Slayer

I don't think that pitch hit Shoppach, I don't know why the announcers said it did for sure. It sounded like it hit the bat, it looked like it hit the bat, and his hand was not the slightest bit red or bruised.

These two-out dinks are crazy. This is what the Yankees have done the past few years though, totally collapsed with their pitching.

I don't understand why they used Joba and Mariano last night. I know you want to win one game at a time but at least make the Indians make it close before you blow your top relievers. This game looks bad, even if they can come back who do they have in the pen? Mo for an inning, no Joba, no Hughes.

Edit: Stop cheating Shoppach!!

Guest Smues

So they just finished the 2nd inning. I thought the start time of this game was 3:30, but that can not be right. What time did this thing start?

So they just finished the 2nd inning. I thought the start time of this game was 3:30, but that can not be right. What time did this thing start?

About seven minutes after. The New York Yankees just can not play a f!#%&ing game efficiently.

Guest Smues

About seven minutes after. The New York Yankees just can not play a f!#%&ing game efficiently.

So it seriously took almost an hour and a half to play 2 innings? Christ. And some people WANT a Red Sox/Yankess series? If this series is any inidication Game 1 of that series would take as long as the entire NLCS.

His first at-bat was terrible, he swung at an OK pitch, then didn't swing at a fat pitch right down the middle, then did swing at a high pitch. It does seem like he randomly decides before the pitch is thrown, which is especially absurd when facing a guy that throws 80.

I know that in baseball you can have a good at-bat and get bad results but he is just not having good at-bats, he is having really bad at-bats. He just looks terrible. Whatever the opposite of "dialed in" is.

I really hope Torre doesn't get fired if they lose this game. Seriously, is it his fault that in 3 of the 4 games, his starters didn't last 5 innings, and in 2 of 3, his starters didn't last 3?

I

I really hope Torre doesn't get fired if they lose this game. Seriously, is it his fault that in 3 of the 4 games, his starters didn't last 5 innings, and in 2 of 3, his starters didn't last 3?

I

Uh, yes.