TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Divisional Series Thread

Fuckin' Angels. Time to trade K-Rod. So many damned blown saves and a high ERA.

I love when guys like Trevor Hoffman, Billy Wagner and K-Rod get shit on by their fans. You could have Joe Borowski closing out your games, you know.

Guest Smues
Fuckin' Angels. Time to trade K-Rod. So many damned blown saves and a high ERA.

IP: 383 1/3

B: 164

K: 510

ERA: 2.37

And he's 25. Yeah I'd sure want to trade him too.

Guest Smues
He's a pretty good closer but he blows saves a lot.

In his full seasons as closer:

45 for 50

47 or 51

40 for 46

Hang him high!

Why not walk both of them and pitch to Lowell?

Because even a sacrifice fly would win the game. I would walk both and risk it, but I can see the logic in not doing that. However walking Ortiz just to get to Manny?

They had Ortiz at the plate with a man on second, first base open, two out. Ortiz's OPS is 150 points higher against righties than against lefties. You can afford to issue a walk if you want a better matchup. Manny Ramirez is a great hitter, but his numbers are down this year and he's a righty. And really, you only need a cursory glance at the stats to see that Ortiz was a MUCH more dangerous hitter this year. Why not Lowell? His performance was just as good as Manny's this season.

The Angels were in trouble and went with the most favorable matchup they could. A Hall of Famer delivered a big hit. It's not Mike Scioscia's fault, and it's not a case of K-Rod choking. A good hitter came up big.

Wouldn't walking Manny have loaded the bases as well? That would just throw K-Rod from the frying pan to the fire.

I don't think anything will come from this, but boy, Manny sure did take a long look at that HR.

Guest Smues
"It's a pivotal series."

Yeah Dane, that's kind of how a playoff works.

He doesn't get paid the big bucks for nothing.

Oh wait

So, is anybody at all planning on watching "Frank TV"? I was under the impression that promo commercials were supposed to make you WANT to watch something. The promos for "Frank TV" not only make me not want to watch that show, but they also make me not want to watch postseason baseball on TBS so I don't have to see the same five or so unfunny commercials fifty times an hour.

If it wasn't so much fun watching and listening to the ever increasing frustration of the Wrigley crowd, I'd not watch at all just on general principle.

"Frank TV" is going to be another one of those TBS original shows that lasts a month before getting canceled. The guy isn't that funny on Mad TV, but they're going to give him his own show? OK, then.

There is such anguish in being a Cubs fan. Three straight walks. Based loaded, one out, down by 2 runs. You get it up to a 3-1 count....and you hit a double play, now stranding 9 runners in only five innings so far.

See, I feel for Cubs fans. That was just painful. Mets-level painful.

Cubs rolled over and died in this series. Least the Brewers might have tried to fight and win a game. The Cubs? Nah, wait til next year!

So which line from the FrankTV ads is going to be this year's "He's risking his father's life who is the district attorney in a cold heartless man's world"?