TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Divisional Series Thread

The games look and sound fine to me, I don't get all the bitching here. No stupid shit like scooter. Some of you will complain about anything.

There were some problems with the sound that made the crowd completely overpower the announcers. It's like they can't find the right balance.

The picture on TBS in HD is awesome, but theres definitely a sound problem related to crowd noise, its wierd but Ive seen the same thing sometimes on ESPN games before..

We don't get TBS-HD here yet, but they were showing the Cubs/D-Backs game on TNT-HD for a while earlier, and it indeed looked and sounded great here. I'm not having the sound issues others are mentioning.

For some reason the picture here on the standard TBS feed is rather crummy, though.

I just realized that the combined age of the Yankees starters for round one is a astounding 145 years. Clemens clocks in at 45, Wang 27, Pettitte 35 and Mussina is 38.

Al, any idea what the oldest combined age for playoff starters is in MLB history?

If you're talking a team's rotation, you'd have to make a distinction between three, four, five man staffs. Either way I don't think anyone has kept track much.

The games look and sound fine to me, I don't get all the bitching here. No stupid shit like scooter. Some of you will complain about anything.

There were some problems with the sound that made the crowd completely overpower the announcers. It's like they can't find the right balance.

The picture on TBS in HD is awesome, but theres definitely a sound problem related to crowd noise, its wierd but Ive seen the same thing sometimes on ESPN games before..

We don't get TBS-HD here yet, but they were showing the Cubs/D-Backs game on TNT-HD for a while earlier, and it indeed looked and sounded great here. I'm not having the sound issues others are mentioning.

For some reason the picture here on the standard TBS feed is rather crummy, though.

Directv added "TBS in HD" (correct name of the Channel..ugh) last week but you're not missing anything. Only stuff in HD is baseball and Bill Engvall. Everything else is stretched to make people look fat.

on AIM, Czech and I made wisecracks about a Rockies-DBacks NLCS a couple weeks ago... never thought it could be a reality though

Guest Gym Class Fallout

They might just want to pre-empt that for Andy Griffith reruns, they can bill more for that.

Sometimes I wonder why I couldn't have been alerted to the Cubs' illustrious history of being terrible before I was hooked as a fan.

I wasn't expecting much, but the overwhelming belief that Cubs were taking this series got me thinking positively. I guess it'll be a NLCS with a lot of white guys and Jorge Julio. Or Julio Jorge, depending on who gets to call the game.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

I hope it's Julio Jorge. Jorge Julio sucks, he's awful. Julio Jorge is really good.

cabbageboy is in the thread; get ready to mop up the drool.

Given how they've been hitting, a DBacks-Rockies NLCS has the potential for some good high scoring games

Unfortunately I'm worried about a situation like the last two WS where one team seemingly forgets how to play and so the whole series turns to ass

Guest Gym Class Fallout

I think I feel worst for Ron Santo in all of this. The Cubs mean more to him than they do to me, or my family, or any of us, really. I mean, he was still finding joy in the Mets choking down the stretch this year. Poor guy. Oh well, this year was a colossal waste of time. I'd rather just have the Indians or Red Sox win now, I guess. Whatever; I won't watch once the Cubs get bounced on Saturday.

Anyone else surprised that Marvin is complaining about HD TV?

Complaining? I have more HD than I know what to do with now that Directv has added like..20 HD channels in the last 2 weeks. At least Im able to watch the DS rounds in HD this year.

No series is over until a team wins three games. Winning three in a row is certainly not out of the question for either the Cubs or Phillies.

What a crappy postseason though. Six games so far, and only one (D'backs/Cubs game one) has had any sort of drama whatsoever.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

I agree. Total letdown on the National League side. The only positive I can find so far is that my series is shifting to Chicago for Saturday's game. No more stupid pom-poms for Dick Stockton to jack off to, or ribbon-banner LED screens imploring us to MAKE SOME NOIZZZE, or that stupid fucking rattle sound. It sounds like God is taking a leak.

Yeah, those darn modern LED ribbon boards are why the Cubs are losing the series.

Pissing in a trough and having concrete fall out of your stadium's roof are what baseball is about, dammit.

I was just thinking about the Diamondbacks and the potential for the next few years.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they win multiple world series titles. Their lineup is young and scary good. A full year of development for some of these guys is going to mean a lot and Justin Upton isn't that much now but he's supposed to be the best of the group. And he's 20.

It's kinda nuts that they are so successful now because they could be scary in 2 years.

Okay non-Yanks/Sawx fans, time to jump on that Indians' bandwagon with me. They are our only hope.

I'm VERY happy that the Indians won. And decisively.

I want them to sweep so bad.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
Yeah, those darn modern LED ribbon boards are why the Cubs are losing the series.

I didn't make a causal relationship between the two, but that's okay, keep proving that you're a tard in every aspect of this community.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
I was just thinking about the Diamondbacks and the potential for the next few years.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they win multiple world series titles.

Nobody's in a position to win multiple titles in our new-fangled parity era. If you think this bunch of guys can do what only the Yankees have done since the strike, then you've gotta be fucking kidding me. Drew's probably for real, as much as I hate to admit it, because I wish no success on any Drews (except you, Slayer), but come on, don't kid yourself. In a just world, the Dodgers curbstomp these guys in 2008 and the whole thing is forgotten about. They'll probably contend, yeah, but there aren't going to be any dynasties anywhere any time soon.

Okay non-Yanks/Sawx fans, time to jump on that Indians' bandwagon with me. They are our only hope.

I'm VERY happy that the Indians won. And decisively.

I want them to sweep so bad.

I like you now although I'm kinda hoping that series goes 4 games with Cleveland winning. That way if the Sox sweep the pitching match-ups at first will slightly be in their favor.