TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Divisional Series Thread

I don't even know what to say after that game.

It definitley was the 4th most heart breaking frustrating game I've ever seen.

Fucking son of a bitch. This series isn't over with Byrd and Westbrook coming up, but I wouldn't be suprised to see Wedge pull a Bob Brenly circa 2001 and start CC on short rest if the Yanks win game three.

FUCKFUCKFUCK.

Nothing warms my heart in the dead of winter like Boston Red Sox fans treating one of their best players as completely disposable.

Unless it's New York Yankees fans treating their best player as completely disposable.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
Nothing warms my heart in the dead of winter like Boston Red Sox fans treating one of their best players as completely disposable.

Unless it's New York Yankees fans treating their best player as completely disposable.

Oh that too!

Guest Smues

"In 2004 the World Series homefield was still alternating by year"

Wrong. 2003 started the THIS ONE COUNTS, NO REALLY IT DOES! bullshit.

Good job announce crew.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Good job announce crew.

ugh some people will just complain about ANYTHING

Guest Smues

Good job announce crew.

ugh some people will just complain about ANYTHING

It's because THIS ONE COUNTS!

Okay non-Yanks/Sawx fans, time to jump on that Indians' bandwagon with me. They are our only hope.

I'm VERY happy that the Indians won. And decisively.

I want them to sweep so bad.

I like you now although I'm kinda hoping that series goes 4 games with Cleveland winning. That way if the Sox sweep the pitching match-ups at first will slightly be in their favor.

I'm from Ohio so they're one of the few teams I can really get passionate about. And I hate the Yankees, so it'd be really satisfying if Cleveland swept. I'd have loved for it to be Cleveland / Cubs in the Series (cause Chicago is the other team I can be passionate about) but that's not going to be happening. I just hope the Indians can pull it off, I don't want to see the Yankees go any further and I will be disgusted if they lose to the Saux too. Those two are probably the teams that I hate the most. I'm going to stop caring about this postseason altogether if it's Saux / NY again, unless somehow the Cubs pull off a miracle comeback.

and thus ends our new found friendship :(

Of course I want to see the Red Sox in it but if they don't make it then as a baseball fan I'd want it to be Cleveland. In preffered order I'd like to see one of these choices come to fruition

Sox/Cubs

Sox/ Rockies

Indians/Cubs

Indians/Rockies

I hope this doesn't turn into another A-Rod choke story because he had a great AB against Carmona in the 9th and just got beat inside. It didn't look like a choke. It's not like anyone else was handling Carmona all night.

I hope this doesn't turn into another A-Rod choke story because he had a great AB against Carmona in the 9th and just got beat inside. It didn't look like a choke. It's not like anyone else was handling Carmona all night.

The blame should go on all the hitters, Mostly Posada and Matsui, they've both been awful. Oh, and the gnats.

I don't want to use the word 'crushing' because I still like our chances heading back to NY, but man that was a disappointing loss.

About the bugs, the umpires should have held the game to let the grounds crew at least attempt to deal with it. That was ridiculous and it obviously had a direct impact on the outcome of the game. There's apparently a precedent for games at Jacob's Field being delayed due to problems with bugs too. It's water under the bridge now, but that really could have been handled better.

I'm not going to get on A-Rod's case, and I hope the Yankee Stadium crowds don't either, but if he doesn't make something happen in the next two games there's going to be a full scale mutiny.

I will complain about Torre. First of all I have no idea why Giambi didn't get the start at DH in this game, and didn't even get a fucking at bat!! Absolutely and completely fucking unbelievable. He kills right handed pitching and had a homer off Carmona the one game he faced him, not to mention he's the 2nd most dangerous hitter on the fucking team and we're paying him $20 million a year. Matsui is nursing an injury and in the middle of a terrible month long slump, you gave him the start last night and he didn't do shit (and speaking of that Matsui was hitless in his career against Sabathia). Not only that, but YOU BAT HIM BEHIND A-ROD!!! WTF?!?! Fucking retarded and indefensible on Torre's part.

The other thing that bothered me was bringing Pettitte back out in the 7th. He'd been getting in jams every inning and you had to think that was going to catch up to him, and if it did you knew you were going to Joba, and considering that he'd been used almost exclusively as a guy who came in at the start of innings and had little experience with inherited runners, that might not be the best position to put him in. Thanks to Joba we were fucking lucky to get out of that inning, but bugs aside, it might have cost us in the 8th with Joba being put into an unfamiliar situation like that where he pitches in a high pressure situation, sits, then comes out again. I understand that Pettitte hadn't thrown a ton of pitches and he's the ace of the staff, and I'd like to give Torre a pass I guess, but I really had the sense that he'd been lucky to have gone 6 unscathed and that they were going to the well one too many times, and this kind of shit has happened too many times with him and Gator to ignore it.

Done venting. Suzyn Waldman is going to have a thousand orgasms on Sunday.

I have the game on mute now but during the one game playoff he sounded borderline retarded at times.

He's the worst sideline reporter I've seen in awhile and that's saying a lot.

Also, I hate that moustache.

But at least he's not in the booth this year.

And I like this quote from his wikipedia entry: "Mota considers himself beloved in the greater Latin American and Hispanic communities".

Doing rough addition via Gameday, there's been about 300 pitches thrown tonight between both teams.

For a guy with one functioning eye, Garrett Anderson is seeing the ball well tonight.

Edited by KingPK