TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact spoilers for 10/25

Dark Match:

*TNA Knockouts champion Gail Kim defeated a female foe. Her name was hard to make out.

Impact:

*Kurt Angle tries to apologize to Kevin Nash and get him to be at ringside with him. Nash promises to be at ringside to watch Angle get his a** kicked.

LAX & The Steiners defeated TNA Tag Team champions AJ Styles & Tomko and VKM.

*In a Fight for the Right Tournament bout, James Storm pinned Eric Young.

*Havok vs. Petey Williams vs. Shark Boy vs. Sonjay Dutt ended in a no contest when Team 3D hit the ring and laid out all four.

*Kurt Angle defeated Sting to regain the TNA championship. Sting had Angle in the Scorpion Deathlock and pointed at Kevin Nash. Nash went to interfere but Sting hit him while he was on the apron. There was a ref bump. Angle nailed Sting with the Olympic Slam and a second referee, Earl Hebner, came out to count the pinfall. Angle acted as if he was happy with Nash, then flipped him off and left. Heber and the original referee Rudy Charles argued. Jim Cornette said he was going to review the decision.

*Awesome Kong pinned Angel Williams.

*They announce Jim Cornette will make a ruling before the end of Impact.

*Junior Fatu defeated Robert Roode after Samoa Joe's interference. Christian Cage did commentary.

*Jim Cornette announces that Angle is indeed the new champion and at the Genesis PPV it will be Angle and Kevin Nash vs. Sting and a partner of his choice with the winner of the fall winning the TNA title.

Xplosion:

*Ron Killings & Rhino & Chris Harris defeated XXX. Rhino and Harris teased tension.

Havok vs. Petey Williams vs. Shark Boy vs. Sonjay Dutt ended in a no contest when Team 3D hit the ring and laid out all four.

Man, what the fuck.

*Jim Cornette announces that Angle is indeed the new champion and at the Genesis PPV it will be Angle and Kevin Nash vs. Sting and a partner of his choice with the winner of the fall winning the TNA title.

Is David Arquette available?

Edit: Wait, what am I saying? It's David Arquette, of course he's available. What else could he possibly be doing?

I just read that Arquette might actually be making his TNA debut, and that he wants Fairplay as his manager. I hate to say it, but TNA just pissed away two good pay-per-view main event with this impact.

Edit: Wait, what am I saying? It's David Arquette, of course he's available. What else could he possibly be doing?

Courtney Cox.

If Sting's partner was someone like Chris Harris and Chris Harris was the one to win the title and the belt...I forgive them. But whoever the partner is...it better be someone young. And they had better win.

Wow, I can't believe they flipped the title back. I really think they've run all the feuds with Angle that could possibly be interesting. With Sting, there were at least a couple of ways to go. Even if they did put someone like Harris in there and push him to the title, most likely they'd have him win by pinning Nash, who has no rub left to give.

LoL...

- TNA is apparently talking to former WCW World Heavyweight champion David Arquette. Arquette called Jonny Fairplay about managing him. -Wrestlingobserver.com

Fuckin TNA - the shit with Angle/Sting is awful. Why couldnt they have just did Sting/Christian and Angle/Nash and left it alone with the rest of this shit? Typical TNA bait and switch swerve bullshit with Nash mad at Angle, then helps him win back the title, and they are friends. So they are having the world title on the line in a tag match?!! Why not just make it a four way?

Seriously, I can't think of a more clusterfuck scenario out of that rematch than what they did. I'll take a swing and say either Jarrett, Booker T, or D-Lo Brown will be the mystery person.

ARGGGG

Fuckin TNA - the shit with Angle/Sting is awful. Why couldnt they have just did Sting/Christian and Angle/Nash and left it alone with the rest of this shit? Typical TNA bait and switch swerve bullshit with Nash mad at Angle, then helps him win back the title, and they are friends. So they are having the world title on the line in a tag match?!! Why not just make it a four way?

Seriously, I can't think of a more clusterfuck scenario out of that rematch than what they did. I'll take a swing and say either Jarrett, Booker T, or D-Lo Brown will be the mystery person.

ARGGGG

To be fair, Angle tricked Nash as well. So, this will probably end up as 4 way match anyways.

To be fair, Sting is rumored to be retiring at the end of the year so maybe they just wanted to give him another title as a thank you gift. Depending on how it goes, this concept could work. I'm all for a Nash-Angle feud. I just hope TNA doesn't fuck it up.

Okay, let's review the bullshit TNA has done here. 1. At BFG Joe beats Christian and hands Christian his first loss in TNA. The next night, Joe just jobs right back. 2. Sting beats Angle for the belt at BFG. Then tonight he jobs it right back. Talk about making your PPV utterly meaningless within 2 days.

Also, this crap of having the belt in a tag match is some bizarre Nash fetish. There was a WWF IYH PPV in 1995 with him teaming with HBK against Owen/Yokozuna (but really Bulldog). Then the big debacle in WCW with him teaming with Sting against Macho/Sid. Why do various promotions keep doing that shitty concept when it clearly sucks?

Guest heat
1. At BFG Joe beats Christian and hands Christian his first loss in TNA. The next night, Joe just jobs right back.

Where does Joe job back?

1. At BFG Joe beats Christian and hands Christian his first loss in TNA. The next night, Joe just jobs right back.

Where does Joe job back?

10/18 Impact

Christian Cage b Samoa Joe to get into the title tournament (assumed spot to fill from the Sabin/Shelley NC) when Styles, Tomko and Roode all interfered, and Roode clocked Joe with a chair. What's the point of having Joe end Christian's win streak if you're only going to reverse it and make it meaningless

I seriously bet Nash proposed this "world title on the line in a tag match" idea to Russo, Angle, Jarrett or whoever the fuck is in power in TNA right now. As has already been mentioned, back in 95 when Nash and Michaels had political stroke, we got world/ic champ v. tag titles match, and then when he was booking WCW god awful in 99, this exact same idea happened w/ Nash/Sting v. Sid/Savage. Give me a fucking break, they are using a Kevin Nash booking idea?!!

With that said, we get mystery man pinning Nash to win the title, and Angle/Nash apparently builds heat or something. And Sting probably just fades out to job to Joe or Christian in December in a number one contenders match or something.

The fucking confusing issue here is the fact that the setup is for Christian to win the tournament for a title shot, which would theoretically come around this ppv. They just should have left the belt on Sting, went with Christian/Sting for the belt next ppv, had Sting go over, and lead to Sting/Joe next. The simplest ideas make the most sense.

I could see Joe being Sting's partner and "stealing" the pinfall

from Sting to win the title. Could set up a Sting/Joe match and

a Nash/Angle match. It wouldn't make sense to have yet ANOTHER

title change this close to oneanother, but TNA apparently doesn't

believe in long title reigns.

Courtney Cox.

Divorcing Courtney Cox.

I could see Joe being Sting's partner and "stealing" the pinfall

from Sting to win the title. Could set up a Sting/Joe match and

a Nash/Angle match. It wouldn't make sense to have yet ANOTHER

title change this close to oneanother, but TNA apparently doesn't

believe in long title reigns.

I will be shocked if Joe is the mystery partner. My impression on Joe is that if they do ever give him the belt (which is a big if) they are going to burn it for a good long while - it just seems so two steps forward, five steps back in his push. I don't get how throwing him in feud with Robert Roode (who can't even get the best of Eric Young these days) makes any sense whatsoever.

So much for the fresh start of things after BFG.

I Sting retiring at the end of this year?

Courtney Cox.

Divorcing Courtney Cox.

He has nothing going for him.

I admit I don't follow the goings on very closely, but wasn't Nash's deal (after that X-Division burial) to just be an alleged comedy figure, either as a mentor or a psychiatrist (?) and not an active main eventer?

I admit I don't follow the goings on very closely, but wasn't Nash's deal (after that X-Division burial) to just be an alleged comedy figure, either as a mentor or a psychiatrist (?) and not an active main eventer?

Nash recently stated, in some interview, that he's in better shape, physically, then he's been in his entire career, and requested to have one more run in the ring, to see "if he still has it". All I want to see of Nash is his sick powerbomb, and not much else. I'll give credit where it's due though, in 2005, he and Jeff Jarrett put on a pretty good PPV main event (I think it was the one where Billy Gunn debuted for TNA).

Althought it will most likey be on backstage stuff, but wheres the follow-ups to the Team 3D/MCMG fued? And are they going to build up a match between LAX/AJ and Tomko?

Nash recently stated, in some interview, that he's in better shape, physically, then he's been in his entire career, and requested to have one more run in the ring, to see "if he still has it". All I want to see of Nash is his sick powerbomb, and not much else. I'll give credit where it's due though, in 2005, he and Jeff Jarrett put on a pretty good PPV main event (I think it was the one where Billy Gunn debuted for TNA).

I do recall that not being bad. Man, the days for when I had a good enough friendbase of wrestling fans interested in ordering WWE and TNA PPVs. One friend and I kinda made fun of those Jarrett vs DDP/Nash matches because one of them had Mike Tenay make the call "DDP is a Stroke away from losing this match". Old people humour is funny. I actually think the call was more "If JJ hits the Stroke DDP is done" and not as directly indirectly (?) funny as our version of the call.

*Ron Killings & Rhino & Chris Harris defeated XXX. Rhino and Harris teased tension.

Why is Ron Killings with Rhino and Chris Harris? Did I miss something where he turned face again?