TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Smartly Pretty

Dumbledore Takes It Up the Albus

http://www.newsweek.com/id/50787

Crap that doesn't matter

In front of a full house of hardcore Potter fans at Carnegie Hall in New York, Rowling, sitting on the stage on a red velvet and carved wood throne, read from her seventh and final book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," then took questions. One fan asked whether Albus Dumbledore, the head of the famed Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Witchcraft, had ever loved anyone. Rowling smiled. "Dumbledore is gay, actually," replied Rowling as the audience errupted in surprise. She added that, in her mind, Dumbledore had an unrequited love affair with Gellert Grindelwald, Voldemort's predecessor who appears in the seventh book. After several minutes of prolonged shouting and clapping from astonshed fans, Rowling added. "I would have told you earlier if I knew it would make you so happy."

Other crap that doesn't matter

Unrelated joke: Dumbledore should have rode around on a time machine broom called a Dumbleorean.

I'm still convinced that Harry Potter fans are lunatics.

I hate people. I think it's cool that Dumbledore is gay; I don't see how this information warrants several minutes of applause. So he's gay, BFD. I find it 100 times more interesting he had an affair with Voldemort's predecessor.

He's gay? I was too busy not caring about the sexual preferences of fictional characters to notice.

She wasn't allowed to read them because they contained witchcraft, but she did find some HP slash art for me (funnily enough, none of which contained Dumbledore). I'm pretty sure that was her... I mean, who else would have found slash art for me?