TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Perfxion

All Time songs you hate the most

With the list of worst songs of 2007, I seen alot of tracks that people hate than what is pure crap. Some go into both fields but I rather see a list of songs that just make you want to run up and punch someone in the face. Also add a quick why you hate such songs.

5: "Summergirl" by LFO: Lyrics make no sense, song makes no sense, over played. And to top it off, people like this bull shit.

4: "Believe" by Cher: Not that bad of a song for Cher, but jesus christ if this song was on in excess. Like 2000 more times than it need be.

3: "Informer" by Snow. Besides only understanding the line "like you boom boom down" this song is just crap. Plus people trying to pretend this shit was rap and played it on the radio like crazy. I swear this song makes me want to walk up to him and kick him in the nuts.

2: "Bling Bling" by BG f/ Lil Wayne, Baby, and Manny Fresh. Bad enough that it is a stupid song. But it but "bling" into the lexicon, and got old people saying pretending to be hip. Jesus Christ everyone shut the fuck up. Its a stupid saying, and a stupid song. Even MTV went along and said the saying was dead in 2002. But that didn't stop people from keep using it.

1: "My Heart Will Go On" by That Bitch. This should win the most over played song of all time. Worst song in my opinion because it is dumb. I heard that song so many times that I really want to go on a killing rampage. It does need to be said that it was made worse because of the dumb movie. People crying their eyes out on a fake love story about bunch of people on a sinking boat. Plus what made this song even more annoying was that people in school at the time are trying to say its the best song ever.

Guest Smues

I'll need some time to figure out what I hate the most all time, but I do know Summergirls is right up there, and "Bills, Bills, Bills" by Destiny's Child is near the top as well. Sure they've produced much worse since, but that was the first one I heard, and it caused me the most pain.

'Informer' by Snow is awful, but it's one of those songs that is hilarious in it's awfulness so at least I can find some perverse entertainment from it.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Your all-time list is basically restricted to 1998-1999, if I'm not mistaken. And fuck you, the lyrics to "Summer Girls" are great.

Barenaked Ladies- "One Week". Hands down, the song that irritates me the most. It's a garbage nerd anthem, that rap portion is atrocious, and it brings otherwise suppressed high school memories bubbling to the surface.

Also: The Kid Rock-Sheryl Crow duet, "I Put Your Picture Away." Particularly the "I WAS SPOSED TO DRINK YOU AWAY..." outburst about halfway through.

Shania Twain's "That Don't Impress Me Much." Basically anything with a speaking or rapping interlude. "Rockabye." There's a piece of crap.

Any of the big songs from Alanis Morrissette or Shrimp Bizkit

My elitist dislike of popular music from the late 90's/early 00's (which would have resulted in a long list if you asked me this c. 2001) has largely abated to apathy now, however anything by those two still manages to incite a fair degree of antipathy

Nothing Compares 2 U (Sinead O'Connor) - Makes me want to go on a killing spree.

A Family Affair (Mary J. Blige) - I do not understand what the lyrics are supposed to be. Just super-annoying, plus the fact that it was ridiculously overplayed.

Jenny From The Block (Jennifer Lopez) - I hated this one instantly. Pretty much from the first note.

"Centerfield" by John Fogerty is the one that immedietely comes to mind. And I love CCR and even some of Fogerty's solo work and I love baseball as well but good lord does this song suck.

"I Just Called To Say I Love You" by Stevie Wonder. Again, love a lot of Stevie Wonder stuff. Can't get through a minute of this song without switching the station or vomitting uncontrollably.

I'm having a hard time thinking of songs I truly hate. Cause I even enjoy listening to some downright terrible ones on occassion for shits and giggles.

EDIT: And I love "Nothin Compares 2 U" but The live Prince version on his greatest hits compilation (Can't recall the name at the moment), I like even more. Have never heard the original version by The Family but I imagine it's similar to Prince's given that the man produced it.

I'd probably like Nothing Compares 2 U sung by Prince (I've never heard it), but Sinead's voice on that song is just completely intolerable.

One more:

Butterfly Kisses (Bob Carlisle) -- Oh my God, this is the SAPPIEST FUCKING SONG ON EARTH. I seriously want to throw up everytime I hear it.

Guest Smues
Butterfly Kisses (Bob Carlisle) -- Oh my God, this is the SAPPIEST FUCKING SONG ON EARTH. I seriously want to throw up everytime I hear it.

"Christmas Shoes" is worse.

I'm not the only one who thinks that song is evil? I'm not alone, I'm not alone!

That song is just about the only song that can get me to turn the radio off during Christmas music time. And apparantly they made a movie based on that song. Yeah, a movie based on a shitty pretenious 4 minute 'Christmas' song, if you can even consider it a Christmas song. And I think it starred Rob Lowe.

Queen - Dont Stop Me Now. I fucking hate this song as it winds me up no end. Why anyone can find this song good is beyond me.

Bryan Adams - That shit song from Robin Hood. Again, just another song that winds me up.

Savage Garden - Truly, Madly, Deeply. Need I say more?

Wasn't there a song with Michael Bolton, Rod Stewart, Sting, and Bryan Adams in some movie? It could well have been Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, but I don't remember.

Wasn't there a song with Michael Bolton, Rod Stewart, Sting, and Bryan Adams in some movie? It could well have been Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, but I don't remember.

"All For One" IIRC, although I don't think Bolton was with the other three.

"Goodbye Earl". I hate the Dixie Chicks anyway, but you know if Willie Nelson had done the same song about an abusive woman getting murdered by her husband and his buddy there'd have been lynchings at his concerts, but people treated this like comedy.

Pretty much anything by The Eagles.

Guest Smues

We built this city is another one that's bad, but goofy enough to not really be in worst ever territory. At least to me, worst ever are songs that don't really have any redeeming values. Yes, being bad enough to be goofy/silly/enjoyable bad is a redeeming value.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

I'm still satisfied with myself for my We Built This City gag last spring. It was better than just rickrolling. Also,

I seen alot of tracks that people hate than what is pure crap.

Pretty much anything by The Eagles.

get out of the fuckin' cab.

I agree with whoever said "Butterfly Kisses" and I don't hate it as much as my earlier mentioned songs but I've always disliked and been somewhat disturbed by Next's "Too Close". I'm sure there could be a good song made about a guy popping a boner whilst dancing with a chick but Next wasn't the group to do it...

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Ohhhhh, now I remember "Too Close" from, of all places, middle school dances. You dumbasses, this isn't that bad.

Yeah after posting that I got to thinking and concluded that 'We Built This City' has spent enough time in the Zeitgeist as Worst Song Ever that it know has that as a redeeming quality. Plus I youtubed it and know I can't get it out of my head again. So I guess maybe it's gone far enough to be 'So bad it's actually awesome'...

I can never think of 'We Built This City' as 'goofy' however since it was intended to be serious and a cry against 80s Corporate Rock when it was actually the absolute epitome of 80s Corporate Rock.

I pretty much agree with everything on this list. I'd forgotten about 'Party All the Time'.

Yeah after posting that I got to thinking and concluded that 'We Built This City' has spent enough time in the Zeitgeist as Worst Song Ever that it know has that as a redeeming quality. Plus I youtubed it and know I can't get it out of my head again. So I guess maybe it's gone far enough to be 'So bad it's actually awesome'...

I can never think of 'We Built This City' as 'goofy' however since it was intended to be serious and a cry against 80s Corporate Rock when it was actually the absolute epitome of 80s Corporate Rock.

I pretty much agree with everything on this list. I'd forgotten about 'Party All the Time'.

I think other Starship songs from that era are just as bad. "Sara" is one that comes to mind and is possibly even worse. That's song is wimp city. At least, "We Built This City" is hilariously hypocritical.

And nobody better mention "MacArthur Park"

Guest Gym Class Fallout

I'll do it. Terrible song in any and all iterations, from the ridiculous lyrics to the bombastic arrangements.

Not even Maynard Ferguson can save this thing.