TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

NFL WEEK NINE!! All my exes live in Texas.

It was made perhaps somewhat less memorable because they bitchslapped the three teams they played in the postseason that year. If you think that just the idea of any team that's not from a major market winning a Super Bowl is boring or forgettable, then I don't know what to tell you, other than that you're a piece of shit fuckwad and I hate you.

Now that I think about it, the sports world as a whole just really sucked from October '02 to October '03

Blah '02 MLB playoffs, blah NFL playoffs, blah NHL playoffs, superblah NBA finals

The only real good thing was the 2003 Final Four tourney

you're a piece of shit fuckwad and I hate you.

You would've said that anyway

The Raiders also played an unmemorable part in that unmemorable Superbowl

Unmemorable

No one else here pines for the heady days of early 2003 and the Gruden Bowl? Are we all watching the same sport, for Christ's sake?

They still have racks and racks of the championship teeshirts down here. Only 3.99. Plus half off.

Guest Vitamin X
It doesn't matter who did it. When the Cowboys and 49ers combined for four titles in the mid 90s, people still pointed out how dominant the NFC was.

Well that would be because the NFC went something like 13 years of winning the Super Bowl in a row. I'd say the NFC was more dominant in the 80's than in the 90's; and there were multiple teams from the NFC that won titles in those two decades. The Redskins, Giants, Bears, Niners, Cowboys, and Packers. The Bills COULD have won at least one of those four appearances, but it was an entire conference being superior to an entire conference, not a couple teams from one conference dominating everyone else in both conferences like it is today. But we'll just leave it at that.

See, I couldn't even remember my own most hated team getting humiliated on their home turf for the first time ever

That's how forgettable that postseason was.

The man responsible for that victory being behind bars and probably never playing again satisfies me for that reason alone.

Even worse is the 2002 Bucs had characters like Sapp and Keyshawn, so it's not like they were forgettable in the "San Antonio Spurs buncha nice guys play game right way" manner

No one else here pines for the heady days of early 2003 and the Gruden Bowl? Are we all watching the same sport, for Christ's sake?

They still have racks and racks of the championship teeshirts down here. Only 3.99. Plus half off.

That's hilarious. With S+H, I think I paid about $30 a piece for the conference championship and Super Bowl t-shirts. And I would never, ever wear them in public.

Even worse is the 2002 Bucs had characters like Sapp and Keyshawn, so it's not like they were forgettable in the "San Antonio Spurs buncha nice guys play game right way" manner

I'm a Spurs fan, too! Tell me how forgettable Florida's three recent National Championships were and it's a clean sweep.

Though (I believe) that was the year that Sapp looked like he was going to rip Mike Sherman's head right off his body, which would have been the awesomeist thing ever

I'm a Spurs fan, too! Tell me how forgettable Florida's three recent National Championships were and it's a clean sweep.

You can't forget a face like Joakim Noah

I only remember Raiders vs Bucs because former Blue Hen Rich THE CANNON Gannon started. Course he looked like complete crap, hit the dirt more than the shoes he was wearing and was turned into the Bucs personally little bitch. But dammit, he..um.. did a good job... running out of the tunnel.

The Raiders lost right?

Wow, Buffalo with another prime time game at home, with yet another chance to end an undefeated season. The BIlls play their best games at home so who knows what could happen (a Pats romp probably but most people thought the Cowboys would do that as well).

The Ravens are definitely screwed when it comes to playoff hopes out of the AFC North considering the cupcake schedules the steelers and browns have.

The Steelers have the Ravens, Browns, Jets, Dolphins, Bengals, Patriots, Jaguars, Rams and Ravens.

The Ravens have the Steelers, Browns, Bengals, Chargers, Patriots, Colts, Dolphins, Seahawks and Steelers

One of my few optimistic points about the Ravens schedule is that 3 of the 4 division games are at home, and the Pats/Colts games are in Baltimore as well.

I don't know how you can say Pittsburgh's schedule is a cupcake compared to Baltimore's with a straight face. They only have two differing opponents the entire season.

The Steelers schedule is cupcake the rest of the way out..I dont see the Steelers playing the Chargers/Patriots/Colts/Seahawks in a 5 week span upcoming like the Ravens do...they gets the Jets/Dolphins/Bengals/Rams...OOOH tough what a tough schedule that is.

Aside from the 49ers 27-point comeback against New York, the 2002 playoffs have easily been the most forgettable this decade

The Tommy Maddox comeback game was memorable, even though I was sorta pulling for the Browns to actually win a game.

I am still not over that game. The Browns blew a 23 or 24 point lead which was only overshadowed later that weekend by the 49ers/Giants. Until the Browns win a playoff game, I will not get over it (Yeah I know, it'll be a while . . . probably).

The Ravens are definitely screwed when it comes to playoff hopes out of the AFC North considering the cupcake schedules the steelers and browns have.

The Steelers have the Ravens, Browns, Jets, Dolphins, Bengals, Patriots, Jaguars, Rams and Ravens.

The Ravens have the Steelers, Browns, Bengals, Chargers, Patriots, Colts, Dolphins, Seahawks and Steelers

One of my few optimistic points about the Ravens schedule is that 3 of the 4 division games are at home, and the Pats/Colts games are in Baltimore as well.

I don't know how you can say Pittsburgh's schedule is a cupcake compared to Baltimore's with a straight face. They only have two differing opponents the entire season.

The Steelers schedule is cupcake the rest of the way out..I dont see the Steelers playing the Chargers/Patriots/Colts/Seahawks in a 5 week span upcoming like the Ravens do...they gets the Jets/Dolphins/Bengals/Rams...OOOH tough what a tough schedule that is.

The bottom line is there's only 2 different teams that intradivisional teams play. The Ravens played or will play NYJ/MIA/CIN/STL as well.

The bottom line is there's only 2 different teams that intradivisional teams play. The Ravens played or will play NYJ/MIA/CIN/STL as well.

SD/Indy > Denver/Jax

Guest Pizza Hut's Game Face

A difference of two games does not constitute what's comparatively a "cupcake schedule." Knock it the fuck off. If the Ravens are the juggernaut you tout them to be, they shouldn't have any trouble with the Chargers. Bitching about strength of schedule belies any argument that your team is good.

Guest cheetoe

What's scary is that the Ravens have the Chargers, Pats, and Colts in a row. That's basically the AFC playoffs right there. And to think if we win them all we get to do it all over again after the seasons over :ph34r: :headbang: